Screen switching issue

hey guys, so its my first time playing S&B and while playing my screen will change off the game and into my home screen or occasionally open my right click menu... how do i fix this?

it happened several times and i'm not sure why or how. 

5 hours ago, Golokin said:

my screen will change off the game and into my home screen

Not really sure what you mean by that. Do you mean your game randomly minimises to desktop.?

Ignore everything below if that's not what you mean ^-^

Would you mind telling me the version of windows you are running?

You can do so by pressing Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK.

Do you use Skype? or any other similar program? in Older versions of Windows, Skype used to forcefully minimise a full screen game when receiving notification.

Assuming you are using Windows 10: Try disabling background programs to see if some other program is causing this, you can do so by pressing Windows logo key + R, type msconfig in Services tab tick "Hide all Microsoft Services" and select "Disable all", now go to "Startup" tab open Task Manager > Disable all programs > Restart your computer. And See if that solved your problem. 

Another thing that you could try is editing ForeGroundLockTimeout to prevent an application from stealing focus, But first backup registry before doing any editing, unless you feel comfortable editing there. Editing the Windows registry can sometimes be a dangerous. 

Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
Type in the following text, and then press Enter. regedit.
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File name box, type a name that you will remember, such as Registry Backup

Than:

Type Regedit in Start Search, Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop > ForegroundLockTimeout > Open it and edit value data to: 30d40. Restart your PC.

See if the problem still persists, if it still does, change Value Data back to 0.

Try these first and if problem still persists we can try something else, my head is not working at moment, literally writing this with one eye open :sleepy:

5 hours ago, Golokin said:

occasionally open my right click menu

First we need to find out if the problem is hardware or software related.

Have you tried using a different mouse to see if the problem still occurs?, have you tried plugging the mouse to different USB Ports?

This could be an an issue with the drivers for the mouse, doesn't hurt to try, I recommend that you uninstall the drivers for the Mouse and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

1.      Click Start.

2.      Type in Device Manager in the Start Search.

3.      Expand Mice and Pointing Devices.

4.      Right click on the device.

5.      Click Properties, click Driver Tab.

6.      Click Uninstall Drivers, click OK.

Now restart the computer and download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Edited by SayhaSeer

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Golokin:

hey guys, so its my first time playing S&B and while playing my screen will change off the game and into my home screen or occasionally open my right click menu... how do i fix this?

happened several times and i'm not sure why or how. 

Do you have 2 Screens ? I assume you mean your mose gets out of the game and to ur 2nd screen. I have the same problem but due to the lack of a real fullscreen support we cannot fix it. Simply press Windows Button and click into the game again. Sometimes i need to do this after every loading screen sadly and it can be a pain.

13 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Do you have 2 Screens ? I assume you mean your mose gets out of the game and to ur 2nd screen. I have the same problem but due to the lack of a real fullscreen support we cannot fix it. Simply press Windows Button and click into the game again. Sometimes i need to do this after every loading screen sadly and it can be a pain.

You can prevent that from happening by downloading software called DMT "Dual Monitor Tools"

In the software you go to "Cursor > General > Lock Cursor onto screen (Choose Which hotkey combo to lock/unlock) So for example Ctrl + R, While your in game you press Ctrl + R, your mouse gets locked onto that screen and you can't go to second screen even if you minimise the game, if you want to go to second screen you unlock cursor again by pressing Ctrl + R, very simple and efficient tool. 

Edited by SayhaSeer