Celestial Basin Treasure Keys Don't Work Properly if Combined in a Cross-Server Dungeon

Why Bother

One time I combined 10 Celestial Basin Treasure Key fragments to make a key while in that between area you go to before entering the actual dungeon when using the Cross-Server Dungeon system, but when I went back to my server, and to the device near the Celestial Basin camp with the key in my inventory, it wasn't active. I tried changing characters, restarting the game, putting the key in my bank, then removing it, and selling it to a NPC, and buying it back, the device still never activated. Although later when I had another Celestial Basin Treasure Key fragment in my inventory, I noticed the device was active, and I could use that key.

On 5/27/2018 at 6:51 AM, Ludicium said:

It's only accessible during events in CB - ones where the weather changes and the bosses spawn. Could that be why you were/are unable to use it?

I don't believe so, but that whole mechanic of it only being available for the ten minute periods those seemingly generally randomly occurring events is pretty annoying on it's own, especially since we seem to be expected to do peach farming tasks in that time as well. We can only get the key from killing bosses in those limited time periods, so why not just let us use them whenever?

5 hours ago, Why Bother said:

I don't believe so, but that whole mechanic of it only being available for the ten minute periods those seemingly generally randomly occurring events is pretty annoying on it's own, especially since we seem to be expected to do peach farming tasks in that time as well. We can only get the key from killing bosses in those limited time periods, so why not just let us use them whenever?

Hm, that's the mechanics that the devs have introduced so, I'm not too sure why they made it so that it's only accessible during the timed events (which happens between 30-70 minutes depending on how many players are farming peaches). If you're unable to access it during the event, then that in itself would be considered a bug - make sure you have the key though, not the fragments. If however, you're only able to access it during the event, then you're fine - it's not a bug, unless you want to call it a bug, then everyone in CB has that bug too.

Archived