Weapon appearance, why isn't it free?

VincentBari

Greetings.

As you know, we can change outfits as much as we want without charging, but changing weapon appearance costs gold, and if you have the legendary weapon (Raven, Riftwalk, Aransu etc) it can cost 20g and more. That amount of gold could be nothing for players who have like 10k gold in their pockets, or Premium members that can even pay 1g for that, but think about this: a normal player, who have less gold than those ones, and he must use most of it for upgrading materials, jewels, elements and whatnot, BUT he has a cool outfit and he wants the matching weapon to go with it, so those 20g can mean a lot.

We saw a lot of changes in the past years and more, bigger updates are to come in these months, so considering this minor feature is outdated, why not to make the weapon appearance changing free for all? Why can we change outfits for free except the weapons? It's like you get a new outfit, you try it on, you want to use a different weapon skin to go with that, but you change your mind because it costs that much. :SohaLaugh:

Team Bloodlust uses it as a gold sink like how many other things like mailing items to alts and market fees. Pets cost around the same to change appearance also.

I agree that it should not cost anything to do but at least lower the cost to do it to like 5-10g. (maybe a sliding scale for weapons IE: raven 5g, aransu 10g and GC 15g)

They also need something to give premium members so that is why it only costs 1g for them.

49 minutes ago, Garlend said:

Team Bloodlust uses it as a gold sink like how many other things like mailing items to alts and market fees. Pets cost around the same to change appearance also.

I agree that it should not cost anything to do but at least lower the cost to do it to like 5-10g. (maybe a sliding scale for weapons IE: raven 5g, aransu 10g and GC 15g)

They also need something to give premium members so that is why it only costs 1g for them.

Costs one bronze with premium , not one gold.

Free (or nearly free) weapon skin change is one of the things they shoved into premium membership. Now, it's not such a big thing unless you swap weapons constantly. Yes it kind of prevents f2ps from swapping appearances while leveling up because the cost is too steep for those levels. But later in the game when people have access to more gold and a stable weapon, it stops being an issue.

Now, I DO agree we could do without this cost at all (I also agree we don't need weapon breaking and repair as it's also an outdated thing). But not sure how many are in favor of these to prompt a change.