Combat is so boring, Anything to do other than fighting monsters?

xaqq

The combat including pvp combat is really 2 dimensional and way too simple for my tastes. Watching this game being played on youtube was really decieving. the combat heavily relies on stuns and knockdowns that come solely from skills meant to knock you down or counter you into a stun. I mainly play in the competitive fighting game scene (ssb melee) and everytime i hop onto pvp for this game i feel like i'm playing something for kids. 

Honestly it's depressing to see this combat system boil down to the game forcing you to use the same set of combos and locking them behind certain skills so you have to use the right combo instead of allowing the player to experiment and choose what is right for themselves with creative combos and gameplay.

Is there other content worth playing or is this really it? Is there also a way to increase stamina for running and flying (i can literally just play this game for that, way more interesting than the combat offered atm.)?

Just now, Vishimtar said:

The combat in this game is too difficult for 95% of gamers, which is why this will be another niche game like Tera which has far more basic combat.  Go play a FPS that is purely skill based if you find this too easy.

I used to be into fps games but found the communities in those games too retarded. Which is why i found fighting games, ironically offering way more depth in terms of skilled and creative play. SSB became my main game, but i originally started out playing mmorpg's until i realized the grinding and simple combat systems offered nothing for me. 

BnS and black desert were the 2 games i was thinking may get me back into the mmo genre but it seems to fail to grip my attention....

Just now, xaqq said:

I used to be into fps games but found the communities in those games too retarded. Which is why i found fighting games, ironically offering way more depth in terms of skilled and creative play. SSB became my main game, but i originally started out playing mmorpg's until i realized the grinding and simple combat systems offered nothing for me. 

BnS and black desert were the 2 games i was thinking may get me back into the mmo genre but it seems to fail to grip my attention....

Maybe you're playing the wrong class?  Try the kung fu master, it's the most complex in the game IMO.  If that doesn't do it for you then nothing else in BNS probably will.

You can't be serious. I've played almost every mmo out there and B&S has been the most enjoyable due to the combat. Hell, that is why I endure waiting for queues and other problems. In mmo's you're either fighting monsters or other people so I'm not sure what you meant by the title.

"Honestly it's depressing to see this combat system boil down to the game forcing you to use the same set of combos and locking them behind certain skills so you have to use the right combo instead of allowing the player to experiment and choose what is right for themselves with creative combos and gameplay."

Have you looked at the skill trees? I mean really, have you?

Anyways, it is very simple. Games are meant to be enjoyable. If you're not having fun then find something else to do/play.

Just now, Vishimtar said:

Maybe you're playing the wrong class?  Try the kung fu master, it's the most complex in the game IMO.  If that doesn't do it for you then nothing else in BNS probably will.

*cricket*.

yea i tried all classes already. Kungfu master is the class that made me realize this game just forces you into the same set of combos without giving you the choice to use others in different states or what not.

GG. But i really like the exploration aspect and sandbox aspect that mmo's can offer. BnS's story unfortunately is just a tad bit too cheesey for me. I've delve very deep into games like skyrim and witcher due to the story, exploration, and freedom that gave the game depth even with the lack of combat skill required. I was just wondering if the end game can offer anything like that?

I've never played an eastern mmo that had a story worth following.  In fact no mmo really.  ESO would probably be the closest.  Most MMOs are very formulaic: spam quests while ignoring quest text to get max level, grind dungeons/raids/pvp for best gear, wait for next content drop so you can replace the gear you've already grinded with better gear.  They're called MMORPGs but you can safely leave the RPG part off of most.

Just now, Otone said:

You can't be serious. I've played almost every mmo out there and B&S has been the most enjoyable due to the combat. Hell, that is why I endure waiting for queues and other problems. In mmo's you're either fighting monsters or other people so I'm not sure what you meant by the title.

"Honestly it's depressing to see this combat system boil down to the game forcing you to use the same set of combos and locking them behind certain skills so you have to use the right combo instead of allowing the player to experiment and choose what is right for themselves with creative combos and gameplay."

Have you looked at the skill trees? I mean really, have you?

Yes i have seen the skill tree. and it's pathetic. I've tried the system before. It allows you to alter skill behavior, not how you use them. 

I think the reason why you adore the combat so much is because you have yet to play games other than mmorpgs. You guys live in a hole. Try playing Competitive SSB, which is solely about combat. Then when you play this you'll fall asleep.

4 minutes ago, xaqq said:

Yes i have seen the skill tree. and it's pathetic. I've tried the system before. It allows you to alter skill behavior, not how you use them. 

I think the reason why you adore the combat so much is because you have yet to play games other than mmorpgs. You guys live in a hole. Try playing Competitive SSB, which is solely about combat. Then when you play this you'll fall asleep.

You play the new super smash bros?
Aren't all the inputs delayed quite a bit in online mode? If not for you, it is for me. Really frustrating to play online due to that.

Just now, HalpMeh said:

You play the new super smash bros?
Aren't all the inputs delayed quite a bit in online mode? If not for you, it is for me. Really frustrating to play online due to that.

that's why i stick with SSB melee. Melee is the hardcore community, a lot more punishing and unforgiving. It's the fastest paced ssb game there is. You should really try to go to one of your local SSB tournaments and just experience how hardcore the game can really be. Playing online will never be the same as playing against others in a tourney.

8 minutes ago, xaqq said:

Well I'm not about to compare Blade and Soul to Street Fighter am I?

Just now, Shepard said:

Srsly ? You already reached lv 45 with all class ? Unlocked all the skills for them ? Because i think you're made 2-3 char and reached like ~lv20.... 

Things you say ... sounds like bullshet for me :D

i've reached level 34 on my kungfu master and 24 on other characters.

As i said most people who disagree probably have never played anything competitive/outside of teh mmorpg genre. Hence they never experienced the standard/quality/depth i'm looking for.

24 minutes ago, xaqq said:

The combat including pvp combat is really 2 dimensional and way too simple for my tastes. Watching this game being played on youtube was really decieving. the combat heavily relies on stuns and knockdowns that come solely from skills meant to knock you down or counter you into a stun. I mainly play in the competitive fighting game scene (ssb melee) and everytime i hop onto pvp for this game i feel like i'm playing something for kids. 

Honestly it's depressing to see this combat system boil down to the game forcing you to use the same set of combos and locking them behind certain skills so you have to use the right combo instead of allowing the player to experiment and choose what is right for themselves with creative combos and gameplay.

Is there other content worth playing or is this really it? Is there also a way to increase stamina for running and flying (i can literally just play this game for that, way more interesting than the combat offered atm.)?

If it is so easy and one dimensional, I am assuming you are already diamond rank and you are going to win the first NA or EU tournament right? lol

Just now, HalpMeh said:

I've heard Vindictus gets repetitive real quick.

tried that, yes the combat is a lot more complicated than bns combat which doesn't require the play to think about positioning, vindictus does, but it quickly gets repeptitive towards the end after you master you evade timing etc. Mainly because they only offer you a few skills to work with.

3 minutes ago, HalpMeh said:

I've heard Vindictus gets repetitive real quick.

There's a good lot of content since it is a game that has been out for a while in Korea. Yes it does get repetitive in the end and you get burnt out like me. But combat is still one of the best I have experienced. It truly is a skill based PvE game in the later levels if you are aiming to solo raid bosses.

2 minutes ago, xaqq said:

i've reached level 34 on my kungfu master and 24 on other characters.

As i said most people who disagree probably have never played anything competitive/outside of teh mmorpg genre. Hence they never experienced the standard/quality/depth i'm looking for.

Well, I'd imagine BnS wouldn't be the hardcore competitive-type of game you're looking for. A full-on fighter game would be better fit rather than an MMO/fighter, I believe.
I don't think MMO's are the type to have the kind of competitive, complex combat.

I've personally never been into something extremely competitive, mainly because I'm not good enough. In any game... lol. 

I'm playing an Assassin and I must say, I find the combat to be refreshing for an MMO.

No more fixed skill rotations like you have in WoW and it's countless clones.

I find I'm using my skills in different ways depending on the enemy, the situation or the number of entities in the encounter.

I would really like to know which MMO's OP has played that has better combat.

I'm not being sarcastic. I would really like to know as I have not come across any.

Certainly not Tera, Aion, Guild Wars 2, WoW, STO, Rift, ESO, The Secret World, Archeage or Wildstar (all MMO's I have played)

Btw, anyone else hyped for Black Desert? 

Archived