I Am Clueless and Ugly (I Need MMO Jesus)

xNyxNox

Hey there!  I am very new to this game, and have managed to literally create three brand new characters in less than three days due to how extremely picky I am.  I hated Soul Fighter (my first class) with an absolute passion and decided I was done with the game.  Butttt... I wasn't.  I used my second character slot to try out the assassin, who I sincerely enjoy playing.  However, I want to take a little break and try out a new class.  So, I deleted my Soul Fighter and hopped onto a new character!

Exciting, right!  Well, sort of.  See, recently I've started to care a lot about the aesthetic of games.  The only reason I even installed the game is because of how beautiful it looked and how much I loved the anime/Asian esque look.  I'm not really a big MMORPG player, although I did play ESO for a few months and have hundreds of hours in Trove.  I was very happy with the costumes I was able to acquire in ESO, and Trove has customization up the wazoo.  However, I have been nothing but disappointed in the costumes I have been able to get thus far.

All I want is for my characters to look like the story I have created for them in my head.

Ex: My assassin is a seductress vampire-like creature

Ex2: My force master is a royal/holy princess/priest (still working on that one)

However, I find myself not finding the correct costumes to match these things.  Of course people will say to wait until the endgame, but I can assure you I won't make it to the endgame if my character looks like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and the gameplay is slow (which I find it to be coming from action games and MOBAs, and hell even ESO and Trove felt more meaningful)

The costumes I have managed to get allow other players to attack me!  Why?  Why make this a system?  Additionally, I can't find a way to toggle it on and off?  The outfits look so cool, but unfortunately I just get destroyed by high level players running around and killing me while I try to complete quests.

I really love the look and feel of the game, but I just want my character to look as cool as the NPCs and other players so I feel like I belong here.  Is there any way I can find costumes that I want?  Is there a way I can get these as a F2P player, especially in the pre-50 stages?  If so, can someone please help me?

I've even tried to look at costumes I want and then try to find out how to get them, but I can't even find that out.  I decided that a good goal might be to get the Primary Disciple of Martial Alliance costume, but looking it up all I find is outfit simulators. 

I cannot believe how little information is out there for this game.  I had an issue with the camera and ended up just spamming my keyboard until it fixed itself, which caused a host of other issues...  all because forum threads seem to be empty and unhelpful.  So, let's see if things will change here!

To be honest, I just want to know a few simple things:

1. Where do I find information for this game? (specifically costume locations)

2. What is the fastest way to progress in this game?

3. Can I turn off the insane PvP toggle on costumes without just removing them?

4. Are there any cool-ish early game costumes that fit my two ideas?  (holy/princess, vampire seductress)

5. How can I keep myself interested and invested in this game without wanted to die?

If anyone can answer any of these, please help me out.  This game is so cool, and I love the idea of it.  It's just extremely frustrating when I feel and look just as clueless as I did at level one.  I have no idea what I'm doing and everything feels so pointless.  Each quest feels like "wow, 400 EXP.  great."  I think I was more interested in the hats I got from completing quests in Wizard101.

Quick Edit:

What is this costume called?  ;)

https://ibb.co/jNS2ue 

5 hours ago, xNyxNox said:

1. Where do I find information for this game? (specifically costume locations)

Most of the costumes you can get for free have a location to receive on the hover over info in the wardrobe.  You can try on every outfit in the game and see what you like and how to get it.  

2. What is the fastest way to progress in this game?

Complete yellow quests to advance in the game to max level.   If you trashed your SF before you got far in the plot, you may not have actually experienced the game play.   Skills unlock through as you advance levels and the actual play style of the rotation doesn't happen until you have the right equipment.   SF for example can't pull off a complete rotation until they can complete chi focus 3 times.   Of course you should find something that you like.  Just understand the initial impressions may be completely different from that the game style of the character actually is.   

3. Can I turn off the insane PvP toggle on costumes without just removing them?

No.  There are only a handful of faction outfits.   Those outfits are the invitation to PvP.   There are plenty of other outfits in the game that look better.

4. Are there any cool-ish early game costumes that fit my two ideas?  (holy/princess, vampire seductress)

The wardrobe is divided into sections by act of the game.  Early game items are in dungeons you can mine easy.  Harder ones are towards the bottom.   

5. How can I keep myself interested and invested in this game without wanted to die?

Not sure how to even address this question.

the wardrobe is accesed by pressing F3 or escape and click wardrobe in the upcoming menu ;)

There are also costumes which you can color yourself, and some of them can be obtained by gold (well some fabriv thread, which can be bought in the shop for hongmooncoins, which you get for gold, but yeah ^^). While this is out of reach for you now, you might wanna have a look at it. Go to any clothing merchant in the cities (for example jadestone) and see what you can buy there.

To see all dyable costumes, press esc and go on the 3. button from the right (not sure what it is called in english). Just be aware, there are also cash shop or box outfit only costumes there, which cannot be obtained anymore (right now, may come back later)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a problem that most of us share. Costumes ! I found when starting this game that I did not care for the free costumes, and the ones for sale seemed to remain the same for the 2 months I played the game the first time. Now that I have come back after a year I find that the same costumes are still for sale. I have to wonder why all the costumes that can be previewed are not for sale ? It is my opinion that this is one reason players quite the game, lack of choice. 

Archived