can we fix kodlak's first flame already?

Divinehero

The tail roll, followed by the breath attack is more annoying, as the tail roll only sometimes knocks you back, so I just tend to ignore that, while the tail swipe you know will knock you back, so I'll always try to evade/resist it. Although the whole thing is a BS raid, that I do as little as possible. Between messed up mechanics like that, or that one random fire attack, and the excessive camera shifts, to the absurd amount of durability consumed doing it, the whole thing is just annoying. Right now I'll be doing it just 3-5 times more, on two chars, then I hope to never set foot in the place again.

That whole dungeon is a piece of crap. I only run it when it's convenient to do so for the dc.

I've died on my BM a number of times because I got caught behind the tail, on my gunner after using a hook and couldn't rev, and yeah, the first flame or fire frost or whatever the heck it is hits you invisibly out of nowhere for 90kX2 damage. I dunno what the combo ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ is about but it doesn't take any skill to hit the space bar 40 times.

On the left of the boss, there is a sweet spot where you will avoid most of attacks. You will know where to stand since a lot of people exploit this. Even melee can use this.

When the boss is about to knock you back to the wall, if you have a persistent iframe, you can jump into the lava to avoid the knockback. Or if you are a FM/Gunner, you can use your "flying skill" to avoid the knockback too. Or, if you see fire tornadoes, jump into it will proc the same result.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, Kozuki said:

On the left of the boss, there is a sweet spot where you will avoid most of attacks. You will know where to stand since a lot of people exploit this. Even melee can use this.

When the boss is about to knock you back to the wall, if you have a persistent iframe, you can jump into the lava to avoid the knockback. Or if you are a FM/Gunner, you can use your "flying skill" to avoid the knockback too. Or, if you see fire tornadoes, jump into it will proc the same result.

Based on what he/she said, I'm sure Divinehero is well aware of that. The complaint instead is the combo of if you did get knocked back, it can then follow up with the big AoE breath attack, but since it goes into that needless camera shift to set it up, you can't really guide your character back very well, and once the camera is back to the normal place, you're already being roasted. Then in the last time I did this, right after the big knock back that sends you to the back wall, that is followed by that phase with the ice crystals we're suppose to gather, it was followed up by the big AoE breath attack, so while you were still trying to get the ice crystals, you cold have been roasted if you weren't a class that has a personal/team damage resist skill. Also I can't understand how anyone would want to defend that "raid."

Archived