so crafting is all about timers....

Faithhealer

its unnecessary time sink. i want to play not wait. not even gathering is fun,its more a question of getting lucky to find anything. key materials are to be sold in the in game shop, thats the reason for this. just another new game disappointment.

TBH crafting doesn't seem like a main focus in this game. So it feels like you're not actually meant to spend time being busy with it.

I'm no fan of timer games, but crafting doesn't bother me and I do things I like doing meanwhile. Like dungeon grinding and PVP.

Really don't see how you can dislike this unless you thought you could focus 100% on crafting. Would you really rather have to sit down, and grind out a couple hours of professions to make things instead of just ordering stuff and being able to do anything else while you wait? I know I'd choose the latter.

It's a system I've seen in other games. less time staring at a cast bar, more time waiting for crafts to finish as a result. It also allows them to artificially control production of certain items (to a degree). SWtOR was similar to this, though they did have gathering out in the open.

Some materials do need to be gathered though. speaking of the high quality items, such as quartz and the unique items (poison, claws, etc). but there definitely isn't the volume feel of other games where you spend an hour grinding nodes out in the open.

Of course....instead you spend hours camping one or two nodes...hopping instances vainly in an attempt to be the first person to grab the only 6 count node on the map...not sure that's really any more fun then farming 100 nodes for a similar result. But hey , it's there, so I do it. I simply see it as another aspect of the leveling process. And, much like other crafting systems in other games, having some coin to shorten the wait via the market makes things allot better. especially when it comes to those stupid mining nodes. the spawn camping thing really wore out it's welcome back in the Evercrack days, not sure why they thought it would suddenly be cool now.

On 1/22/2016 at 5:17 AM, Enhance said:

TBH crafting doesn't seem like a main focus in this game. So it feels like you're not actually meant to spend time being busy with it.

I'm no fan of timer games, but crafting doesn't bother me and I do things I like doing meanwhile. Like dungeon grinding and PVP.

Crafting is pretty important in this game. The only way to get one of the Transformation stones used for upgrading your weapon past 36 is only crafted, and sold on the AH. Same with the last Windwalker quest, you need a crafted jar. 

4 hours ago, foxc said:

Crafting is pretty important in this game. The only way to get one of the Transformation stones used for upgrading your weapon past 36 is only crafted, and sold on the AH. Same with the last Windwalker quest, you need a crafted jar. 

I never said it's not important, I just said it's not a focus of this game. You do the crafting, but you don't spend hours on hours grinding it.

On 2016/1/22 at 10:14 PM, Faithhealer said:

its unnecessary time sink. i want to play not wait. not even gathering is fun,its more a question of getting lucky to find anything. key materials are to be sold in the in game shop, thats the reason for this. just another new game disappointment.

You think if someone wouldn't craft you would get the stuff you have now?

Archived