Blade Master weapon choice

DeadlyAsh

Don't upgrade it until you get the Rift/Dawn 3 from story. If you get 8 slots from that, then keep it and figure out which you want to do: switch to Raven if you have a clan/group you can raid with, or stay Rift/Dawn to stage 9.

If the final orange quest doesn't give you a 3 slot Rift/Dawn, then go buy a new Baleful from the Grand Harvest Square merchant for 5 Naryu Silver and keep doing so until you get one with 8 slots. If you run out of Silver, then use the stack of Naryu tabs to take each up to Stage 4 for a cheap try at 8 slots on breakthrough. If that fails, just farm some silver and keep going that route. A little tedious but odds are it won't take you too long to get 8 slots and it will save you from having to buy Legendary Gem hammers and spending more gold to open up slots later.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yaw175 said:

If the final orange quest doesn't give you a 3 slot Rift/Dawn? Is there a typo here on the 3 slot?

I suppose yes. If I get a 3 slot from there, it's worthless and I just toss it aside. Now, getting a baleful/seraph to 12 usually opens up an extra slot or two. On my experience, on average I ended up with 6 open slots. One weapon ended up with 7, and two ended with full open slots. This is from running multiple characters through story.

As for choosing between raven and riftwalk, I can't speak like an expert because I'm not one, but I just switched yesterday to raven 3 (and just made it raven 4 today, with plans to farm for at least 6 for now), and I find it more worth than anything on the riftwalk and storm dragon lines. The bonuses are game changing even at low levels, so I suggest to try your best to stay on the raven line, even if the materials are more of a hassle to get. UNLESS, you can get a lot of materials for riftwalk to upgrade it in a very short amount of time just so you can be out of that line quickly (I suggest upgrading until you can switch to at least aransu 6 if you are good at farming). Then again, nothing on the pve line gives any meaningful bonuses in comparison to what the raid weapons can do.

Again, I'm far from being an expert, but having a huge bonus to one or more of your most used skills is a huge plus.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hanuku said:

I suppose yes. If I get a 3 slot from there, it's worthless and I just toss it aside. Now, getting a baleful/seraph to 12 usually opens up an extra slot or two.

Switch from Riftwalk To Dawnforge back and forth a few imes to open 8 Slots.

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

Switch from Riftwalk To Dawnforge back and forth a few imes to open 8 Slots.

If that trick works and if it's worth the mats, sure. Though last time I offered that as a solution, some people thought the mats used on it didn't justify it. Then again, now it's either a bunch of not so hard to find draken cores for a chance, or 15 legend hammers per hole....