Just hit level 55, now what?

DisBich

Hello friends,

So I just finished the story line - (SPOILERS) it was lovely watching my character stand there as Mushin killed all of my students. Thought I was supposed to be a great warrior, not a bystander. Might as well have just sat down and popped some corn. Not at all bitter.

I'm wondering how I should proceed with my game play. I'm not particularly competitive in this game so I'm not trying to be the strongest of the strong, but I would like to progress. If not, I'll just go on hiatus until they load more story line into the game (better include killing Ryu and toughening up Jinsoyun)

I have questions regarding weapons, mystic badges, soul badges, adornments, and other accessories including where to get them and their materials.

Weapon:
I'm using Baleful Stage 9. I got the majority of mats from quests or from daily dash. I'm out of Naryu Tablets and Moonstone. I'm not sure where to farm these mats when they are all gone. -- Just realized that hovering over the mats in the upgrade path says where you can get the mats, except for Naryu Tablets. Where do I get these?

I expect that I'll go Dawnforge when I can because I've heard it's less expensive.

Gems:
I have the ones from quests. I saw someone with octagon gems once, one of them was black.

Mystic Badges, Soul Badges, and Adornment:

Don't have any of these. Which ones do I get, and where? 

Rings, Gloves, Necklace, Belt, Earrings, Bracelet:

Currently using Solak because they were the last items from quests. Where would I get better ones?

Pets, Hearts, and Soul:

All Stormbringer. What's better out there?

Soul Shield:

Mistwalker currently.

I have done several searches for this, but they are either from 2017 or hard to find.

I find myself most lost on where to get the items in the first place, and then where to get the mats (like the Naryu Tablet).

Any help would be appreciated!

DisBich

While I can answer some of your questions, I would need more info as well ;)

What Element do you play? For some items that matters.

- Weapon path is fine, go with it.

- Gems are either from events or bought with gem powder (available in F5) or for the black ones (elemental damage) dropping in irontech foundry and ebondrake lair (at least those are the ones doable for you) or also in events. You can get some not upgradable ones for peaches as well(Celestial Basin), which would be ok for a start as well.

Another Option for all gems would be buying them with sun orbs (in the dragon express), but I would wait with that, as you need them for other stuff first.

- Mystic and Soul badge depend on the element. In general, Mystic for peaches and Soulbadge for sun orbs.

- the next (first) legendary accesories can be bought for draken cores (dropped in dungeons) or dropped directly in dungeons (citadel up to naryu sanctum). There is a quest which gives you 200 tokens, which would be 100 for bracelet and 50 for belt/necklace. Ring/earring from those are not top priority. I think they are also now obtainable in msp (midnight sky plains), with the current event. Just join a run in faction chat. You can also enter msp in zaiwei alone to go to the vendor and see what you need there.

For the quest with the tokens, the name should be know your enemy 1 and 2

- for soul/pet/heart, you take the ones from the story and upgrade them

- For soul shield, you want to have the "raven" soul shield next. 1-3 can be obtained by a quest where you just have to do 3 mini raids (weeklies, everyone can join, they are spamming faction chat with it). The drop in bt (not sure about the real english name) where also the feather drop to buy them from the npc/dragonexpress. They can also be obtained in msp right now.

the stormbringer soul/pet are the ones which are not upgradable?you wanna keep them, till you got the mats to upgrade your real soul/pet higher than that.

I would recommend doing the quests and farm some peaches (you get peaches from the quests mentioned as well) for your mystic badge. Soul badge is obtained over time, as it takes quite some sun orbs (which are obtained by doing the daily).

If you do the daily, you probably finish the event with it, so you probably wanna have a look at what you can get there as well.

Also if you do bt, you can get elemental ring/earring there, which you want to aim for in the long run.

I'm a wind summoner.

I've never done a dungeon run before. I've heard from several forum posts that some require 1k ap (I have 900) and an understanding of mechanics and such. Beside the AP requirement, I'm not sure what any of that means. From some forum posts it seems Irontech Forge needs a skilled party. As an unskilled player, this worries me lol. Also, did not know that gems are upgradable. Do they come as octagonal, or do they upgrade into that shape? You also mentioned gem powder? Is that what I do with my old gems from quests (the triangle and square ones) is salvage them and receive gem powder?

As I am a wind summoner, which badge/ soul badge would I get? It seems I should start doing Celestial Basin quests now just to get the peaches. 

From what I gathered from the B&S Wiki, the Dragon Express is a shop located at the bottom of the inventory window. I hope that's correct.

What are the names for these accessories? I'm also unsure of what daily quests you're referring to, there's daily quests in every map section. Skipping ahead a bit, but not 100% sure what a weekly quest is.

Do you know if Naryu Tablets drop in the Naryu Labyrinth from every mob, or just main bosses? My guess is that every mat for creating Dawnforge, etc. is a boss drop, which sounds like a weekly thing, which makes me feel that could be what a weekly quest is (?).

I've seen people talk about BT. Reddit says it's Sybreak Spire or Black Tower. This Reddit post says BT is old and VT (Vortex Temple, whatever that is) is newer.

I apologize for my 21 questions. I find all of this pretty overwhelming and confusing, especially when I don't know the regions and slang people use, and my entire experience of B&S has been to just follow the quest line which doesn't require interaction with players.

Thanks for the time and clarity you provide!

DisBich

Don't worry, I was confused as well at the beginning ;)

Well I play earth, those badges should be ok: Mystic badge I would go with pulse mystic badge (maybe a wind sum can help out here, there is a chance, that wind sums do need enigma mystic badge for focus, but I guess the Ring does the most part?)

As soul badge, you want courage or glory badge (there is an option to fuse both later on, so you want to get both of them at some point), although to me courage sounds like the better first option (again, no wind summoner :( )

And yeah, dragonexpress is the 5. button from the left.

For the names, it is the dragon bracelet, oath necklace and eternity belt. For earring you wanna go with Dragonsong (wind damage from skybreak spire) and the hellion ring (should be from ebondrake lair, if that is still up to date, not sure there... you want it because of the focus regen, at least you used to)

With dailies/weeklies I mean the following: there should be little circles right above your quest list, with daily challenge 0/3 and weekly challenge 0/3. The concept is, that you got a list of quests you can do, and if you did 3 of those you get an extra reward. Most are dungeons, one is right now always midnight sky plains and one is always to kill a boss in celestial basin (that is the easiest). Oh and some pvp quests as well. So you can choose what you want to do.

Also, the dungeons got way easier, so most of the mechanic up until naryu sanctum has been removed completly. And with up to I mean in the list in F8/p-play infographic. So you can really just go F8 and hit the lfp button for those (just a warning, the mobs on the way are often skipped). Also cold storage is safe to drop a naryu tablet (but you can only enter it once per day), most dungeons do drop them and they can be farmed in celestial basin. I would no recommend naryu labyrinth, as hardly anyone does it, so finding a group will be hard.

For the weekly, you have to complete the orange quests as far as possible. The first part of them is a solo part, the very last one is the raid itself, which is fine, as you don't need the last part to be able to accept weekly quests.

And yes, bt is old content by now, but you stil need the gear from it to be able to run vt, or otherwise your damage will be too low ;) But that beeing sad, not so many people need stuff from bt, so you get it very cheap or for free even.

For now I would say, celestial basin is fine, but try also some dungeons (and if it is only to get something else to do), maybe someone from your server can help you there... which server are you?

For wind summoner you want to get the Courage Soul badge first, and use that untilyou can fuse it with the glory one (courage one boosts your damage with bees when using petal toss)

Mustic badge you can go with the pulse badge.

For the gear, yo can go for the inheritor ring, or the skybreak spire wind ring. Depending on how far you want to go with the game / class, you can do fine with the Skybreak spire ring as if you manage your focus you should not have any issues (flying nettles gives focus, petal toss gives focus, cat crouch Q specced gives focus, weapon gives focus regen, ring gives focus regen)

Plus the maxed out skybreak spire accessories later on can be slvaged for a crux that you can use to evolve the nest tier accessories you get for cheaper cost.

you should also get your VT badge as that will give you a heavy damage boost.

The only Soul Shields, the Dragon Express sells Artisanal Primers, Masterwork Critical Primers, and Soul Warden Piercing Primers. I don't see a Raven Soul Shield.

I will find the Mystic Badge at the Celestial Basin? Also, what were these sun orbs for the Soul badge?

I believe I'm in Yura.

If I just focus on Celestial Basin and working on my 3 daily and weeklies, do you think that would be enough to build towards the items and mats I need? Moon stone and Soul Stone for mats such as HM pet and Bale weapon don't seem to come from Dailies.

I'll have to search what a VT badge is.

Thanks guys!

DisBich

The dragon express has more than one tab ;) That is only the first one. Also, to buy them from there you have to have premium membership, otherwise you have to go to the npc in khanda vihar. Also, the offical name for summoner raven soul shield is "Rejuvenation".

Mystic badge in celestial basin and sun orbs when you complete the daily challenge.

And it sounds like a solid plan :) Moonstones (crystals) and that stuff are in boxes, so you will get some by doing dailies. You probably have done some by now and seen that ;)

For upgrading, don't focus on the pet, you can leave that for later. you should not be hit by that much anyway.

And yes Grimoir is right, you need that "vt badge" at some point, but don't worry about it right now, it is gonna be out of reach for some while. It is the legendary mystic badge dropping from the second raid. It is very good, but you need the stuff from the first raid to do it ;)

And I am in Europe, so I can't help there...

Just a word of advice: try to find a good clan, that runs the raids and that wont have problems taking you and helping you out. People underestimate hoe much it helps being in a clan and that will also not lock you out of future content.

Archived