Remove Curfew on 6v6/arena

Yurp

Oh? And pray tell, what was that use at one point that no longer applies?

The point of those time constraints are so that the few people that are even bothering with this content anymore would queue at the same time. And I can't say the playerbase has increased in any considerable amount to justify lifting the curfew. 3v3 is dead, you might as well remove it completely. 1v1 is pretty sparse, sometimes you'll wait for minutes just to play against the same people over and over anyway. Only 6v6 seems somewhat alright, but that is a big shot playground.

If anything, the time constraints need to be tightened even further and/or moved somewhen with better chances of attracting players.

• Like 1

3v3 is dead because no player who started playing during and after 2018 has no idea how to play pvp in this game and says whale this or that when in reality they literally just have no idea how to play the class.

1v1 is same explanation as 3v3, people queue up and get instant 100-0'd say a class is unbalanced but in reality they arent even using their iframes or block or know how to tech chase. so gg spar first with friends look up guides on pvp, practice like all the people who play this game for 7 years did and then queue up

6v6 isnt a big shot play ground, its a "At least try" playground, half the time i see new players just queue up and say "they out gear me i afk" which to a degree sure u can say if theirs a huge gear gap then theirs nothing u can do, but those same players who say that walk in with pve gear and thornbreaker wep, instead of farming the pvp gear from master hong or normal mode dungeons, or doing their dailies for unity to get their passive stats up as well. these are all player issues.

Time constraint doesnt need to be there for new players refusing to look up guides or practice or read, remove it so people can continue playing 6v6 or arena for as long as they would like. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, Yurp said:

3v3 is dead because no player who started playing during and after 2018 has no idea how to play pvp in this game and says whale this or that when in reality they literally just have no idea how to play the class.

1v1 is same explanation as 3v3, people queue up and get instant 100-0'd say a class is unbalanced but in reality they arent even using their iframes or block or know how to tech chase. so gg spar first with friends look up guides on pvp, practice like all the people who play this game for 7 years did and then queue up

The problem is that it's not enough to just know your own class in PvP, you also need to know all the other classes, with their different specs and talent combinations.

But it's not like removing the curfew will make people start actually learning to "play the class", so your argument is invalid.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, Yurp said:

6v6 isnt a big shot play ground, its a "At least try" playground, half the time i see new players just queue up and say "they out gear me i afk" which to a degree sure u can say if theirs a huge gear gap then theirs nothing u can do, but those same players who say that walk in with pve gear and thornbreaker wep, instead of farming the pvp gear from master hong or normal mode dungeons, or doing their dailies for unity to get their passive stats up as well. these are all player issues.

Time constraint doesnt need to be there for new players refusing to look up guides or practice or read, remove it so people can continue playing 6v6 or arena for as long as they would like. 

Again, that's beside the point. It doesn't matter how skewed 6v6 is, people queue up because it's worth it for them. Which apparently can't be said about Arena anymore. This could be remedied with better rewards, but then you run the risk of worseing the already broken economy.

In any case, just making it available 24/7 on its own won't solve anything. Rather it makes the whole "PvP is dead" a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivalias said:

The problem is that it's not enough to just know your own class in PvP, you also need to know all the other classes, with their different specs and talent combinations.

I used to follow the PVP esports scene religiously especially the Korean comps. Even had wealth of notes and knowledge on each class, counters and builds to coach my clan members who loved it up until 2017. 

Then they put 1v1 on the back to push 3v3.

Then the expanded specializations came in.

How bad is it though? Previously we just needed to learn 2-4 skills each class to watchout. I thought Tower of Infinity was a great way to learn classes outside of PVP until i learnt the AI has broken cooldowns and buffs applied. Toi hasnt really been updated with the new classes though.

11 hours ago, Nivalias said:

But it's not like removing the curfew will make people start actually learning to "play the class", so your argument is invalid.

Again, that's beside the point. It doesn't matter how skewed 6v6 is, people queue up because it's worth it for them. Which apparently can't be said about Arena anymore. This could be remedied with better rewards, but then you run the risk of worseing the already broken economy.

In any case, just making it available 24/7 on its own won't solve anything. Rather it makes the whole "PvP is dead" a self-fulfilling prophecy.

true, it'll let those who did take the time out to learn other classes to pvp more time to pvp. for those who dont wanna pvp, it doesnt affect them if theirs a curfew or not, so remove it 😃 glad we agree

"pvp is dead" yet when 2 am hits people are wanting to keep playing i think ur idea of how 6v6 is different from those who actually play it but i guess that happens when u sit on forums, gg, remove curfew ignore hooligans