Story line makes me windwalking weary

SkyStorm

I appreciate that the path through the story is easier and faster now, but I think that 50% of the time is spent windwalking from point A to point B, back to point A, then to Point C...

So I wonder, is that 10 second delay really necessary? I once that that maybe the client needed time to synch with the server, but...there's not much of a delay going f8 or the training room, so...maybe someone thinks that watching the same tired animation 10 gazillion times is entertaining? I dunno, I want to hit escape and avoid it like a cut scene and not cancel the windwalking.

Windwalk, windstride, windsprint, wind-whatever.

Let's call it what it is: Map Travel. The same thing that exists in every modern game, except with BNS there's a ten second delay, purposely designed that way to annoy me. I suppose it's more apparent when you skip dialog and cut scenes.

In the meanwhile, my warden is plodding along at level 48, from loading screen to loading screen to loading screen, occasionally interrupted with 30 seconds of game play.:pain:

Well, 10 secs is not design thing but optimization/performance issue. Client needs time to load resources but also game is not very optimized. Having fast SSD and CPU might help to make loading slightly faster but loading screens still take significant annoying time. What is the worst - if you die and press 4 (resurrect at respawn point) - you will have loading screen again even though this location have been already loaded into memory.

You mean like the time it takes to cast the windwhatever, right? I always figured it was there so you couldn't just bounce to a different area if you were in a Open-World PvP situation and somehow managed to get out of combat.

My personal gripe is the 2 minute cooldown. the game tries to streamline us through the story nowadays by unlocking waypoints to where we need to go as soon as we accept a story quest. As opposed to back when we had to run all the way to the new location to unlock the waypoint. Just irks me when on my Warden I fast-travel to a location, mash F to get through the dialogue, then attempt to fast-travel to the new yellow point on the map only to be told I have to wait.

I mean, it is what it is, especially since Premium users have a reduced cooldown. Still annoying, though.

Archived