1st week scores are back

Santa Flopson

So the issue now is you guys banned these individuals a second time from a bug that you guys did not catch that was on your end. How do you compensate these people for the unfairness of what happen to them. Here we are week 3 of the event those names are back up there, and could been perm banned cause of you guys not catching your own bug. You can't keep a player base always blaming them for actions of a company and this is how you lose people who pay and play your game. I think as a team you guys should reflect and figure out away to connect more with your community cause you guys have for years done a bad job since Jonathan hasn't been apart of BNS. Maybe reach out to them and give them a apology do something for the mix up cause sadly once again this looks bad on your part as a company .

Edited by RyuAzukii
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RyuAzukii said:

So the issue now is you guys banned these individuals a second time from a bug that you guys did not catch that was on your end. How do you compensate these people for the unfairness of what happen to them. Here we are week 3 of the event those names are back up there, and could been perm banned cause of you guys not catching your own bug. You can't keep a player base always blaming them for actions of a company and this is how you lose people who pay and play your game. I think as a team you guys should reflect and figure out away to connect more with your community cause you guys have for years done a bad job since Jonathan hasn't been apart of BNS. Maybe reach out to them and give them a apology do something for the mix up cause sadly once again this looks bad on your part as a company .

Tbh sure they did something bad on their End, but the players who got banned at the first time should have been just straight up perm banned, since they are breaking the ToS and got caught by doing it too

this is not just ncsofts problem, its the playerbase in the game who is in fault here too, im glad they taking actions towards cheats in this game and i hope it will be even more hard punishments towards hackers.

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
8 minutes ago, RyuAzukii said:

You misunderstood the message: the bug only affected the script that was going to remove the times from the leaderboard. The bans were correct and we did not ban players a second time.

3 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

You misunderstood the message: the bug only affected the script that was going to remove the times from the leaderboard. The bans were correct and we did not ban players a second time.

It is true it was 1 time and happened on the 2nd week, but on the 1st week you warn us and delete the scores. And still  they got ban without the opportunity  to do it fair because the abnormal times comeback without this ppl running the race.

I hope u arent just joking about banning those cheaters... I tried hard to get 1:51 ish minute... 

Now u are bringing back all the cheaters into the rank b4 weekly reward... I managed to get into top 100 last night (there are still some obvious cheater there) but now i became rank 250+ coz the allmighty lisa forger which finishes race in 1 minute is back.. Dont tell me he did it legitly please. 

Oh well ill jst see how much coin ill get later. If u do it correctly i should get at least 75 coin... But even if i get jst 25 i know ull jst tell me to suck it up.. Its jst 50 coin diff... Lol

Its jst sad that i even tried coz u deleted those cheater back then as illusion... Shouldve not tried at all... 

Friendly reminder to everyone once more that discussing bans and cheating is not allowed on the Blade & Soul forums. They will continue to moderate messages that violate the Forum Code of Conduct, and ban repeated offenders from the forums. Players who want to discuss their individual cases can contact the Customer Support Team, or update their existing tickets 🙂

8 hours ago, MakeTheGOD said:

Friendly reminder to everyone once more that discussing bans and cheating is not allowed on the Blade & Soul forums. They will continue to moderate messages that violate the Forum Code of Conduct, and ban repeated offenders from the forums. Players who want to discuss their individual cases can contact the Customer Support Team, or update their existing tickets 🙂

That's just it though. The rules say this, actually: 

Cheats
When we all play by the rules, we all win. This is especially true of games that can be competitive, like Blade & Soul. We do not tolerate cheaters in the game, and we do not tolerate posting links to cheats or any other malicious programs on the forums. This includes in game exploits that affect the integrity of the game experience.
We encourage players to report cheating and exploiting to the Customer Support team when they see it, to help us improve the experience for the overwhelmingly vast majority of honest players.

No discussion so far has linked to any cheats or current exploits or discussed how to do either of them, simply that it is occurring. By the writing of the rules themselves, no one has violated that policy. If the Code of Conduct has changed to prohibit any and all discussion that they exist period and it's happening, then those rules must be updated to reflect that.

should be more concerned about people jumping up in EXP for hongmoon levels instead of this race. people abuse scripts to clear dungeons for EXP a lot in the past and farm it. GMs are too concerned about other things that don't harm the game at all tbh. so what if people are getting portraits? its just 99% green quality anyway. yet they dont want to monitor these hm 25 people reaching to 35 within a month or two back when Aerodrome was still in Demonsbane ranking. pretty sure people are still abusing something with the dungeons and climbing hm 40+ easily

Edited by Mhsctb

• NCSOFT
2 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

That's just it though. The rules say this, actually: 

No discussion so far has linked to any cheats or current exploits or discussed how to do either of them, simply that it is occurring. By the writing of the rules themselves, no one has violated that policy. If the Code of Conduct has changed to prohibit any and all discussion that they exist period and it's happening, then those rules must be updated to reflect that.

The thing with moderation is that a message can break multiple rules. Being off-topic, false accusations (which we've seen a lot), and other things that most players can't see, e.g., behavior (past messages that have been infracted can't be seen). Technically you're right that we will not moderate because you say cheat exists, except if you phrase it in a way that breaks a different rule. We're not in the business of "censorship" when there's something we do not "like," and we try to stick to the rules to be fair to everyone.

I'm sorry if I didn't make our moderation actions clear earlier, but the past few weeks were very busy (between communicating internally and externally, moderating forums, preparing for the December update that I just published minutes ago, preparing for the livestream next week, and a host of other things I can't talk about yet). It's a lot of juggling.

There's one last comment I've wanted to share for a while, and then I'll close this thread. I ask everyone to be cautious about what you read coming from other players. I have seen firsthand lies being shared (hopefully you didn't see them because we infracted them), and also misunderstanding. I cannot share details, but here's a telling example: someone claimed they were incorrectly banned for cheating in the Great Windwalk Race, but it turns out they were caught cheating in another part of the game. That is why we cannot discuss the particulars of each case and that communication only happen with the Customer Support Team. The forum is not a place where discussions like these can happen for multiple reasons, and we made that clear before.

Other players assume that we did things a particular way by misinterpreting our previous statements or, even worse, by twisting the meaning in rarer cases. We usually don't assume maliciousness, especially as not every Blade & Soul player is a native English speaker, but it has happened.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.