Awakening Shadow Warlock Rotation.

Ludicium

Hello,

With the upcoming patch and ability to re-roll, I was hoping to re-roll into a shadow warlock.

I've checked out F11, the Talents seems to be: 1, 1, 2, 1, 1. Or is 3, 1, 2, 1, 1 preferred? (I've seen people suggesting '3, 1, 2, 1, 3' but have yet to see a single top F11 spec it that way before)
I was hoping if you guys could help me out with the rotation for a max geared shadow warlock?
My current rotation is: Sanctum (c) -> Quell (1) -> Soulburn (TAB) -> Defile (2) -> Umbral storm (v) -> Umbral imprison (3) -> Dragon Helix (4) -> Dimensional Salvo (RMB).
I personally feel like the opener is a tad long and is wasting my BW a bit too much, was wondering if you guys could help me out with the rotation.

Thanks a tonne.

3, 1, 2, 1, 3 or 3, 1, 1, 1, 3 is what you want to use (some situations may be better for you to have the CC sanctum). The last talent at 3 allows you to spam more dragon helixes because it only consumes 1 spectral orb outside of SB instead of 3. This is why many warlocks no longer use TD when there are other SBs in party because it is a big dps loss for shadow warlock to not spec for talent 3. For your new rotation you could do Summon Thrall (tab) > C > SB (tab) > V > 2 > 3 > spam 4 and RMB. Since thrall takes a second to actually use SB after pressing tab, you'll be able to get the start of  your rotation out before you receive SB. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sabrina said:

3, 1, 2, 1, 3 or 3, 1, 1, 1, 3 is what you want to use (some situations may be better for you to have the CC sanctum). The last talent at 3 allows you to spam more dragon helixes because it only consumes 1 spectral orb outside of SB instead of 3. This is why many warlocks no longer use TD when there are other SBs in party because it is a big dps loss for shadow warlock to not spec for talent 3. For your new rotation you could do Summon Thrall (tab) > C > SB (tab) > V > 2 > 3 > spam 4 and RMB. Since thrall takes a second to actually use SB after pressing tab, you'll be able to get the start of  your rotation out before you receive SB. 

Ahh, I see I see, it all makes sense :) Thank you greatly for helping me out and taking the time to respond!!

Edited by Ludicium

• 2 weeks later...

i realy wouldnt recommend changing to become a Warlock... both PvE wise and PvP they arent in the best spot, Shadow WL is in the top 4-5dmg dealing classes atm but ONLY if you have between 60-80 ingame ping, its very ping reliant and has severe downsides in mobility and the fact our Tab being a backdash can make some mechanics in the game very difficult for us to do. Warlock is the weakest class in PvP atm. if you want to be a Ranged class, Wind summoner and FM are more fun and dmg wise ahead, if you want to do SB and dont mind melee, then Warden is literaly superiour too WL in evry regard, DMG, Defense, Mobility and they can even tank if you want too.

• 8 months later...