Dungeon roles!

Hestius

I have been looking on the web what role a gunner should have, but sadly i havent found any good/updated ones. it would be nice to know what to actually do in a dungeon, and not drag everyone down. 

As a gunner typically your role is 1) DPS the **** of whatever boss you're fighting and 2) Use alpha call (AC) after soul burn (SB)/blue buff (BB) to reset their cooldowns. Depending on the dungeon there might also be some mechanics that need to be done so you should know what to do or not do, regardless whether you're actually doing them or not. While you are a ranged class, it helps to know the attack patterns of the boss of the dungeon you're running just in case you end up accidentally taking agro (which you will likely do as a gunner). However, if you have a competent tank you can usually bypass this.

Gunner is probably one, if not the highest, dps class of the game. I don't really know about being at the very top but it's easily in the top for sure.. but yes, literally what gunner does is as said above : dps the sh*t out of bosses, and use Alpha Call to reset 'crucial' skills that cannot be reset'd by anything else. (Soulburn, Fighting Spirit, Ressurrection Chi or w/e SF's res is called, etc.)

If you talk about roles as mechanics, then gunner can pretty much do anything as well anyway.. and they're even a good class to do mechs well since they have an insane mobility.

2 hours ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

Gunner is probably one, if not the highest, dps class of the game. I don't really know about being at the very top but it's easily in the top for sure.. but yes, literally what gunner does is as said above : dps the sh*t out of bosses, and use Alpha Call to reset 'crucial' skills that cannot be reset'd by anything else. (Soulburn, Fighting Spirit, Ressurrection Chi or w/e SF's res is called, etc.)

If you talk about roles as mechanics, then gunner can pretty much do anything as well anyway.. and they're even a good class to do mechs well since they have an insane mobility.

Sipping Lotus?

Archived