Low DPS

csisy

Hi there, I'm asking you to share your results and ideas, you might be able to help me. I'm a fairly experienced bns player, played with basically every class but now I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

So currently I'm playing with a frost warden, bought all of the draken accessories (and a sagewood badge because I had spare glory tokens).

Here is my character profile: https://next.bnstree.com/character/eu/Elliosa

The DPS:

- F12 Moyun without SB: 70-72k

- F20 Yunsang: 46-50k (I think I forgot to SB lol)

- dungeons with low mech rate: 60-70k

This seems pretty low for me. My rotation might be bad, but I also tested it with simple mode with similar results. I use V and 4 on cooldown, spamming F whenever possible.

Compared to my (old, forgotten and) low geared BM with basically the same accessories/stats and a Raven 1 weapon, my BM deals 95k sustained DPS and 120k burst DPS on F12 Moyun:

https://next.bnstree.com/character/eu/Derenys

Could you please share your DPS results and/or rotation, maybe with a video or something. I'm lost :(

(I know, I know, l2p :D)

I assume you're playing the commonly accepted rotation of using Blade Barrage (RMB) until your Epicenter (F) is off cooldown. I don't know, whether it's a big improvement, but since Epicenter is a big soure of damage, you'll want to get it off cooldown as soon as possible, and there are faster ways to do that, because Blade Barrage is really slow to cast.

I constructed myself a rotation that doesn't use Blade Barrage, like, at all, as there are other skills that reduce the cd of Epicenter even faster. Namely: Sever Step (Q) and Strafe (Q), each 2 secs; Stake (LMB), 3 secs; Sever (4), max 3 hits, 4 secs each; Guard (C), 5 secs; and also Sonic Strike (F), that one is pretty much a "lite" version of Blade Barrage, with less damage, but a quicker cast time, it doesn't reduce the CD of Epicenter, but instead of Sever Step and Sever, 1 and 0.5 secs respectively.

I'm trying to figure out the optimal sequence of skills, but for starters I have: (RMB/LMB ->) F -> 2x Q -> 2x F-> LMB -> 5x F -> 2x Q -> LMB, and I'm pretty sure Epicenter should be usable again, so rinse and repeat.

There's also a lot of variation to it, as you can for example chain Guard, then Dire Strike (2) into Epicenter, or since you don't have to chain all 3 attacks of Sever together, use the first strike of Sever to eliminate the last 4 secs CD of Epicenter, cast Epicenter, and then the other 2 Sever strikes to get CD from 15 to 7 secs already.

Try these things out and see if you can get more DPS out of it.

28 minutes ago, Nivalias said:

I assume you're playing the commonly accepted rotation of using Blade Barrage (RMB) until your Epicenter (F) is off cooldown. I don't know, whether it's a big improvement, but since Epicenter is a big soure of damage, you'll want to get it off cooldown as soon as possible, and there are faster ways to do that, because Blade Barrage is really slow to cast.

I constructed myself a rotation that doesn't use Blade Barrage, like, at all, as there are other skills that reduce the cd of Epicenter even faster. Namely: Sever Step (Q) and Strafe (Q), each 2 secs; Stake (LMB), 3 secs; Sever (4), max 3 hits, 4 secs each; Guard (C), 5 secs; and also Sonic Strike (F), that one is pretty much a "lite" version of Blade Barrage, with less damage, but a quicker cast time, it doesn't reduce the CD of Epicenter, but instead of Sever Step and Sever, 1 and 0.5 secs respectively.

I'm trying to figure out the optimal sequence of skills, but for starters I have: (RMB/LMB ->) F -> 2x Q -> 2x F-> LMB -> 5x F -> 2x Q -> LMB, and I'm pretty sure Epicenter should be usable again, so rinse and repeat.

There's also a lot of variation to it, as you can for example chain Guard, then Dire Strike (2) into Epicenter, or since you don't have to chain all 3 attacks of Sever together, use the first strike of Sever to eliminate the last 4 secs CD of Epicenter, cast Epicenter, and then the other 2 Sever strikes to get CD from 15 to 7 secs already.

Try these things out and see if you can get more DPS out of it.

Thanks, this makes sense. I was also thinking about using Q/Q to reduce the cd and since WD does not need too much iframe in PvE (because of his Blade Ward) it might be an acceptable way to do it. However, in your rotation the Q is not ready to use after 1 full rotation, so:

(RMB/RMB >) F > 2x Q > 2x F > LMB > 5x F > 2x Q > LMB > F > and here, Q is on cooldown since we've just used it, so we have to Sonic Strike first, to reduce the Q's cooldown.

My "best rotation" was (RMB/LMB >) F > 5x (or more since Sagewood) F > 3x RMB > LMB > 2x (or more) F > repeat, but that 3x RMB is slow, as you've mentioned it.

Right, after using Q/Q a second time, it's still on cd for the next rotation, so for that step you can use the other skills I mentioned before, C and 4. And if it has to be, you can also use RMB, when necessary, as it reduces cd of both Q and F by 2 secs. Also, I'm not completely sure as I made no objective measurement, but I think you can ani-cancel from Q into RMB faster than using RMB on its own.

Blade ward(V) > Soul Flare(Z) > Sever(4)x3 > Epicenter(F) >Safeguard(E) > Sonic strike(F) > StormBlade(2) combo > Epicenter(F) > Stake(LMB) > Sonic strikes >> BladeBarrage(RMB) > sonic strikes(F) > Blade Ward > Sever(move 1) ???

just get sparks and manage sever/ epicenter?

Archived