KFM R requires target after patch ? ]:

swordin

this post has to do with a little more than my disappointment with KFM's R/LMB now requiring a target to be used:

ive been struggling with what exactly feels "off" after all the changes in wake of the awakening patch, but was it really necessary to change KFM's R skill to not be used without a target?

~

I wonder how the "difficulty rating" concept was altered after that patch, I mean the indicator was always green like american money anyway so it probably isn't so important to the developers to retain concept on, like other little things, like the KFM's R.

not that the KFM's R is particularly related to the class's supposed difficulty, but in terms of defining the class; well every class has new idle animations which are mostly fantastic, but where theyre not fantastic -- as a matter of opinion ofc -- altered which options are viable (in-combat vs out-of-combat: a class should appear distinguished from the others...)

~

in order to be fully honest I need to activate as much context as I am able to during the time I compose a post.

Im not someone who would want to write a post like this. it seems to be the only correct way to speak to people-in-charge with regards to feedback relating to playability.

in regards to tastes in how one opens the door to courses of action: it might only pertain to the ramifications of newton's 3rd law.

~

I cant really see that this is what may or may not impact the time and investment that I desired to divulge into this/that universe, but here I am/

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the change on the lmb. Without target the lmb used to hook you to the ground. For example, when fighting Yunsang if he start his 3 jump + shockwave attack I generally couldn't jump and avoid the shockwave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I liked that I could slow walk by using r's first two punches and skipping the kick on 3rd cast to play the rhythm of the 2 punches, like something to idly practice and pass time. 

Yunsang to me has always been a bad experience, that frustration of not getting to make input or the intended input because of the jarring boss transitions turning fps off for seconds at times, so I can understand how that could have been frustrating.

recently I had a dream where I noticed after no descript update that r's icon was new and I was so excited to try it, if it was like before, and it was! but it was just a dream.

then I realized that during the dream, and then played assassin in the dream, and was using shuriken to lure mobs like it was so useful to me to do back then, and I woke: sad, but I know things can and will change and at least I had the good memory of it back then...

as often as I post [not often] I really ought to post plethora about how fantastic the ensemble of experiences this game has supported into my life.

keep it up Blade and Soul ;]

thank you all

• 2 weeks later...

For some people, fire kfm R requiring a target may be like a downgrade or unpleasant way of targeting, but in fact it makes sense since like there is no point that you should be able to use Dragon Claw (fire spec R) without a target, because its a waste of focus when for example you are killing something and you end up facing away your character from it or a boss simply goes away... you will end up wasting focus that might be needed for the next mechanic or another pack of mobs. Focus wont be there if u randomly swing your fists in the air xD The fact is that, having the need of a target is when you basically do not have the kfm passive up, which for fire is "Incineration" which replaces your dragon claw for burning fist, and then there you go, Burning fist is the previous "tiger strike", where you do not need a target to spam the main dps skill (even though that, without the top gear or the proper rotation, focus will be needed to be restored again). The same works for wind kfm.

I hope this was usefull somehow!

• 1 month later...

not helpful. sorry. this thread/topic was outdated the day after i posted it, i hope it gets removed... 

i do understand what youre saying and actually i enjoy the validation and hope you are well and good but, the kfm r i had been referencing only existed before the skills rework for the classes, the one that introduced talents.

i dont know why tiger claw is r to you, i know tiger claw as 2.

the game is great , its been through so many different iterations and it is still great which is all the more a testament to its greatness. though i may miss things from past iterations.

im swordin in game too if you want to reach me , 

bye for now

Edited by swordin