Level 60 Voucher

Otharious

So i did this all sweet and fine.

But then it dawned on me just after that this game doesn't have quest repeatability.....and i just lost out on level 38 to 60  worth of quest stories o.O on my main and only character that am rather attached too :/

So am like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤...Guess ill just close the game  down until am ready to make a new character and start over again. but I dont want to make a second KFM, so am going to have to figure something out if i even care.

I have not played heavy in a few years. so i guess i just miss remembered a few things :/

I have no idea whats changed or whats been added as that's all rather overwhelming to me right now.

Am I really missing out on much? what is there for me to do at 60+ other then grind dungeons?   i was rather looking to do the main quest from 38-60 I lost it when i noticed my quest journal had all the dam quests completed up to act IX

Le sigh.....

my tears to be collected indeed :P

Yeah, the voucher completes the story and you start off at "end game".

There isnt much to do assige dungeon grind, raids weekly,PVP, and rinse / repeat. Nothing really changed much, new gears in new dungeons, cost reduction on old gear etc....the only thing you kinda missed out was the actual story nothing more.

If you complete the temple of succession orange quest on your character you will get the basic starter gear and you can go from that point.

I'd like to know what level your character is and what story act and chapter he/she is in. I'd say to go through the whole story at least once, and make another character to use your voucher on.

The recent quest change removed most side quests up to Moonwater. Silverfrost and up still has it's side quests mostly intact, though those later areas didn't have too many side quests to begin with. I'm currently running a KFM through the story and leveling process and she's right now doing the Gunwon city stuff. on a premium account (+30% to exp), I got level 55 (and the ability to do ultimate skills) by the time I entered the story version of Heaven mandate. Got level 60 somewhere around the "New Hong School" arc, and after feeding her a bunch of exp charms, she's now HM 6. I assume by the time I get to finish act 9 and are able to get talents and the temple of succession quest, she will be somewhere around HM 12, which would be the same as the voucher gives.

Since my account is currently running premium benefits, I can't calculate how the character would level without those benefits, but a full free character, I assume, wouldn't run that far behind. Anyway. Story is easy for the most part. The section I myself had trouble with was the Twisted Grimhorn area. It's a hassle to do it without the help of HM points or a better weapon, since the character is limited to being HM 0 and a story weapon with only two gem slots. other than that, story offers no challenge at all.

Oh, forgot this too. If they haven't changed it, I believe that if you make a new character using a voucher, you also get an outfit from the voucher's initial training area.

Edited by Hanuku

I'm starting to rethink using my  second LV 60 voucher.  I used one on my gunslinger, and put me in an unkown territory, and then I went back on my Summoner.  I thought they only made your alt max level with max equipments, like with other games, not that they also make the story, and quests, done and impossible to do.

27 minutes ago, Nothingness39 said:

I'm starting to rethink using my  second LV 60 voucher.  I used one on my gunslinger, and put me in an unkown territory, and then I went back on my Summoner.  I thought they only made your alt max level with max equipments, like with other games, not that they also make the story, and quests, done and impossible to do.

Well, there would be no point to use voucher if you were gonna do story any way, The voucher is there to skip the story so you can start doing max level stuff instantly.

1 hour ago, Nothingness39 said:

Yeah. The voucher completes the base game for you, which is why I recommend getting at least one character through the whole story without using them. The only things I consider as "must do" that the voucher doesn't do for you are the Hongmoon clan mini quest (to unlock talents), the last few windwalk quests to get your wind walk points to 40K, and the Temple of succession (for upgraded accessories and gems).

1 hour ago, Otharious said:

My char was 38 before voucher but it just kinda sucks that the character i have spent money on but wanted to do the story......:/

I like doing quests in MMO's  not dailies.....for grind D:

ouch. There is quite a bit of story between 38 and 60. I assume you were either finishing up Cindernalds or starting up Moonwater. Now, level 38 happens rather quickly, so if you decide to make a new character just for the story, there's wouldn't be that much to catch up.

1 hour ago, Haku Nekowa said:

is there any way to get the level 60 boost voucher free?

Nope. not unless there is another giveaway. you could always level from scratch....takes approx1-2 days to get a char to max.

2 hours ago, Haku Nekowa said:

is there any way to get the level 60 boost voucher free?

Not at the moment. There was a recent giveaway but not anymore. I do recommend setting up an email for you to receive their newsletter, as that's usually required in order to participate in their giveaways.

As for leveling from scratch, it depends on how dedicated you are at the game. I'm at the bottom of the casual hierarchy, so I'm gonna take a week+ to level something if I'm not distracted. Grimoir's 1-2 days claim feels way too tight, since you have to do pretty much all of the old story minus blue quests (you can skip them all and not affect leveling). And even skipping everything, that's a lot of content to do in a single day. So I'm not really so sure it's possible unless putting in pretty much 20 hours a day to the task. But I've been proven wrong so many times before, so whatevs on that.