Info for a Noobie Newb

CleverPearl

Hello, I’m a complete noob to Blade & Soul, and need some guidance:

(1) What classes should I avoid because almost nobody wants them in dungeon, etc. groups? Why?

(2) What classes are most useful in a dungeon, etc. groups? Why?

(3) Are their any clans famous for being friendly and helpful to new players? I’m in the US Mountain time zone, playing later a night on Yura - all of which I imagine will matter. (After all, no clan can be everywhere at all times.)

(4) I dislike ganking (and being ganked). Therefore, I avoid PvP unless I’m with a strong, well-lead group. Which faction would be best for me. Why?

(5) Is there a general “hang out” discord for North American BnS players, especially newbies? Can you provide me with a valid Discord invite?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

CleverPearl

1 hour ago, CleverPearl said:

Hello, I’m a complete noob to Blade & Soul, and need some guidance:

(1) What classes should I avoid because almost nobody wants them in dungeon, etc. groups? Why?

(2) What classes are most useful in a dungeon, etc. groups? Why?

(3) Are their any clans famous for being friendly and helpful to new players? I’m in the US Mountain time zone, playing later a night on Yura - all of which I imagine will matter. (After all, no clan can be everywhere at all times.)

(4) I dislike ganking (and being ganked). Therefore, I avoid PvP unless I’m with a strong, well-lead group. Which faction would be best for me. Why?

(5) Is there a general “hang out” discord for North American BnS players, especially newbies? Can you provide me with a valid Discord invite?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

CleverPearl

1. There are no classes like this. But classes, who can tank and have party buff are more needed (warden, kfm, ... )

2. Look point 1

3. idk, i play on EU

4. Dont wear faction uniform, you wont be ganked. Choose the more populated side on the server, idk what it is in NA

5. Discord link are on the BNS reddit

Here is a tier list on how much the specific classes can help in a group:

Tier 1: Kung Fu Master, Warden

Tier 2: Blade Master

Tier 3: Assasin, Gunner, Warlock

Tier 4: Summoner, Soul fighter

Tier 5: Destroyer, Blade Dancer, Force Master

So back to your question:

1:  The worst class is the Destroyer (PVE wise) but it will change soon theyll get tank abilitys ive heared.

2:  you can play anything but the most wanted are the classes with group buffs and tanks. Since KFM and Warden are classes with group buffs and tank abilitys they are the most wanted classes everywhere.

3: If you look for a guild for newbies thoose are usually the guilds which will not live long cause people progress and want to do the newest Raids. This will be a problem if there are litterly only newbes. I recommend get a experienced player and let him explain you everything till you got atleast Full Raven Gear. After that search for a guild which does atleast VT and TT (Tempel of evelium and Nightfall Senctury).

4: PVE = Crimson PVP = Coeling. In general the Open World PVP is dead since 2016 in this term it dosent matter which faction you are in but crimson got much more players so id say you should join crimson.

5: Have no idea i am EU.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

55 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Here is a tier list on how much the specific classes can help in a group:

Tier 1: Kung Fu Master, Warden

Tier 2: Blade Master

Tier 3: Assasin, Gunner

Tier 4: Summoner, Soul fighter

Tier 5: Destroyer, Blade Dancer, Force Master

as warlock player i find this post bit disturbing xD
is wl so much trash he is not even on list? x)

Thanks everyone for the useful suggestions. I'm trying out a warden now, and even in the early going, it stomps all over the poor Destroyer just in damage output.

I'm still not sure how to find a newbie-helpful veteran NA player or guild. So far my only experience with the "community" in-game is that about half the chat content seems to be gold sellers. If NC Soft has given up trying to moderate beyond-visual-range text chat, why do they allow it at all?