The game randomly crashes my pc

peet

So i start the game everything seems good im playing im having fun, then, my screen just goes all black/white/green/yellow etc. just a screen with a random color.

I've tried repairing files doesn't work.

I don't understand what is happening since i play like 5 min then crash, sometimes more but always ends up crashing my pc.

My keyboard dies while the screen is all black and the only way i have to solve this is by turning it off on the power button.

This literally only happens with this game and i just dont understand why.

Please if you know what is causing this or you know anything that can help me please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

-Pete

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How strange because the same thing happens to me except I get a buzzing sound and my entire screen freezes up with mainly black or some random color.

I also get about 5mins or less before this happens. Only way to end it is by pulling the plug.

I am getting this as well, it just started today. My screen freezes, last sound played stays on. Only way to fix is to unplug pc. I tried lowering the graphics and still. Happened 3 times today, never happened before. Twice in two different dungeons and 3rd time was in open area 

I don't own any razor stuff so that is not the problem in this situation.

I'm glad and sorry to hear that im not the only one with this problem hopefully this post can get some attention and they can look deep into the problem.

I'll try to play once a day always repairing the files before trying to see if everything is working just fine.

I went and disabled my Asus third party stuff as well and this isn't getting fixed. I've done everything I can to try and fix this issue but nothing works. It makes waiting through the 2-3 hour long cue time completely impossible, let alone playing the game.

I feel like this post deserves a little more attention than it's getting. This is a really bad way to start out the experience for this game since there's no error code to work with on how to fix it. I hope someone comes up with a solution sometime soon.

I had same problem with another game, i remember i borrowed a graphic card from a friend and launched one game then my pc crashed with random colors on screen, turns out the problem was my graphic card was overheating, try to repair it somehow like replacing thermal paste or taking it to repairs maybe it will help, or try updating drivers
Edit: seems like this game is making systems heat a lot more because i play fallout 4 on almost highest and my pc barely makes a sound but this game turns it into a jet plane

So the game got patched today and i had high hopes for this since it could possibily solve the problem but it didnt. After this patch i still have the same problem and i dont think the dev team is even aware of this situation. if anyone knows a way to give this post a bit more attention it would be great since it is really annoying having to restart my pc everytime it happens.

Sadly I have the same experience. Unable to play a game I was looking forward to for years. Strange that I can play other games such as FF14, ESO, GW2, and even more modern games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 on my PC fine but I can't play this game...

Mine tends to just either Freeze mid game, or minutes after I close the client, or worse, The PC just shuts itself down as if the power cord was just pulled. Normally it occurs during Loading screens when I windstride or take the Void portal out of a cave.

Never had this issue in alpha or beta, the game ran amazing.

Now i'm worried all this constant auto shut off is causing damage to my PC. So far support ticket have not offered anything I haven't already tried unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hey all, sorry to hear you're having this bug. Please be sure to put in Support Tickets so that our Customer Service team can help you troubleshoot the culprit.

Unfortunately all the suggested help from customer service has not worked. I bought the Premium membership aswell to support this game I was looking forward to for years and I can't even play. :(

3 minutes ago, Aziraya said:

Here's an idea guys... you post your PC specs, driver versions, and anything you also have running in the background so the bug team can actually try to find the common denominator that might be causing the problem?

Already contacted customer support. Did all the suggestions. Keeps crashing randomly. Got to level 6 without crashing and freezing my computer. Was fun while it lasted. Guess I'll just wait for Black Desert and play that.

27 minutes ago, Aziraya said:

Hey guys, try to post your PC specs, driver versions, and anything you also have running in the background so the bug team can try to find the common denominator that might be causing the problem.

I've already done this twice.

Same issue here.  After working with customer support on a ticket for a few days with no success, I actually restored my PC to factory settings, ONLY installed BnS, and it worked perfectly....  For about 6 hours.  After my PC did some automatic updates, I just started crashing again.  Most of the things I've seen of people resolving this issue has something to do with GameGuard, and programs conflicting with it...  If only there was a list of known things it has issues with : /

Just now, MandrewManhammer said:

After working with customer support on a ticket for a few days with no success, I actually restored my PC to factory settings, ONLY installed BnS, and it worked perfectly....  For about 6 hours.  After my PC did some automatic updates, I just started crashing again.

See? This is the stuff that the bug team can really get their teeth into if they were able to get your dxdiag or similar info before and after the factory reset and updates.

Archived