Insane Spam

Cesura

I maxed out my block list in less than 1/2 an hour. Now that I'm out of blocks, region chat is literally unusable.

Gold seller spam has always been a reality of F2P MMOs, but this is the worst I've ever seen. 

An unlimited block list will not fix this since I'd still be spending every 3-5 minutes stopping to block another set of bots, but it'd be a start.

Requiring a minimum level of say... 10 to speak in region chat would at least slow them down a tad. Without punishing legit players too hard since it really only takes a couple hours to get to 10 via the starter quests. 

I really hope NC soft doesn't have to resort to locking chat to premium members like UE Aion F2P was last time I played it, but I hope something less extreme can be worked out to at least slow down spammers to a blockable rate. 

1 minute ago, Cesura said:

I maxed out my block list in less than 1/2 an hour. Now that I'm out of blocks, region chat is literally unusable.

Gold seller spam has always been a reality of F2P MMOs, but this is the worst I've ever seen. 

An unlimited block list will not fix this since I'd still be spending every 3-5 minutes stopping to block another set of bots, but it'd be a start.

Requiring a minimum level of say... 10 to speak in region chat would at least slow them down a tad. Without punishing legit players too hard since it really only takes a couple hours to get to 10 via the starter quests. 

I really hope NC soft doesn't have to resort to locking chat to premium members like UE Aion F2P was last time I played it, but I hope something less extreme can be worked out to at least slow down spammers to a blockable rate. 

Some one under level 10 is more likely to ask for help than some one over 10 so then you make it hard for them. What do they do, just quit.

We need report tools. I can't believe that these don't exist in a long established game.

29 minutes ago, Saccharin said:

Some one under level 10 is more likely to ask for help than some one over 10 so then you make it hard for them. What do they do, just quit.

We need report tools. I can't believe that these don't exist in a long established game.

I kind of agree, but like I said, region chat is practically unusable like this and they'd have a hard time asking questions and getting an answer back anyways so it's nearly a moot point. I've played games that took similar measures, and honestly having to stick to local/Say chat for the first few 5-10 levels wasn't that bad. 

We definitely need report tools though. Right-Click/Report Spam. 

To everyone saying to clean out my block list:

Cleaning my block list is NOT a solution. 

I am not exaggerating about blocking so many spammers I hit 50 in well under an hour of gameplay. 

That means the spammers are so fresh that if I unblock the spammer from 40 minutes ago they'll still be on the server to resume spamming me. There's so many that rotating my blocks won't let me keep it up. 

I fear people may think I'm exaggerating how bad the spammer problem is. In Yunwa it really is that bad right now. (Or at least when I was playing an hour ago before I took a lunch break) Especially because there is this one spammer/site that makes 3-5 accounts at once, and they all spam in tandem and once you block the batch they come back 5-10 minutes later with another set. Honestly, I don't see why goldsellers feel the need to block out the entire chat with a literal wall of spam. I don't see how they can even get a customer by pissing off their potential base. I wouldn't even care about their advertising if they'd slow the heck down instead of pasting the same message in chat 30 times a minute. 

I swear I saw a thread with the exact same title, on the exact same topic about bot spam... but yea, I've heard that the bot spam was an issue ingame (I haven't made a character yet).  Hopefully it will get resolved soon. 

9 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

So then clear up your block list and then keep on blocking!

I tried that, but there's no sort by time added, so you're guessing at which ones are the oldest added.  I did this routine 3 times and spent too much time deleting names I thought were old; but there they were, still at it.  You block 4 and within 5 mins there 6 more to add.  Delete 6 spots hoping they are old ones and gone but end up with half of them still spamming.  It's like cat and mouse.  Maybe if they added date/time blocked that'd help?  I don't mind managing my block list if I have some way of doing it intuitively.  I really don't want to stop, jot down their names and times myself.

I've cleaned out my block list many times now and can tell you I never once came across this issue lol. And I'm not sure what server you're on that the gold sellers are that rampamt, but I'm on Mushin (the most populated NA server) and I literally have to only block 1-2 bots every 10-20 minutes, which is nothing, takes 2 seconds to do.

1 hour ago, Saccharin said:

27363978bf9b4113cde07b9a8d688a3b.png

Unless you mean something else?  

11 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

Out of 50, you mean to tell me that you always pick the 3-4 bots that are still currently active? I seriously doubt there are more than 20 bots active at a single time. Seems weird to me, but ok...

Like I already said .... block list full-go to delete 6 names because that's how many were currently spamming .... guess at oldest names and at 2-3 were still active.  I don't understand why this is so hard to accept.  I had 35 names in the list in 30mins, and within the next 30mins 15 had to be added.  I'd kindly ask you to realize that your experience is not everyone's.

Thank you and please drive thru...

13 minutes ago, Shautru said:

Like I already said .... block list full-go to delete 6 names because that's how many were currently spamming .... guess at oldest names and at 2-3 were still active.  I don't understand why this is so hard to accept.  I had 35 names in the list in 30mins, and within the next 30mins 15 had to be added.  I'd kindly ask you to realize that your experience is not everyone's.

Thank you and please drive thru...

It's hard to accept because the logic is just not there, sorry. You're either complaining just to complain, or you're blowing up the issue to make it seem bigger than it really is. Again, there are never more than like 10 bots at a single time spamming a server. I just logged in and counted myself. There were 7 bots total (again, on the most populated server) that I had to block in region and faction chat. That means that 7 bots I blocked yesterday, or let's say more than 8 hours ago, are no longer in game, so I can clear them out of my list and add the 7 new ones. I seriously doubt that the other 43 people in your block list are still online spamming after a certain amount of time. Also, when I clear my list, I don't just clear 2-3 at a time. If it's the next day, I clean out at least half of my block list. That's 25 new spots open to block others for that day, which is more than enough, and not one of the ones removed are still spamming in chat.

Just learn how to manage your block list better.

1 minute ago, Munchiez said:

It's hard to accept because the logic is just not there, sorry. You're either complaining just to complain, or you're blowing up the issue to make it seem bigger than it really is. Again, there are never more than like 10 bots at a single time spamming a server. I just logged in and counted myself. There were 7 bots total (again, on the most populated server) that I had to block in region and faction chat. That means that 7 bots I blocked yesterday, or let's say more than 8 hours ago, are no longer in game, so I can clear them out of my list and add the 7 new ones. I seriously doubt that the other 43 people in your block list are still online spamming after a certain amount of time.

Your judgement of the logic is assuming facts not stated.  This was a brand new char, started today.  There were no blocks to remove from previous days.  This all took place within 1hr of play on a new server and a new char.  Your method I have used and it's worked fine...until today.

1 minute ago, Shautru said:

Your judgement of the logic is assuming facts not stated.  This was a brand new char, started today.  There were no blocks to remove from previous days.  This all took place within 1hr of play on a new server and a new char.  Your method I have used and it's worked fine...until today.

So you just created a new character and already your block list is completely full within an hour? What server are you playing on?? lol

4 minutes ago, Shautru said:

I filled mine within 10 minutes with a new character today. I am on Soha.

12 minutes ago, LordMarshal said:

I filled mine within 10 minutes with a new character today. I am on Soha.

Lol, you people have to be over-exaggerating.  I literally just created a character on Soha and I am counting a total of 5 bots spamming right now. I guarantee you if I stay on this server for more than an hour, I won't even have half of my block list filled, let alone have it filled with 50 bots in a matter of 10 minutes lol....

Either way, even after not being able to mimic what was being said, I'm not the one with the issues here lol so see ya!

Archived