As an outfit collector, here are reasons why I don't bother with Forgotten box

Kozuki

1. Outfits don't look that great, design wise, IMO. It is summer, and instead of bikinis and swimsuits, you give outfits that look hot (not in sexy way)

2. NCWest tries their best to require players at least 50 chests to gain enough currency for an outfit pouch. However, I think this backfires. Not every piece of outfit is desirable and ask players to buy a bundle of them is like asking a customer to buy a iPhone bundled with other items at higher prices, while the customer only want the iPhone. Personally, I only like a few pieces out from both two outfit bundles. If NCWest have provided separated pieces, I would not mind to buy 50 boxes and a few extras to get the pieces I want. I may feel want to buy cat pouch outfit (I play Summoner) and weapon box too However, since they bundle everything and due to reason No.1, I give up buying boxes altogether. Maybe I will buy 10 boxes to get cat outfit, but that's it.

In previous RNG box where Star Slayer were available, I bought like 60-70 boxes to get the outfit, skip all other adornments. This gave me spare currency to spend on other things, like outfits for other characters, buy more adornments.

tl:nr: Outfits are not pretty. Untrade-able Outfit pouches are the worst.

This time around I was pretty disappointed too

It's waaaaaaaaay too hot to want to be running around in thick heavy costumes like that, so the timing defiantly did seem very off for that.

In addition to this, putting the dyeable cloak outfit behind such a big token wall...it's like, "Either pay $70 or disappear, We don't care about you"
I think they know how absurd that sounds right? I quit Tera over them charging too much for costumes after many years I spent with them and I notice BnS is starting to attempt the very same thing. Steadily, they creep up the pricing more and more and just hope you don't notice or say anything about it. We notice. I notice and just don't buy. That's the logic right? "Can't afford it, don't buy it". So then people don't and they feel bad for being too poor to even enjoy games anymore and they start spending elsewhere and get lured away. In the end, it only loses you players when you do that.

I get that you as a company need to make money. But there are much smarter ways to go about it.

I wish these MMO's would stop making the exact same mistakes. Its the exact same mistakes over and over and then they wonder why they're not pulling in as much as other games. It's not your genres fault, stop blaming the genre. It's how you treat your customers, it's how you make them feel as human beings. Happy customers = more players = more money. If you're ripping them off, you get half of what you would have got had you just charged a reasonable price. Think of the long term. You can still make money by not charging over $50 for a costume. Instead of only the wealthy 1% getting it, the majority of players will get it. You will still get money. So why keep charging outrageous prices you know for a fact the majority won't be able to keep up with? It's literally not making you any richer and just turning more people off.

I don't know, to me it's just so...like come on. Think critically here. You can do way better than this NCWest. You can do way better.

Try it. Try not ripping everyone off next time and watch your numbers carefully. More importantly, watch the reaction from players. You want people to love your game? You want to become an esport? Act like it and pay attention to your customers. Your customers control your success. If you can't even pay attention to what they're saying and how they feel, you'll never succeed as a stable business and you'll be scrapped the same way MxM was. and I know that's a sore spot, but you need to accept the truth and learn from your past mistakes.

OK lecture aside, for those who can't afford the current dyeable costume (like me, lol... better luck when it comes out again next year I guess, hopefully not for almost $100..) Another look-a-like will come out eventually anyway

eU8VLdC.png

This year the new dyeable swimsuits will be coming out as well, but I also wanted to remind NCWest that this swimsuit has been out in KR for about over a year and a half now and we still haven't seen it

rHaFZrs.jpg

Not my favorite, but it'd be nice to have it released instead of bulky winter-wear. Yes I noticed you tried to slip in yet another Costco sweater outfit in F3. You need to delete that and stop shoving those out. You have plenty to work with, stop gravitating toward releasing recolors over and over. Progress.

I agree, I was really upset when I saw what costumes got put behind the RNG box token paywall as well. Sure, the RNG boxes provide guaranteed tokens, but as an outfit collector, it really drives me away from what I love most about the game when you expect me to pay well over $50 to get an outfit. I was really looking forwards to the cloak outfit with the hood for my male warlock, wanted so badly to dye the edge of it red. If it had been in the normal cash shop, I probably would have purchased two of them, one for my gunner as well. But these prices are insane.

It's just so disheartening that every single NEW outfit that looks really good gets stuck behind the token wall like this...while we rarely ever get anything that's actually new in the HM store, and our event costumes are cheesy recolors. I've honestly lost joy in the game. And I used to regard Blade and Soul as one of the best because I could acquire costumes and make my character beautiful without worrying about gear, because gear isn't linked to appearance here.

NCSoft is actually driving me towards other games- rather than putting any money into Blade and Soul as I might have this month, I pre-ordered Assassins Creed Odyssey instead for my hooded outfit fix... because I can get a whole game for what they want me to spend on a single costume here. They are loosing my money.

I just hope they're sensible about the dyeable swimsuits .__. I'm really annoyed that they haven't released any new swimsuit this summer.

20 hours ago, Showta said:

rHaFZrs.jpg

Not my favorite, but it'd be nice to have it released instead of bulky winter-wear. Yes I noticed you tried to slip in yet another Costco sweater outfit in F3. You need to delete that and stop shoving those out. You have plenty to work with, stop gravitating t

I like the fem Gon and I hope NC just puts these into the shop so I can get it without a headache. Otherwise they can keep their new bikini, even tho it really looks pretty nice.

Archived