My PVP experience as a Force Master

tome7

Hey guys, I just reached level 45 and started to pvp for a bit in arena but I'm having a lot of trouble. Was just wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me.

So I've noticed from 30-ish games that I am having a lot of trouble in this order:

blade dancer > assassin > summoner > force master > destroyer > blade master

Honestly I don't understand what you are supposed to do against a blade dancer. I can't disable them at all when they are spinning and I can't do anything when they fling me in the air twice. I can only get 4 escapes but it seems like it's never enough.

Assassin has this thing where I try to CC them but they end up jumping out and away EVERY time. When they are invisible I try to hit them with something but 90% of the time it says "evaded" or what ever when it clearly hits them.

Summoners... I feel like it is one of the most depressing classes to face when the opponent is good. I feel like I literally cannot do anything.

So my questions are:

Why do half my spells that clearly hit say "resisted" or "evaded"?

Do they still do damage when "resisted"?

How is it fair that I can hit the assassin so many times on my screen but it says evaded?

Are Force Masters the weakest class in PVP right now?

What will the upcoming patches change that makes them better?

I know it is very skill based but I just feel super frustrated when I can't do anything in a match.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, tome7 said:

Hey guys, I just reached level 45 and started to pvp for a bit in arena but I'm having a lot of trouble. Was just wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me.

So I've noticed from 30-ish games that I am having a lot of trouble in this order:

blade dancer > assassin > summoner > force master > destroyer > blade master

Honestly I don't understand what you are supposed to do against a blade dancer. I can't disable them at all when they are spinning and I can't do anything when they fling me in the air twice. I can only get 4 escapes but it seems like it's never enough.

Assassin has this thing where I try to CC them but they end up jumping out and away EVERY time. When they are invisible I try to hit them with something but 90% of the time it says "evaded" or what ever when it clearly hits them.

Summoners... I feel like it is one of the most depressing classes to face when the opponent is good. I feel like I literally cannot do anything.

So my questions are:

Why do half my spells that clearly hit say "resisted" or "evaded"?

Do they still do damage when "resisted"?

How is it fair that I can hit the assassin so many times on my screen but it says evaded?

Are Force Masters the weakest class in PVP right now?

What will the upcoming patches change that makes them better?

I know it is very skill based but I just feel super frustrated when I can't do anything in a match.

Thanks!

As a fellow forcemaster, you should put destroyer up there with bladedancer. Those two beyblade spinnerette classes are tough to deal with, but personally I'm having less trouble with blade dancers somehow. They deflect and stun you if you attack them during their spin thing, but they don't disable the CC on them as far as I know by spinning - unlike the destroyers.

One thing I noticed is that it appears not their whole spin time is a deflect, but just about 0.5s on highest point, so you can actually get a few hits in then. Other than that, CC them to your best. Destroyers you can hardly CC, and I personally don't know how to deal with them if they spin, but the video of Jaesung fighting one was a good pointer.

For assassins - I'm just saying this by my observations, I might be wrong - they become invisible AND evading your hits when you fall for their counter move. If you hit them while they're spinning their hands, you get stunned, they teleport behind you, and they will have that pesky Evade when you try to hit them. Instead, grab them with phantom grip and mess them up while their counter is on cooldown.

As for assassins getting out of CC, I believe every class has one or two skills that negate CC like backstep and similar to FM's flame/ice step. If you got it on cooldown, he's all yours if you CC again. Exception being Destroyer who seems to have an exceptionally easy no-cooldown skill for that.

I may be wrong here and there, but that's just my point of view so far. Wish you luck!

Destroyers and BD are by far the hardest matchup for FM. I would even venture to say that on average SMN are one of our favoured matchups as u can just stunlock them and CC their pet. I've been using beam (ice / fire) a lot more due to my matchup inconsistencies versus DES and BD as the beams are a lot harder to counter. 

Against Assassins put only one point into impact when you find them (remember you can respect before every match for free, so you have time.) You can knock them out of invis with 1 regularly, just look for their shadow. Taking apart their invis makes Assassins more manageable. Don't expect a faceroll however, their control and tricks are still potent.

Destroyers and BD are always going to be a "bad" match up but not impossible. Those resists are what give us a headache. You have to get used to their animations and timing and try to get hits in between spins. Your shields become important for survivability. Its a waiting game and you have to play defensively. Which is hard since LBM are so quick.

Blademasters and KFM require flanking, we are about average against them, but if they are good they are going to make it difficult for you. Also read your skills, im not going to say which ones they are but we have at least one move that cant be parried .. So keep learning and keep practicing.

Summoners = slow or stun the cat, burn the SMN, this has to be our strongest matchup

Against other FM = The one who manages their Divine Veil the best will typically come out on top. Typically.

Can you explain to me how Divine veil is useful? I've been pvping for a few days now and the shield just doesn't strike me as incredibly useful, I realize I'm probably wrong but when would you use it? I've seen people investing 3 points into the shield, and to me it just feels like 3 points used to heal 5% hp.

I don't know, I read many positive and negative things about Force Masters regarding PvP but... I don't know what to say.

I only did some PvP in the desert and made the 5 matches in the arena that were needed for a quest and I got a 5:0 win ratio. I only had one fight where it was 1:1 and I won with a 2:1 and the enemy has been another Force Master. 

Maybe my enemies haven't been that good but it wasn't that hard to fight them. 

I am totally specced into Frost (don't know how to say it better), I don't use any Fire skills, only Frost. Permanently freeze them at one point and then high burst damage on the frozen targets, rinse and repeat until they're dead. What should I say? It totally worked.

• 2 weeks later...

force master > destroyer?

I am a force master and reached 1600 before lvl35 and reached 1700 at lvl 39. And now lvl 41 1700+.

Today i got knocked down by a destroyer for 10 sec and died in 10 sec(yeah 40k health loss). I couldn't do anything within that 10 sec.

destroyer is definitely the destroyer of force master.

Lol destros are one of our easiest matches.If you fall to use your stun removals and don't predict ther moves(which are very easy to predict btw) thats on you and can be fixed with practice.Against ther spin stun counter we have skill to dissable it.Against each class we have tools.Our hard counter is actually sin,but with a lot of practice that can be fixed as well. Against LBM we have tools too.

About Veil > It protect you from range skills like,BM/LBM/Destro ranged Pull/Knock down and sin swap(was tab I belive).PRotect you a lot vs FM's and Summoners.In general is very very usefull skill ;)

For me it's goes BD -> BM -> Destro 

Kiting is your friend, spec into 10 second chill on RMB and chill on ice coil to keep it up, only burst on them when you can disable the spinning / parries then wait again for your cds otherwise you'll just be stunning yourself. 

3 hours ago, Tupan said:

Lol destros are one of our easiest matches.If you fall to use your stun removals and don't predict ther moves(which are very easy to predict btw) thats on you and can be fixed with practice.Against ther spin stun counter we have skill to dissable it.Against each class we have tools.Our hard counter is actually sin,but with a lot of practice that can be fixed as well. Against LBM we have tools too.

About Veil > It protect you from range skills like,BM/LBM/Destro ranged Pull/Knock down and sin swap(was tab I belive).PRotect you a lot vs FM's and Summoners.In general is very very usefull skill ;)

One of our easiest? You can find jaesung, you know previous world champ and best FM in the world, lose to a plat destroyer in NA CBT.

Our balance now is pretty much like it was in beta to my knowledge.

As for veil that people mentioned earlier, it not only heals 5% but also gives a damage reduction, which means you will have more health left over after their attacks ofc, but due to limited skillpoints right now it shouldn't be used against most of the melee classes.

7 minutes ago, ssolitude said:

One of our easiest? You can find jaesung, you know previous world champ and best FM in the world, lose to a plat destroyer in NA CBT.

Our balance now is pretty much like it was in beta to my knowledge.

As for veil that people mentioned earlier, it not only heals 5% but also gives a damage reduction, which means you will have more health left over after their attacks ofc, but due to limited skillpoints right now it shouldn't be used against most of the melee classes.

Everyone is bound to lose a match here and there.World champions do as well,plus from what I have seen atleast from the office they stream,the ping is really shitty there(GM's and ther ping tool 60-200 is far from competitive game).Hell I do fairly decent vs the so called op classes and I lose stupidly against easy matches or I just lose an already supposed to be winned match.Don't know why but I play better vs the so called op classes and always mess up against easy matches.Just me thu.

It should be used against every class period.BM pull/KD , LBM KD/Pull,Destro KD/Pull ranged skills protection is advantage you can't just sacrifice easly.

Things are about to change thu.

And I doubt Jae is in his full potention without over 20 or so points.And at the time they had 45 cap and no HM FM had 30% chance to insta freeze you with RB.

Everything I'm complaining for is the unstable connection to BnS servers at prime time.With the ping tool I found in dogo I can fairly easy monitor my ping and all I see there is 25-28 at every other hour but prime time.And at prime time is spiking up to 300.25-100-70-25-200-100-25-150-25...It's sooo annoying.And this lag spikes when half your guild disconnect or is in lag spike of over 10 sec...our ISP I guess is to blame,although we are all around Europe.

1 hour ago, Tupan said:

Everyone is bound to lose a match here and there.World champions do as well,plus from what I have seen atleast from the office they stream,the ping is really shitty there(GM's and ther ping tool 60-200 is far from competitive game).Hell I do fairly decent vs the so called op classes and I lose stupidly against easy matches or I just lose an already supposed to be winned match.Don't know why but I play better vs the so called op classes and always mess up against easy matches.Just me thu.

It should be used against every class period.BM pull/KD , LBM KD/Pull,Destro KD/Pull ranged skills protection is advantage you can't just sacrifice easly.

Things are about to change thu.

And I doubt Jae is in his full potention without over 20 or so points.And at the time they had 45 cap and no HM FM had 30% chance to insta freeze you with RB.

Everything I'm complaining for is the unstable connection to BnS servers at prime time.With the ping tool I found in dogo I can fairly easy monitor my ping and all I see there is 25-28 at every other hour but prime time.And at prime time is spiking up to 300.25-100-70-25-200-100-25-150-25...It's sooo annoying.And this lag spikes when half your guild disconnect or is in lag spike of over 10 sec...our ISP I guess is to blame,although we are all around Europe.

You have impact, Ice-V and Q/E that are all good for dealing with the ranged attack.

3 points into veil against destro to mostly just stop a throw that has 30sec CD, which you can stop with other means instead, is kinda wasteful.

Against KFM it isn't even ranged attacks to stop really, you would only be taking it for the hp and dmg reduction pretty much.

Against BM and LBM it is a bit more useful, but 3 points can do a lot elsewhere when we are so starved for skillpoints.

Against sin it is a must I fully agree with of course.

And FM/Summ should go without saying.

1 hour ago, Tupan said:

Reduce dmg by 15% and regen some hp.To me is not a waste.

But you aren't just getting 15% dmg reduce and hp reg, you are spending 3 skillpoints to have that.

It means you are giving up something valueable to get it, with those 3 points you could have frost burst instead against a destroyer, or rising blaze for the full combo, frost palm down to 1 focus cost etc

There are just so many places those skillpoints could be put which will broaden your arsenal in the match, which is why it really is kinda wasteful unless the range resist on veil provides good value.

Archived