Is this game noob friendly?

LuckyAbrams

Hey there folks!

Basically, as the title states, is this game noob friendly? To be clear, I'm not a complete noob. I used to play the game somewhat regularly at launch. I left around the time Soul Fighter was introduced. I remember the game being very grind heavy for gear upgrades. My account still has some high level toons. Warlock, Summoner and Blade Dancer with Warlock being HM 6 I believe?

Anyways, I've been away for a long time and I've recently gave up WoW for good (well... maybe?) and I personally just love MMO's so I'm trying to find something I can casually play. I'm currently work shopping SWTOR and FFXIV. I've always liked the look and gameplay of BnS, but despised the almost necessary need to spend real cash to further yourself in the game.

Is it still slightly heavy on the P2W? Can I play this game relatively casually with a "grind at your own pace" feel?

44 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

Hey there folks!

Basically, as the title states, is this game noob friendly? To be clear, I'm not a complete noob. I used to play the game somewhat regularly at launch. I left around the time Soul Fighter was introduced. I remember the game being very grind heavy for gear upgrades. My account still has some high level toons. Warlock, Summoner and Blade Dancer with Warlock being HM 6 I believe?

Anyways, I've been away for a long time and I've recently gave up WoW for good (well... maybe?) and I personally just love MMO's so I'm trying to find something I can casually play. I'm currently work shopping SWTOR and FFXIV. I've always liked the look and gameplay of BnS, but despised the almost necessary need to spend real cash to further yourself in the game.

Is it still slightly heavy on the P2W? Can I play this game relatively casually with a "grind at your own pace" feel?

Hi^^ I hate to say this, but the short answer is no, it's not noob friendly and it's not casual friendly. And yes, it is slightly heavy on the P2Progress. Personally I would stick to FFXIV, but that's just my opinion :)

This game is constantly pushing the upper envelope and this means grinding or swiping to stay near the top.  If you don't care about being the best then you can set your own pace.  As for being a noob, the community is rather toxic.  If you get into an active and helpful guild you can alleviate some of this.

Archived