GTX 9xx performance

pr1nce

I play the game on a 2k res maxed out and I get 60 frames capped in many areas without players. Soon as players join it drops to 20 frames. Game does have terrible optimization.

Im running a 970 with a OC 8320 (4.4Ghz). It wont make a difference on which one as the game is 5 years old and the requirements are quite low as a result. If you do choose to do so, go with the 970 as the new architecture will benefit you in many other newer games. Just beware as it only has 3.5 gigs of VRAM and in some cases with Games like GTA V and Assassins Creed you get dicked because of that Vram limitation.

I would also look at AMD as the R9 390 offers more Vram and about the same performance. Personally I have always gone with Nvidia for graphic cards but if I had known, I would have waited for the R9 series and gotten that instead. 

Recently upgraded my GPU from 780 TI to 980 TI. Running 1920 x 1280, on max setting. Minor/No difference in less crowded areas, including areas such as moonwater plains, about 0-3 fps difference. The difference is a lot bigger in crowded areas, about 10-15 fps difference. With 780ti a large pull in the 4 blues (skittering tunnel, ogong temple) used to drop to around 25-35 fps, with 980 TI the fps drops to about 38-55. Well its true the game is horribly optimized, using not even about 50% of either card's performance, 780 TI performs much more worse in world boss fights, blackwyrm and 2 ogres were only at 2x fps. Lacks the ppl to test out this 2 areas atm, but in 24 man Poharan with a lot of people haven encountered nearly that much of a fps drop with 980 TI. 

This game still has problems with Maxwell cards.  Loads of people have reported FPS problems with 960s, 970s, 980s, 980 Ti's, and Titan X's.  BnS is currently only utilizing like 20-30% of the these graphics cards, causing FPS to dip and hover around 40-50.  I myself have a 970M and a 980 Ti,  and both perform awfully.  People have reported better performance using old cards like a 750 Ti.  

5 hours ago, Corpius said:

This game still has problems with Maxwell cards.  Loads of people have reported FPS problems with 960s, 970s, 980s, 980 Ti's, and Titan X's.  BnS is currently only utilizing like 20-30% of the these graphics cards, causing FPS to dip and hover around 40-50.  I myself have a 970M and a 980 Ti,  and both perform awfully.  People have reported better performance using old cards like a 750 Ti.  

For the people having issues I think it is more related to their cpus or specific system setups. I have a GTX970 with an i5 4690K and the FPS stays at 60 and in the worst cases drops into the mid 50s. I play at 1440P. I think some people without SSDs are having issues with the maps loading slow.

GTX 980 ti hybrid with a hybrid cooling system - no FPS drop at all.

i know its not always specific to a certain card etc and with a PC build you have the same chance as winning the US lotto as you do having a 100% identical build and component capability as someone else but three different builds but friends running different setups haven't experienced any lag or fps drop.

Is there anything server specific that could be causing this or at least amplifying it... certain servers have worse FPS drop or high amounts of users with FPS drop than others?

Except these people are having problems with i7s and i5s, and I last I checked i7s/i5s have phenomenal single-core performance.   Jesus, you guys act like we're playing on Celerons that we paired with a 900 series.  And it's not even specific to a generation of processors: Sandy-Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, and Skylake all are experiencing the same problems.  My laptop has a i7-4720HQ @ 3.6GHz and my desktop has a i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz: and both have issues.

And we know it's the game's fault when we change every setting from max to min and the FPS doesn't change.  It doesn't matter if the resolution is 800x600 and on ultra low where a laptop from 2005 w/ integrated Intel graphics could play the game or at 8K and on ultra: the FPS stays the same.  That indicates above all else that the PROBLEM is a software issue.  All lot of people are having these problems (prepare for a mass influx of threads complaining about it when the game goes public), and just cause you guys don't have problems doesn't instantly make it our hardware's faults (biggest cop out ever: "It doesn't happen to me, therefore it can't possibly happen to anyone else!  It must be their fault!").  Anecdotal evidence only goes so far in proving a point.  

I get better framerates in the Witcher 3 than this game, and that says a lot.  A major game such as this should have been optimized for ALL hardware before being released, not specific hardware.

2 hours ago, Corpius said:

Except these people are having problems with i7s and i5s, and I last I checked i7s/i5s have phenomenal single-core performance.   Jesus, you guys act like we're playing on Celerons that we paired with a 900 series.  And it's not even specific to a generation of processors: Sandy-Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, and Skylake all are experiencing the same problems.  My laptop has a i7-4720HQ @ 3.6GHz and my desktop has a i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz: and both have issues.

-snip-

Which is what I was trying to imply when I said "bns is poorly managing threads". Well I'm just sayin', I have an i7-6700k as well and BnS maxes out one or two vcores out of eight. Which may or may not be all it needs, I don't know. Not trying to say their hardware is bad, I'm saying this software is poorly optimized for it.

20 hours ago, Corpius said:

Is there any information on the devs working on a solution or anything ?

4 hours ago, jmsara said:

im running gtx 980 work really great i max my fps to 80- 100, even on dungeun, or lot of mobs.

You realize that with that card if there werent any caps you should be able to have like way over 100 at any point ? Wait i forgot ...you dont.

10 hours ago, Dragoon said:

I am running GTX 970 and have frames capped at 80, occasionally dips to 45.  that being said, I am noticing it is not utilizing SLI at all.

That is because the game doesn't use true full screen mode which is required for SLI to function. There is a way to force proper full screen but on my system SLI still didn't seem to work. I am not too worried about it atm because my fps is still great on a single 970 and it keeps my system temps down but it would be nice to know how to fix it in case I need the extra power in the future.

Archived