Fix the queue times.

Geekjorge

This is Blade and soul global player from asia(vietnam/sg/indo/malay/etc also play this game already been waiting... that's why it reach this high... just fix the server more ppl still coming some my friend want to play too..

u know this happen in server china too... but they did so quickly increase the capasity .. why server na only open new server, when other server overload like this... no one will move server... i survey 1 week hope everything will be fix so everyone can enjoy playing. If not i will think this is just  another archeage...developer NA/EU just made the good game destroyer again...

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whynn said:

Not only that, but if all the F2P players leave, thus completely removing queue times, all the current paying players will simply stop paying because there is no queue to "bypass".

Not all of them leave. A minority of them leave, actually. A lot of them are in game playing, too. I see tons of people running around with no star next to their names. Tons.

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

And this must be your first MMO, seriously. Queue times are NORMAL for big MMO's with a lot of hype. I don't know how many times me and others can stress that enough. WoW has had queue times since the beginning of time, at their launch, and they still have queue times when they release expansion packs. FFXIV had queue times, ArcheAge had queue times, and many more had queue times. All of these games are still going strong.

You are just massively wrong. The only reason WoD (WoW) had large queue times is because 2 million people re-upped their sub for the game, with almost 1.3 million people buying the game the day before or on launch day. Blizzard did not account for that. But TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP did not have these strenuous queue times. This is an NCsoft problem. Aion and GW2 had queue problems too. FF14 did not have queue problems on HW's launch, except for Balmung and Gilgamesh (the two highest population servers). If you want I can continue to list games that do not have a queue problem (for the record, Balmung still has a 20-50 person queue some times at peak levels, which means it is at its max occupancy but SE was able to increase their server capacity to meet demands--something NCsoft did not do after launch).

You say that 5 dollars is "measly" because you probably don't even pay for it yourself. 5 dollars for many people is the difference. And while you may say "but you should support the Dev" the bottom line is all F2P models should cater to the F2P players, not the Premium players, since they already have your money.

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Not all of them leave. A minority of them leave, actually. A lot of them are in game playing, too. I see tons of people running around with no star next to their names. Tons.

Depends on the server, obviously. On Poharan I saw almost no one without a star, because it is a high pop server and everyone blew their money on a Student's Bundle just to bypass NCsoft's shitty servers. And again, I am talking about the fact NCsoft basically is forcing players to either wait 5-10 hours, or pay them 5 dollars to shorten it to 1-2, which is insane.

8 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

No, that's wrong, because in a week or two, the queues will be gone, just watch. Again, queues are expected, especially in an F2P game!

sorry i got mix up with my ideas i dint meant to blame the community! its just premium player feel so entitled to classify, insult non premium players with comment such as get a better potato, you plebs, get a job. I'm tired of it.This is not what i play video game to be harassed at doing what i enjoy with the few friends still play this game lol. i'm sorry i went off topic there. i meant to blame the bussiness model. Now ask yourself if queue time will be over as you said then why are we getting premium for? What is worth of out premium for those who have 365 premium status?

7 minutes ago, Whynn said:

You are just massively wrong. The only reason WoD (WoW) had large queue times is because 2 million people re-upped their sub for the game, with almost 1.3 million people buying the game the day before or on launch day. Blizzard did not account for that. But TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP did not have these strenuous queue times. This is an NCsoft problem. Aion and GW2 had queue problems too. FF14 did not have queue problems on HW's launch, except for Balmung and Gilgamesh (the two highest population servers). If you want I can continue to list games that do not have a queue problem (for the record, Balmung still has a 20-50 person queue some times at peak levels, which means it is at its max occupancy but SE was able to increase their server capacity to meet demands--something NCsoft did not do after launch).

You say that 5 dollars is "measly" because you probably don't even pay for it yourself. 5 dollars for many people is the difference. And while you may say "but you should support the Dev" the bottom line is all F2P models should cater to the F2P players, not the Premium players, since they already have your money.

You forgot to mention WoW launch, and you just said there was a queue time in WoD, which proves my point about queue times.

Oh, and....
Cataclysm
WOTLK
MOP

I think I jut proved you wrong....

And I don't pay for it myself? Really? I'm a grown man who works for a living. Gtfo of here with that assumption BS. I can scrounge up $5 in pocket change and I'm not a rich man lol

41 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Because it has been proven that the F2P model brings in more money, that's why they use it. And I still don't believe the 2 hour queue time with premium, sorry. I'm on one of the most populated NA servers and I have never been in a queue more than an hour, and I log in a lot throughout the day. Did you maybe try to log in after the server came back from crash/maintenance? That's the only time I can see you could get that long of a queue as premium. It was probably more situational in your case, but I can tell you the servers aren't always like that for premium members.

not really for you to believe i doubt i would lie to you to begin with.

if im ( and others are reading) over Premi 900+ in ques then maybe you should do some research i gave you my raw wait time.

as for the Free2play model, more money valid but then i dont see how even if you fork over cash you get some type of special treatment that increases your log in time ( as i said B/S shoulda just been Pay 2 play if they were doing this)

AND not to mention the bots in que times? like, ok there are actual people trying to play i dont see why bots are allowed to fill in xxx amounts and flood ques? 

14 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Hey guess what? I bought the initiate pack, too...and fully knowing that it does NOT come with premium, as it states that when you're viewing it. So, I knew that I had to spend a little more, which was a measly $5, to get premium for 7 days to shorten my queue times. That's called smart planning, and not blaming everything on the game and the devs.

Of course it is, but your statement as of now is 'I am a paying player, I therefore deserve extra benefits'. This is flawed. What you're trying to state is 'If I pay for premium, I should get more benefits than those without premium' which is an entirely different statement and doesn't sound as aggressive and 'on the attack'. One is fact, the other makes it seem like you're attacking a non-premium playerbase unnecessarily.

And this must be your first MMO, seriously. Queue times are NORMAL for big MMO's with a lot of hype. I don't know how many times me and others can stress that enough. WoW has had queue times since the beginning of time, at their launch, and they still have queue times when they release expansion packs. FFXIV had queue times, ArcheAge had queue times, and many more had queue times. All of these games are still going strong.

There's a difference between long que times because of 'hype' and long que times because you're unprepared. As we can see, NCSoft had servers on the sidelines ready for the probability that the initial servers would be so incredibly overloaded that they would need more. Instead of outright allowing all the servers to function on launch day, they waited for the problem to compound. This game won't die from the que-times, but I promise it will hurt their business. By how much, only they can predict.

And I disagree with you on your last line. A paid player should get priority over free players. That's how it works in games and even in life! You can't change that, sorry.

The difference in your attitude and mine is yours puts premium players on a podium and mine does not. Premium should absolutely get benefits, that's a given. But the moment you completely ignore your F2P playerbase you will fail and you will fail hard.

1 minute ago, Melfice said:

The difference is your attitude and mine is yours puts premium players on a podium and mine does not. Premium should absolutely get benefits, that's a given. But the moment you completely ignore your F2P playerbase you will fail and you will fail hard.

well said Melfice! that is exactly what I'm trying to say people!

9 minutes ago, Melfice said:

Of course it is, but your statement as of now is 'I am a paying player, I therefore deserve extra benefits'. This is flawed. What you're trying to state is 'If I pay for premium, I should get more benefits than those without premium' which is an entirely different statement and doesn't sound as aggressive and 'on the attack'. One is fact, the other makes it seem like you're attacking a non-premium playerbase unnecessarily.

There's a difference between long que times because of 'hype' and long que times because you're unprepared. As we can see, NCSoft had servers on the sidelines ready for the probability that the initial servers would be so incredibly overloaded that they would need more. Instead of outright allowing all the servers to function on launch day, they waited for the problem to compound. This game won't die from the que-times, but I promise it will hurt their business. By how much, only they can predict.

The difference is your attitude and mine is yours puts premium players on a podium and mine does not. Premium should absolutely get benefits, that's a given. But the moment you completely ignore your F2P playerbase you will fail and you will fail hard.

Paying players do deserve extra benefits like shortening the queue time and all the other goodies in game. They definitely deserve that, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there?

NCSoft was unprepared because of the hype lol. They have even said multiple times that they were not ready for this many players! And of course you wait until you see an apparent issue with things before you do something about it, because just outright running more servers would cost them more money, which would be a bad business move. What if they opened more servers on launch day and it didn't meet the demand? Now they have to merge people who rolled on the empty servers? They noticed the problem on day 1 and opened more servers on day 2, and then more just recently, so again what are you trying to get at here? They are definitely trying to fix the issue. There is no magic button that fixes everything in a flash.

And NCSoft is definitely not ignoring their f2p player base. That's just an exaggeration there, because you're not getting instant gratifying results from them.

36 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

If you're a free player, you're really just a a homeless person complaining about how long the soup kitchen line is. Or you're that free concert-goer who complains that the paid ticket-holders get to go in first and get the front seats. It's quite ridiculous how entitled a lot of you f2p players are....

A lot of you need to step back and realize that this may be a game for all of us, but it is a business for NCSoft and devs. They have families to feed, bills to pay, etc., etc. So yes, they will try to make money and if it's a measly $5 off of people, then so be it. It's either $5 to shorten a queue time or $60 for a retail title. Which is better in your eyes?

LMAO> Please hop of their nuts and let them do their job. Like i said, I dont give a *cricket* about any of that, you want me to pay for something that I cant even log in and see if I want to play for long. If you want me to be real, im only waiting for the next round of Beta to go live for Black Desert Online, and then I wont even pay this tera clone any attention. SO you can compare me to homeless people, and soup kitchens and whatever else your imagination dreams up, but the whole idea of paying for something just to be able to access it is preposterous in my eyes. Obviously, alot of people here would do it, and thats fine by me, im not judging. But everyday I have to sit here and wait hours to log in is less and less than id even consider paying for any premium content in this game. 

And if you want to be real, Stress tests, and betas are STAPLES in today's video game community. IF a proper stress test was conducted, these types of problems could have been eliminated from the jump. So you keep telling yourself that as a premium member, your entitled to every damn pixel they throw at you, but if a company shits on there free players like this at the beginning, mark my words it wont be that long before everyone goes somewhere else. 

6 minutes ago, hatewaitinginqueues said:

LMAO> Please hop of their nuts and let them do their job. Like i said, I dont give a *cricket* about any of that, you want me to pay for something that I cant even log in and see if I want to play for long. If you want me to be real, im only waiting for the next round of Beta to go live for Black Desert Online, and then I wont even pay this tera clone any attention. SO you can compare me to homeless people, and soup kitchens and whatever else your imagination dreams up, but the whole idea of paying for something just to be able to access it is preposterous in my eyes. Obviously, alot of people here would do it, and thats fine by me, im not judging. But everyday I have to sit here and wait hours to log in is less and less than id even consider paying for any premium content in this game. 

And if you want to be real, Stress tests, and betas are STAPLES in today's video game community. IF a proper stress test was conducted, these types of problems could have been eliminated from the jump. So you keep telling yourself that as a premium member, your entitled to every damn pixel they throw at you, but if a company shits on there free players like this at the beginning, mark my words it wont be that long before everyone goes somewhere else. 

Oh yeah, because everything should be free and you should get what you want all the time - from a company that works hard and brings these games to you at that. That's called entitlement and selfishness. And you must also think the NCSoft staff are all robots who have no family and no bills to pay lol

"....but if a company shits on there free players like this at the beginning, mark my words it wont be that long before everyone goes somewhere else. "

And what's hilarious is I've seen this exact line in a lot of MMO forums lol and they're all still going strong with a healthy playerbase. It's like deja vu all over again.

And uhhh, news flash! They've held many alphas and CBT's to do many tests. Launch is always a different story because there is always less people playing in alpha and CBT who actually spent money and ordered founders packs. Common sense!

33 minutes ago, Whynn said:

The issue is that no one wants to play a game you have to spend 5 dollars a week to reduce a queue time from 5 hours to 1-2 hours. That's still utterly ridiculous. If NCsoft wants this game to succeed in the West, they have to cater to the F2P audience, not assume people are just going to drop money to shorten queue times.

Wrong, they cater to the ones who voluntarily spend money and then always hope that some of the F2P players will also spend some money, which is why they give paid players perks like shortened queue times and other in-game perks. It's a given that the majority of F2P players are just along for the free ride.

3 minutes ago, thedirtycrumpet said:

4 times i have waited in these 1400+ premium queues on Pohoran server only to have the game crash........ what even is this rubbish. 

Try a file repair on the launcher or re-download the game. Also, try to clean your computer of malware, run Ccleaner or something. Something on your end might be conflicting with game files, or you have corrupted game files. You have to understand that not everyone is having this issue, so it might not be the game itself, it could be a combination of things.

Also, you might want to spend $5 on a starter pack to get premium to shorten the queue times, otherwise you're just going to have to suck it up as a free player.

8 hours ago, Munchiez said:

Yup! Unless you're a premium member! That's how it should be!

Hey smart *** I have a Premium membership and I STILL wait in a long *** Queue, so getting a Premium membership doesn't really fix anything. =.= Next time don't be so ignorant and rude please. Crashing does NOT help us at all, and requeue when we change characters? lol

Just now, Munchiez said:

Try a file repair or re-download the game. Also, try to clean your computer of malware, run Ccleaner or something. Something on your end might be conflicting with game files, or you have corrupted game files. You have to understand that not everyone is having this issue, so it might not be the game itself, it could be a combination of things.

Also, you might want to spend $5 on a starter pack to get premium to shorten the queue times, otherwise you're just going to have to suck it up as a free player.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i am already a premium member and i have already done the other rubbish you have said. this is nothing to do with my computer the game has been running fine since release until it became the weekend for you americans to absolutely flood the servers..........

Just now, thedirtycrumpet said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i am already a premium member and i have already done the other rubbish you have said. this is nothing to do with my computer the game has been running fine since release until it became the weekend for you americans to absolutely flood the servers..........

Ummm, I'm not having the problem. The thousands of other people playing obviously aren't having the problem. But yeah, it's always something or someone else's fault, right?

4 minutes ago, Aeriya said:

Hey smart *** I have a Premium membership and I STILL wait in a long *** Queue, so getting a Premium membership doesn't really fix anything. =.= Next time don't be so ignorant and rude please. Crashing does NOT help us at all, and requeue when we change characters? lol

What is considered "long" to you, and kindly name which server you experienced these long queue times as a premium player.

4 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Paying players do deserve extra benefits like shortening the queue time and all the other goodies in game. They definitely deserve that, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there?

I'm agreeing with the premise but not the overly aggressive emotional undertone in your message.

5 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

NCSoft was unprepared because of the hype lol. They have even said multiple times that they were not ready for this many players! And of course you wait until you see an apparent issue with things before you do something about it, because just outright running more servers would cost them more money, which would be a bad business move. What if they opened more servers on launch day and it didn't meet the demand? Now they have to merge people who rolled on the empty servers? They noticed the problem on day 1 and opened more servers on day 2, and then more just recently, so again what are you trying to get at here? They are definitely trying to fix the issue. There is no magic button that fixes everything in a flash.

If you really believe that NCsoft -had no idea the game would be this popular- we can stop the discussion now. This game was intensely anticipated and in demand for years. They built up their own hype themselves. They could even project numbers with the size of their beta/alpha players. The maths you can do with just the right amount of data is staggering.

If you don't believe that they didn't spend at the very least a few months calculating whether or not this game could be successful outside of Asia and planning for a certain number of people to play the game, I have nothing to add. If you do, then you'd have to admit that they did a poor job in calculating the size of their playerbase on launch (and sometimes, that genuinely happens).

The very fact that they added more servers within 24 hours strongly suggests they knew that the game would be this popular; if they were completely unprepared they wouldn't have servers ready to go on the sidelines. Now, it's great they are doing things in a fairly timely manner; but let's not pretend that they were just staring at their screens with eyes wide open Day 1 going: "I can't believe it Steve, can you? So many people. We didn't account for this.".

13 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

And NCSoft is definitely not ignoring their f2p player base. That's just an exaggeration there, because you're not getting instant gratifying results from them.

I never said they were actively doing this; what I said is that doing so is a fatal mistake for the game, if not every F2P game.

Mushin, and now Poharan. I'm not waiting 25 minutes every time the game crashes for whatever reason because they won't try to fix the issue. It seems that it's affecting quite a handful of people, only to have to sit in queues yet again even if we're Premium members.

2 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Wrong, they cater to the ones who voluntarily spend money and then always hope that some of the F2P players will also spend some money, which is why they give paid players perks like shortened queue times and other in-game perks. It's a given that the majority of F2P players are just along for the free ride.

You dont understand the problem here! You just said: "F2p Player are just along for the free ride" well if I remember correctly this game is advertised as Free to Play isn't it? okey so we were told premium will shorten you queue time okey cool. Now premiums have long quees as well. Now what now? what is this special treatment you are defending? There are plenty of F2p games that does not have such restrictions! GW2 for example now is F2P Does not any premium membership, queues nor any of the drama we have to deal here and even then they offer better benefits. Thirs catch is that you want to play certain content you but the expansion however that will not stop you to play the game in any way.

Their F2P model force you to get premium. At this point in the game is a must to have premium in order to play the game! That is not F2p at all! 

Just now, Munchiez said:

Ummm, I'm not having the problem. The thousands of other people playing obviously aren't having the problem. But yeah, it's always something or someone else's fault, right?

no it not just me having the same problem.......the fact that you assume i havent got a premium account and treating people like they are retarded or something that they cant think to do something like a file repair. THANKS Captain Obvious saving the day one comment at a time. 

Archived