BNS on GEFORCE NOW when?

xezit

I was wondering why is Guild War 2 on GF Now and blade and soul no.

There is any reason not to share the game in diferent platforms so more players could see it and eventualy try it?

I mean, GW2 is from NC as BnS...

The game title is pretty diferent because of multiple issues, but besides that would be very nice start sharing NC games across other platforms...

And i mean, according to my research to share a game on GF Now is pretty simple...

Edited by xezit

• NCSOFT

Guild Wars 2 and Blade & Soul are developed by different teams. They're being published by the same company on the Western markets but we (at NC West) do not code the game, so there's no expectation that all NC games will share the same technical constraints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

You'll get a generic response indicating they have no plans to release BNS on GFN and act like it was never on it when it was for a good 3-4 months. They've never given an answer for why it was removed.

They didnt give persay an answer but I would imagine it was removed due to those that played it on geforce now complaining about:

- loading times taking up to 5 minutes to even start the game then another 5 minutes to pass loading screens

- ping being much much higher than playing it from a PC, although that varied a lot by location of the server.

- FPS being incredibly horrible (10-30 FPS ) in most situations and capped at 60 fps, raids were completely unplayable.

- marketplace not working over gfn.

- crashes (although it was the 32bit client which is now obsolete)

I am fairly confident that the UE4 version would perform much better than the old one but, I have doubts it would improve performance drastically. You would still suffer the same lags, fps and other issues. Personal opinion: IF the publisher / developer cant guarantee a stable and fluid gaming experience, the game shouldnt be on gfn.

And yes I played it on gfn aswel back then just to try it out, and it was horrible, I went back to my at the time, "medicore" pc because the performance was better and you were able to apply your own tweaks to get even more fps out.

Edited by Grimoir