Are we ever going to fix the bizarre character model stretching on Jin Females?

SilverFoxR

Hey, there!

So, I think I've brought this to attention a while back, but it's still on-going and nothing ever seems to be done about it, so I'm just going to explain it again.

In various moments (especially when using almost any Dragon Pulse), the Jin female character model bugs out insanely. It seems that, for some reason or another, a part of the rigging on their breasts either stays behind at the previous point or moves ahead to the new point before the rest of the model does. This a massive stretching of the character model (in some cases in what would be comical ways, but have past gotten old), then a sudden snap-back of the rigging to the original position.

I mean, if we're going to be updating the game to a new graphics engine, we can at least begin trying to fix the graphical bugs too, can't we? And this one's been here way back when I started playing a couple years ago.

EDIT: Here's an example literally taken yesterday.

ppr2yFY.jpg

I've only ever seen this when a particular body part was created at a size that was much too large.  Given the problem I see above, you might contact support to see if they'd let you do a free modification (or ask them to do it) to shrink the overly large body part.  I almost always have yuns, but I've seen some people create yuns with blocky, almost rectangular breasts because of how far they are sticking out. But basically if the skeleton is too large for the 'skin' when you create the char (the creation util should warn, BUT, some people are always pushing for larger settings on some parts), then in some situations, the stretch becomes infinite because according to the skinner's calculations, the skin isn't covering the skeleton...so it sorta wraps all the way to the side...).

It really looks like the breasts were made too large for one or more outfit skins...?  I assume you aren't using any custom skins or body mod things -- if you have, look to the mod designer for a fix, otherwise, only thing I can think of is trying to downsize the affected part...

(hard to keep a str8 face in some of the above, but if I didn't think about what the affected parts were, it helped! ;-) )

5 hours ago, Astarae said:

I've only ever seen this when a particular body part was created at a size that was much too large.  Given the problem I see above, you might contact support to see if they'd let you do a free modification (or ask them to do it) to shrink the overly large body part.  I almost always have yuns, but I've seen some people create yuns with blocky, almost rectangular breasts because of how far they are sticking out. But basically if the skeleton is too large for the 'skin' when you create the char (the creation util should warn, BUT, some people are always pushing for larger settings on some parts), then in some situations, the stretch becomes infinite because according to the skinner's calculations, the skin isn't covering the skeleton...so it sorta wraps all the way to the side...).

It really looks like the breasts were made too large for one or more outfit skins...?  I assume you aren't using any custom skins or body mod things -- if you have, look to the mod designer for a fix, otherwise, only thing I can think of is trying to downsize the affected part...

(hard to keep a str8 face in some of the above, but if I didn't think about what the affected parts were, it helped! ;-) )

I have 3 Jin female characters, all of which have different body types and I can safely say that this happens on all of them. However, I have a Yun who was heavily modified in the character creator to look almost to the same proportions of a Jin (as I find Yuns are a bit too thin and lanky most of the time) and this graphical bug has not happened to them once.

I can also add that, if I did adjust their body proportions, I did not do so in a major way... lowering their heights a bit and tweaking some proportions here and there. Additionally, I've seen other players around me (again, Jin female) who suddenly stretch wildly after certain actions (mainly after a Dragon Pulse) just like mine have.

And, as I've said before, this has been going on for as long as I can remember.

Oh, and if you want another example, today, I did the same jump on my Soul Fighter.. guess what happened?

Here's a hint:

pl4XN8F.jpg

Oh, and if you are wondering, no, the outfits also do not explain this bug - my characters have worn a wide variety of outfits and have had this happen. It's just that I've put all my characters into swimsuits for summer.

Archived