[Feedback request] Today's Special

Green Storm

I highly recommend that your general philosophy for putting any item on the store first be to not do it if it's already tradable and craftable/transmutable or farmable from current content (so never gold -- not even RNG gold -- and never stuff like Soulstones, Sacred Orbs, Moonstones, Elysian Orbs, Hongmoon Gem Powders, Hongmoon Gem Fragments, Tradable Skystealer crystals, Tradable Skystealer Pouches, Sacred Oils, Pet Pods, Sterling Scales, Premium Transformation Stone, Transformation Stone, Empyrian Spirit Stone, Soul Shield Primers, repair tools, etc.).

Second, don't put the untradable versions of these that derive directly from them (so no soulstone crystals/etc., no untradable skystealer crystals/pouches, no sacred vials/pet packs/sterling scales, etc.).

The reason for these are simple: you have made the tradable versions and untradable versions relate that way for a reason, and have made a gold exchange for a reason (also excluding HMCoin from being able to buy gold for a reason), and you also design the overall economy of the game... once you start going around all of this, you aren't letting "whales" get what they want faster since they can still just buy the gold and buy the items off the market, you're undermining the entire economy of the game and making it pointless to farm (this is the real reason why you see active endgame players dying off and especially don't see players reaching to farm harder content, because the rewards from that content don't convert to HMCoin well anymore).  The only exception to all of this would be to throw something up on the store when its gold price shoots way up, like if Hongmoon Gem Powders had gone from 12 gold to 48 gold then it would make sense to keep throwing them up on the store until you could release content or patches to rebalance their availability, but what we're seeing instead is them dropping from 12 gold to 3 gold and they still get thrown up on the store relentlessly.

As for what new to put up instead of these items: cosmetics; items that are still somehow relevant for progression but that aren't available from current content or from crafting (the rare consumable drops from Moon Refuge; (non-gilded) Hexagonal Garnet since it's impossible to find parties for Midnight Skypetal Plains; (non-gilded) Square Obsidians since those aren't available anymore and we also can no longer trade for the pentagons in Dragon Express mysteriously; maybe some of those trove-only items like BIS compounding accessories, etc.); maybe clan craftables as long as they're more expensive than their cost from clan crafting.

Also, since you put so many XP and reputation charm like items in there, why not make Soulstone Plains Prestige charms and put those in there?

Edited by willietrom

On 4/30/2022 at 11:55 PM, Cupidstar said:

Regarding the gems and gem powders...

TL;DR: ANY GEM STUFF IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IDEA TO BUY! FINISH SOUL BOOST INSTEAD!

Gems vouchers (not the pet ones) are the only thing i buy there and i buy it with hmcoins. I dont want to wait for months or spend my life on poharan to get an octa gem 🙂. Soul boost just gives penta character bound gems.

Dear Greenstorm, I remember when daily special sometimes had outfits such as voyager, fight fire with fire and other 700ncoin/hmc and below outfits on fridays once a week. And it was a nice little surprise cause you never knew which outfit it was gonna be and it really made people look forward to fridays. If this was to make a return I'm sure lots of people would really love it. Please if you would consider this it would be both a great way for ncsoft to make money and for players to get some fun inexpensive cosmetics every week in between the usual cosmetics rotation. Thanks for your time Greenstorm and thanks for collecting our feedback and making changes with it that the playerbase can be happy with.

Ethereal Vials and Sterling Scale Fragments. If you're going to be this stingy with their drop rates in game, and obviously make it so you need cash shop to progress any upgrades regarding those, at least add them more often to daily specials? And maybe cheaper, especially ethereal vials, their price is a bit insane