Request to change authenticator

DeaHamlet

Hi ncsoft. 

I grasp the reason for 2step. However, just like with Wildstar I don't understand the paranoia of using the click input method. Honestly if I have a key logger, your game is the least of my worries. The ncsoft website actually contains more pertinent information than your game and it doesn't even have 2step. 

So here's the deal. You're annoying me with this 2step and I have two options. 

1. Give up 2step. Means Wildstar is less secure, bns is less secure, and I lose my Wildstar Perks for using 2step.

2. Ask you to do what Wildstar did and save authentication for a week. Or remove the stupid visual input so I can type the 2step. 

So here I am. I've come to ask you to do something. My friends have said "*cricket* no" to 2step in your game because it's annoying, I'd rather not do so as well. Give us the feature to save authenticator for a week like other games have or make it so we can type the numbers. 

It's not huge, totally only a 1st world problem... But it's annoying. 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

:D

Hopping between both games at the moment.

For some reason I'm really enjoying Blade & Soul.

Something must be wrong with me

Doubt it. It's a lot of fun from combat to the jokes here and there to the look of the game. It gets even more addictive once you can spend points on a build, at least it got for me. ;-) enjoy it, don't overthink it. 

(spoken like a bad friend trying to get you hooked to their drug haha) 

• NCSOFT
21 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

Hi ncsoft. 

I grasp the reason for 2step. However, just like with Wildstar I don't understand the paranoia of using the click input method. Honestly if I have a key logger, your game is the least of my worries. The ncsoft website actually contains more pertinent information than your game and it doesn't even have 2step. 

So here's the deal. You're annoying me with this 2step and I have two options. 

1. Give up 2step. Means Wildstar is less secure, bns is less secure, and I lose my Wildstar Perks for using 2step.

2. Ask you to do what Wildstar did and save authentication for a week. Or remove the stupid visual input so I can type the 2step. 

So here I am. I've come to ask you to do something. My friends have said "*cricket* no" to 2step in your game because it's annoying, I'd rather not do so as well. Give us the feature to save authenticator for a week like other games have or make it so we can type the numbers. 

It's not huge, totally only a 1st world problem... But it's annoying. 

Thank you. 

Hi,

Didn't you just tell me that we should definitely keep the character delete timer to prevent problems?

I think this is the same thing.

4 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

Didn't you just tell me that we should definitely keep the character delete timer to prevent problems?

I think this is the same thing.

Actually it's not.

Character delete is a matter of zero protection versus protection. 

2step being saved for a week or typed in - paranoia level protection versus standard protection. 

Wildstar was the first game I ever saw this click to enter 2step. Every other game or service online I have ever used with 2step let's you type it and I think a couple let you save for ip or time frame. 

I had a discussion with my boss the other day about our policy of password renewal. He said that it used to be a smaller interval but what was noticed is that people tended to start doing silly things like write the password down on a sticky and such. All because remembering yet again a new password every 3 months turned out not to work out for them and password was often forgotten. This defeated the whole point of having password policy. So a more reasonable time frame got put into place. 

The point is that you have to find a compromise or you will have far too many people using the pin which is far less secure than 2step. I can't convince a single one of the friends that play this game to use 2step because of it and I got tired of it pretty quick myself. 

I will do what I do and you do what you do. All I could do was bring it up and give you the facts as I have experienced them. 

2step is an hassle for cheaters and bot coders, because they have to waste their precious time logging their f****ng bots one by one, instead of one-click launch of hordes of bots.

No, you have 2 steps and you keep 2 steps. Deal with it.

33 minutes ago, and_rea said:

2step is an hassle for cheaters and bot coders, because they have to waste their precious time logging their f****ng bots one by one, instead of one-click launch of hordes of bots.

No, you have 2 steps and you keep 2 steps. Deal with it.

Sad thing is, bot programmers will get around this fairly quickly via optical character recognition (OCR) and a mouse emulator. Brute-force pin cracker the same. At the end of the day, the only thing it functionally accomplishes is adding entropy to your password.

Archived