An idea to remove spammers

Odysseus

Hello, I'm tired of blocking spammers, I thought of an idea to the GMs, if anyone repeating the same phrase 5 or 10 times block the chat that person for 30 minutes or 1 hour, i think any player would repeat the same phrase 5 or 10 times. Sorry for bad English, I am learning English.

Most bots get around this by varying their output by a small amount, but any little measure to shut these guys up, even in the short term, would be nice.

I think, on top of that, it would be nice if low level characters would be subjected to something like twitch's slowmode for global and zonewide channels, and have it get progressively less strict as they gain levels.

Nice idea, but to put it into practice they would have store every chars chat for the 5 or 10 times, then every time we typed something they'd have to compare the new phrase to the stored internal list.  It would probably dog the chat system.

6 minutes ago, Shautru said:

Nice idea, but to put it into practice they would have store every chars chat for the 5 or 10 times, then every time we typed something they'd have to compare the new phrase to the stored internal list.  It would probably dog the chat system.

Yes, I do not know how servers works and if it is possible. But if it works for at least 40% of bots already help a lot.

I think a possible solution for bots and gold spammers would be for NCSoft to have a Guide rank similar to how Everquest was set up.  A Guide's job would be enforcing rules against spamming and gold selling.  Guides could be used to kick the gold spammers and bots (banning is pointless on a ftp game tbh), which would in turn allow the folks waiting in queues a chance to get in a little faster by cycling the people logged in.

10 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

I think a possible solution for bots and gold spammers would be for NCSoft to have a Guide rank similar to how Everquest was set up.  A Guide's job would be enforcing rules against spamming and gold selling.  Guides could be used to kick the gold spammers and bots (banning is pointless on a ftp game tbh), which would in turn allow the folks waiting in queues a chance to get in a little faster by cycling the people logged in.

Hell they could even do with player-made channels like in wildstar, where the creators of the channel can moderate them, I mean at least that way SOMEONE is still moderating the chat. :T

Archived