Steam deck releasing tomorrow, status of controller support?

Metatime

Not 100% sure if this game will work on steam deck and I know controller support have been in the works but that was announced last year. It would be nice if we can get an ETA since I know players would love to play bns on the deck (and even just with a pad) but without controller support it's not possible.

Well its sounds like u still not found your VR headset have integrated camera, just to enable it u Must first connect to USB 2.0 slot todays PCs have 3 of them grey blue and white. U need connect to grey if u have colors. Then probably need set enable camera in steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings\)

https://www.thetechreview.xyz/2021/03/vive-camera-not-working.html 

so use some program to track your keyboard when u IN...

there is some programs who turns on camera only when u looking at your keyboard

7 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

Well its sounds like u still not found your VR headset have integrated camera, just to enable it u Must first connect to USB 2.0 slot todays PCs have 3 of them grey blue and white. U need connect to grey if u have colors. Then probably need set enable camera in steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings\)

https://www.thetechreview.xyz/2021/03/vive-camera-not-working.html 

so use some program to track your keyboard when u IN...

there is some programs who turns on camera only when u looking at your keyboard

Daheck are you talking about? I legit can not think of anything that would make sense here... VR? Vive? Camera? Keyboard? But umm okay...

18 hours ago, Metatime said:

Not 100% sure if this game will work on steam deck and I know controller support have been in the works but that was announced last year. It would be nice if we can get an ETA since I know players would love to play bns on the deck (and even just with a pad) but without controller support it's not possible.

It should work on it if you install Windows, but since this is not a Steam game... I would say 99% it won't work on Steam OS.

On 2/25/2022 at 11:32 PM, Hungibungi said:

It should work on it if you install Windows, but since this is not a Steam game... I would say 99% it won't work on Steam OS.

It won't work on Steam OS, unless...

Steam OS 3.0 is based in Arch Linux, and therefore has to run in a compatibility layer.

It uses Proton which is a modified version of WineHQ with limited support to run rootkits and viruses, like GameGuard and EasyAntiCheat.

You have 1 option: install Windows 10/11 in it, once there are drivers for it.

You do have another option, but fearing risks of being censured, I will not say it here, but it is about GameGuard.

GameGuard will be the what will prevent you from running the game in Linux.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:35 AM, Metatime said:

but without controller support it's not possible

It might be possible, since Steam has some mouse/keyboard emulation, but, until a final release and someone actually tries it, it's just a guess.

However, it will be as scuffed as you can imagine, compared to actually adding support for it.

According to what I find on Google and Youtube, it should be easy as pie, and not take this long time.