Slaying Both Sides

StrawHat

So, I'm a newbie. I haven't picked any sides yet. I am unaware of the differences between the  guilds (not player made) and factions. What I do know is that I want to kill players with bad behaviour on both sides of the table in open world. Is there any way to do this? There must be a possibility. because I am after something specific. Anyways, I recently did a quest which gave me bamboo guards' clothing that mentioned being vulnerable to opposite faction players. However I was unable to participate in pvp, I might be doing something wrong. Anyone have a clue?

Bamboo clothing is the opposite faction of the Blackram group, both of these groups are NPC groups so for example I have the blackram outfit and if i put that on and go to a town full of bamboo people all those npcs will be red colored and I can fight them (which is fun). So in this case the opposite factions mentioned are npc factions. If you want to fight actual players there are only two player factions and they are the blue team and red teams. 

***edit*** I don't think there is any way to be some neutral faction that will allow you to fight both player factions at will.

Thanks for clearing that up YokoKurama, the description mentions "players" and so I rightly assumed other players supporting the Blackram guild/faction. As you mentioned, it is only NPCs, it fits in line with what I experienced in game. I still insist, there must be a way to kill players on both factions. I hope moderators can shine some light on the topic.

Hello,

Basically every faction costume has an "Enemy faction" equivalent. 

For example the Bamboo costume always fights the blackram costume. 

If players wear blackram, any players wearing bamboo are automatically enemies. Just like cerulean vs crimson. 

In your instance, if you are wearing the bamboo clothing, only NPCS and PLAYERS wearing blackram will become your factions enemy. 

7 hours ago, Ellz said:

Hello,

Basically every faction costume has an "Enemy faction" equivalent. 

For example the Bamboo costume always fights the blackram costume. 

If players wear blackram, any players wearing bamboo are automatically enemies. Just like cerulean vs crimson. 

In your instance, if you are wearing the bamboo clothing, only NPCS and PLAYERS wearing blackram will become your factions enemy. 

I was just about to add this information. I found out when it comes to different artificial guilds (AGs) like bamboo and blackram; not only the opposite faction NPCs become enemies, but players wearing enemy faction suit do too. Now, the question is: what impact does killing or dying by PLAYERS of opposite AGs  have? Meaning, does it count towards having a kill, does the player gain or lose points they normally would in faction pvp (points that are not related to status).

1 minute ago, StrawHat said:

I was just about to add this information. I found out when it comes to different artificial guilds (AGs) like bamboo and blackram; not only the opposite faction NPCs become enemies, but players wearing enemy faction suit do too. Now, the question is: what impact does killing or dying by PLAYERS of opposite AGs  have? Meaning, does it count towards having a kill, does the player gain or lose points they normally would in faction pvp (points that are not related to status).

No meaning in dying; there is an achievement for slaying X players in Blackram/Bamboo/other factions.

Main point of it is that you need to have it equipped to farm bosses of that faction; having the uniform equipped also exposes you to enemy players of the faction, which may or may not interrupt your boss farm.  Which is exactly the point.

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

No meaning in dying; there is an achievement for slaying X players in Blackram/Bamboo/other factions.

Main point of it is that you need to have it equipped to farm bosses of that faction; having the uniform equipped also exposes you to enemy players of the faction, which may or may not interrupt your boss farm.  Which is exactly the point.

Let say there are two players (A and B); each in opposite faction (Crimson & Cerulean) wearing outfit of opposite AGs.

A killes B.

Does the achievement of hunting down the opposite faction (again - Crimson & Cerulean) change too?

You see where I'm going with this?

Just now, StrawHat said:

Let say there are two players (A and B); each in opposite faction (Crimson & Cerulean) wearing outfit of opposite AGs.

A killes B.

Does the achievement of hunting down the opposite faction (again - Crimson & Cerulean) change too?

You see where I'm going with this?

A kills B, A gets +1 to his achievement counter. B gets a shameful respawn. Pretty much all there is to it.

When you wear bamboo uniform, you're vulnerable to players in blackram uniform. Players in any other uniform (cerulean, crimson, talus empire, bamboo) have no way to attack or kill you. You are able to attack only the Blackram-uniform wearers - not cerulean/crimson/talus.

If you're in Crimson Legion, you cannot equip Cerulean Uniform, and vice versa.

Do those points clear anything up?

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

A kills B, A gets +1 to his achievement counter. B gets a shameful respawn. Pretty much all there is to it.

When you wear bamboo uniform, you're vulnerable to players in blackram uniform. Players in any other uniform (cerulean, crimson, talus empire, bamboo) have no way to attack or kill you. You are able to attack only the Blackram-uniform wearers - not cerulean/crimson/talus.

If you're in Crimson Legion, you cannot equip Cerulean Uniform, and vice versa.

Do those points clear anything up?

Thanks for clarifying this, I do understand these points you made and clear up assumptions. A and B can only be enemies of each other and no other factions, like you mentioned, but they also belong to opposite factions, like I mentioned. Faction kills don't get updated when one kills the other in AG? 

Oh, and out of curiosity I wanted to know which achievement are u referring to in counting AG kills.

veZUGvb.png

I didn't do any Blackram/Bamboo PVPing. 

As you can see here, those are a bit different achievements; "Opposing Faction" means killing the opponent from an opposite (Cerulean/Crimson) faction, no matter what they're wearing. 81 includes Arena PVP kills, not involving any faction uniforms.

So if you, a Cerulean member, wear Blackram uniform and kill Bamboo-uniform Crimson player, you'll get +1 to both Opposing Faction and Bamboo achievements.

15 is the number of players wearing Crimson Legion faction uniform killed in open world PVP.

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I didn't do any Blackram/Bamboo PVPing. 

As you can see here, those are a bit different achievements; "Opposing Faction" means killing the opponent from an opposite (Cerulean/Crimson) faction, no matter what they're wearing. 81 includes Arena PVP kills, not involving any faction uniforms.

Ok, I wasn't aware of this. If I understood this right; if two players belong to the same faction but kill each other in opposite AGs, your achievement would not increase, right? It leads me to assume that one of the best way to raise this is using Arena.

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

15 is the number of players wearing Crimson Legion faction uniform killed in op

This is what I wanted to know. This means open world pvp, while wearing opposite faction uniforms counts. You haven't done Blackram/Bamboo pvping, I wanted to know if the same achievement "Double Agent" would increase during Blackram/Bamboo pvping. If this was the case, then I would be able to raise this achievement without siding with a faction. How else can one kill both factions at the same time and have it count towards this achievement?

1 minute ago, StrawHat said:

Ok, I wasn't aware of this. If I understood this right; if two players belong to the same faction but kill each other in opposite AGs, your achievement would not increase, right? It leads me to assume that one of the best way to raise this is using Arena.

This is what I wanted to know. This means open world pvp, while wearing opposite faction uniforms counts. You haven't done Blackram/Bamboo pvping, I wanted to know if the same achievement "Double Agent" would increase during Blackram/Bamboo pvping. If this was the case, then I would be able to raise this achievement without siding with a faction. How else can one kill both factions at the same time and have it count towards this achievement?

You can see that Double Agent actually requires you to kill Cerulean and Crimson members, and only counts within open world PVP wearing the PVP outfit. You can't complete it without switching faction.

Also keep in mind there are only two "recognized" factions. They have their own faction chat. The others are "sub factions" for certain quests and achievements. but they are not the "main" ones. You have to pick from the big two, the others are optional.

On 1/20/2016 at 5:30 PM, StrawHat said:

So, I'm a newbie. I haven't picked any sides yet. I am unaware of the differences between the  guilds (not player made) and factions. What I do know is that I want to kill players with bad behaviour on both sides of the table in open world. Is there any way to do this? There must be a possibility. because I am after something specific. Anyways, I recently did a quest which gave me bamboo guards' clothing that mentioned being vulnerable to opposite faction players. However I was unable to participate in pvp, I might be doing something wrong. Anyone have a clue?

kill players with bad behavior?what u mean by that?players molesting other players? r u sum kind of superhero or vigilante?:O

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Defiled2125 said:

kill players with bad behavior?what u mean by that?players molesting other players? r u sum kind of superhero or vigilante?:O

What I mean by that is bullies, or arrogant players who like to boast here and there and situations where you feel the urge to step in to stop a group of players from obstructing the gameplay of a player on the opposite faction. Things like these can be avoided simply by removing the faction uniform, but there are some quests that require killing opposite faction npc to collect coins/pieces for special costumes and or soul shields.

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Gettre said:

There is an option  that costs 10 silver to change factions so :) That's your only option to kill both sides ;) 

True, but I heard it's a lengthy process, where you also lose rank and guild.

Archived