Missing Premium daily Dash spins??

AttacKat

Yeah, i thought it was supposed to be 5 spins as well.  Maybe this was the solution they came up with for the concerns that people needed to spend 5 hours in game to get the full benefit.  Would have been nicer if they just reduced the cooldown between spins.

4 hours ago, Shinonome said:

You now get 2 spins as non premium user and 3 as a Premium. So it's working as intended (™).

This makes my criticism of the Daily Dash monthly reset even more relevant. With so few spins, it's going to be next to impossible to ever reach the end of the Daily Dash for the costume contest outfit. No other MMO that I've played which offers daily log-in rewards does a monthly reset thing. It's really, really odd. NCSoft has set up the UI so that you interpret it as, "Oh sweet, I have a goal and look at what I can look forward to!" But then they yank the rug right out from under you. The Daily Dash should not reset until you have gone all the way through.

Kinda hard to do as they would have to record each player position and old items for every one instead of just one set.

When who completed it get's new one's at the end of said cycle.

While I do agree that's pretty hard to see the end if you get low number's each time.

It's already tracking my progress and the individual progress of everyone else. All they'd need to do is remove the automatic reset. xD

Some examples: In GW2, the daily log-in rewards have 4 (or was it 5?) rows. Each row has an obvious "hey this is a big reward!" type goal. Even if you miss logging in on a day, the next time you log in, you keep picking up where you left off. When you reach the end, it starts over. In WildStar, they have a similar thing, though theirs goes out for several hundred days, with "epic" (significant) rewards every couple weeks. It gives you something to look forward to and know that if you stick around, you'll get there.

The current daily dash works in the exact opposite. At first I got really excited, seeing that costume at the end of the trail. I thought, "Awesome! I am gonna log in every day and I can't wait to reach the end for this cool outfit!" Then a couple days later my husband pointed out the reset timer and it was just... woosh, all excitement went out the window. I really don't think that's the kind of feeling game designers would want their players to have.

The spin dash reset is a bad idea (though it's obvious they did it so they don't have to change the final reward every month; how cheap of them!), and the reason is the arbitrary nature of it. Think about it: people have to 'travel' 100 slots in 30 days. We get 2 spins per day , so we could just reduce it for the sake of clarity to 50 slots in 30 days with 1 spin per day. In the hypothetical case that all you get are 2s every single day, then you can reach that goal in 25 days, meaning you get 5 days were you can afford to get a 1 and still have a chance. But if most of what you get are 1s? That only moves you 30 slots. 

Now, a lot of you will say "Oh, but the chances are so low for someone to get so unlucky!" or "It's not going to be a lot of people".  You'd be right. Most people will be in the middle of the curve, the average, where you get to the end reward just finel. But then you'll have a bunch of people at the bottom not getting anywhere because the RNG has decided to screw over them for no more reason than 'it's random'. The statistical outliers will be few in number but they will be pissed off (specially if the end rewards change with each month, meaning their bad luck locked them out of it for WHO KNOWS how long). And consider this: what if this statistical outlier was you?

It's not a fair system. The fact that the ammount of people affected will be very low does not excuse that. 

How do you fix that? Easy: no reset. Suddenly, no matter how much the RNG tries, you will ALWAYS reach the end. You'll just reach it later than other people. Which is better than never reaching it.

Archived