Summoner: The Truth

Asumoku

One thing that some people need to realize, is that playing a Summoner, is almost like playing two tools at the same time. Our pets aren'the like Wow pets that we can just set everything on auto, basically ignore it, and focus on ourselves.  No, our cat plays independently from us, we have to juggle two different combos at the same time, and sometimes, we can't even see what the hell is going on with our cats. This is where the "difficult to master" comes from. Anyone can send the cat on auto, maybe push a button or two, then start their own combo. A good summoner, is going to throw their cat at you, have it do one of their grapples or aerial combos, whilst, at the same time, setting up their focus regen/sunflower combos. I notice a lot of summoners, can't get that right, they either do one or the other, first. So, of naturally, the pay of for mastering this is going to be great, if you can master it. Just like a good KFM is nearly impossible to hit, if they've mastered the timing on their counters.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Made a smn got to 1580 by level 18. Leveled to 32; got my rank to 1780 then lost to a good KFM and LBM and went to bed; probably not to log on it again.

lv 18: w 12/l 8

lv 32: w 15/l 2

Bare in mind i did no research on how i should be playing. Just controlled CC and burst like a cnut when i could.

Back to the KFM, an actually skillful class.

The class is dull and easy. Anyone saying otherwise is deluded.

On 25.1.2016 at 7:20 PM, Asumoku said:

I suppose no matter how you explain or how much you clarify, people will always only hear what they want to hear lol  I fail to see how any of the points listed mean that I said it was OP, but, oh well, you gotta rationalize it some how, I guess :P

Anyways, I'm surprised at the amount of feedback that this post generated and I want to thank you all for giving me your thoughts :) I got some of the usual posts I was expecting from a raging community, but a lot of you took the time to actually understand what I was trying convey.  Looks like I'll even get a few sparring matches out of this, too :D

I'm gonna like it here.

Wow you fail to see how these points make summoners OP? Op = the class is to strong compared to the rest.

Saying the class itself is the challange is exactly that? Why else would the class itself be the challange if it isnt to strong?

Saying all Summoners learned their class and the rest doesnt, simply means it doesnt take a lot of effort to learn it and be successfull with it.

If the majority of people cant figure out to beat it, it also means its not balanced- because the majority obviously can figure out every other class but this. Its ok your class will be nerfed @ lvl50 which is enough proof to everyone with a bit of brain.

The maximal potential of the summoner might be lower than the potenial of other classes, but that doesnt matter much because the majority of people are not godly skilled like the guys you see in tournament. The majority of people is obviously average at pvp. Therefore if there is a class which full potiental is unlocked with average and below skill and it beats all other classes because of that its simply to strong.

16 hours ago, Asumoku said:

One thing that some people need to realize, is that playing a Summoner, is almost like playing two tools at the same time. Our pets aren'the like Wow pets that we can just set everything on auto, basically ignore it, and focus on ourselves.  No, our cat plays independently from us, we have to juggle two different combos at the same time, and sometimes, we can't even see what the hell is going on with our cats. This is where the "difficult to master" comes from. Anyone can send the cat on auto, maybe push a button or two, then start their own combo. A good summoner, is going to throw their cat at you, have it do one of their grapples or aerial combos, whilst, at the same time, setting up their focus regen/sunflower combos. I notice a lot of summoners, can't get that right, they either do one or the other, first. So, of naturally, the pay of for mastering this is going to be great, if you can master it. Just like a good KFM is nearly impossible to hit, if they've mastered the timing on their counters.

Hi, I'm a blade master.  During PVP I use *16* Different skills in PVP.  How many do you use with your cat combined?

Learn to play against Summoner. I'm a summoner, I know what my strength and weaknesses are. Stop running the same build that lose to summoners if you want to win. Learn to adapt. I spar with my friends and they learned how to beat me and vice versa. Theres counters to everything

1 minute ago, Jchung said:

Learn to play against Summoner. I'm a summoner, I know what my strength and weaknesses are. Stop running the same build that lose to summoners if you want to win. Learn to adapt. I spar with my friends and they learned how to beat me and vice versa. Theres counters to everything

I actualy beat most summoners if fought, but thats dosent mean they are not op. The class that gives me most trouble its destroyer, and i know its a l2p + high ping issue.

1 minute ago, Ansel said:

I actualy beat most summoners if fought, but thats dosent mean they are not op. The class that gives me most trouble its destroyer, and i know its a l2p + high ping issue.

What class you play? They're OP in the way that they are easy to learn compare to the other classes but it doesn't mean broken OP. 

I find them annoying but once you learn to deal with the Cat they're not that bad.

Ill admit I was frustrated at first until I found a strategy that works for me to take them out. They're hardly OP, just requires less work to be Adequate than other classes and once people learn more about their classes this complaint will most likely go away.

Face rolling to adequate leads to complacency and once other players learn their classes I'm sure we'll hear an opposing outcry.

With destroyer put a couple points into grab and the cat is now a shield.  :)  A well played summoner doesn't need the cat to win.  During cbt, the cat made for a good tank, but it's not enough for pvp.  Kill cat first then kill summoner.  Summoner isn't hard to beat, it's just the double target is annoying.  You accidentally target cat or summoner is the only advantage (2 targets v 1 target) summoner has.

I think issue with summoners is how rewarding they are compared to other classes. Yeah, sure you can beat them if you play really well BUT summoner doesn't need to play well to be successful and it is a problem. CC/kill the cat? Yeah i have done it, by the time you managed to do it tho, he just goes stealth, runs to some corner of the map and rezzes pet again, even through stuns somehow (last one really left me baffled).

12 minutes ago, Shadowstep said:

I think issue with summoners is how rewarding they are compared to other classes. Yeah, sure you can beat them if you play really well BUT summoner doesn't need to play well to be successful and it is a problem. CC/kill the cat? Yeah i have done it, by the time you managed to do it tho, he just goes stealth, runs to some corner of the map and rezzes pet again, even through stuns somehow (last one really left me baffled).

Maybe there's a trait for resisting for the Invis?

Archived