BG disconnect -> can't enter for x minutes?

Astarae

Client hung in BG (not a DC), had to end it and re-enter...tried to enter fast, entered, and got option to re-enter w/previous group.

Hit 'y', but got message in chat window that I couldn't re-enter to previous party.  whatever, 

Then tried to go in again (WW BG), but told me that I had to wait for 8 minutes for disconnecting ...??  Huh...  I thought that was

only for 1:1...I was in 6's.  Worse -- I was Qing for BG, not 1:1...so how could there be a wait?

You will always get a time ban if your client crashes and you can't rejoin your previous group.

I encountered the same bug too. If you press "y" to rejoin it doesn't work... at least not on my german client (maybe "j" works, but "y" doesn't)

But... if you press and hold "alt"-key and click with your mouse on the "y"-button rejoining seems to work (as long as your char isn't dead when loggin in).

the time ban was suppose to be for 1:1...for 6's, you got a loss on your game from what I remember.

Also, you and I both know that not being able to re-enter unless you press ALT-'y' is certainly a bug (how you found that out -- gratz, but not very obvious!)...

I notice the only real time I encounter disconnections mostly is while playing BGs. I can almost see it coming by slight glitches very faintly but they occur like the game is

overloading. I too attempted to rush back in as to avoid the penalty, however I got the system message you can not enter even while pressing yes believing I had joined on time.

This is a bug and must be fixed as I am all for penalties for being afk and dc intentionally trying to sabotage your team. Yet if you are being penalized for entering due to a true dc

and can not resume afterwards then something must be done.

well one thing that can be done....since the game knows how fast you came back, and it knows that you are trying to rejoin, if the match is already over, it could give you the same penalty or reward as your team if they lost or won.  if you don't come back in or come back in much later -- then process it as a loss if that's required.  But to throw a loss at me as a penalty when I pressed yes and the group I was with *won*, is throwing salt in the wound.

BTW...there was some mention of some new balancing to help balance groups better.... It is WAY broken...does just the opposite.  Before...it was possible to not know winner down tilll the end.  This new patch - winner is usually decided in 1st very quickly...one way or the other -- many scores with losing side having <100 points.   Certainly not balanced.

BTW, this is partly fixed .... the time delay seems gone.

However rejoining is still a problem.  And giving you an automatic loss when you try to rejoin seems more than a bit sadistic.  Had a small win streak going as wel as my first ranking in top 20 of class.  Hit by a game crash/hang, now I'm down around 90 in class.    Great way to encourage newer players (at least in pvp).

What I don't get is how it could be claimed in the patch notes that improvements were made to balance, but now imbalances are hyper-accentuated?

Archived