KFM viable for me?

Siara

Hi everyone,

I'm currently playing a low-level KFM but I was wondering if this class is viable for me. I have around 200 ping on average and 25-35fps. This isn't too great I believe? I'd love to see if people with similar outputs play the KFM and if they are doing well. I also have a Soul Fighter which I love so I'm just debating which one will be more useable with my current set-up. All tips and tricks are more than welcome.

im not sure that its a good idea to play KFM with 200+ ping and with that FPS....

ALLOT of KFM ability combos create proc's and changes your abilities that you barely have seconds to use before they disappear....

Thank you for your feedback so far. I've been trying out a KFM and it's around level 23 now. So far I've been able to hit all the LM + 2 + F combo's, use counter properly and see the proc's. I do have the occassional stutter and freeze but so far it's doable. I think lowering my graphic quality will do wonders for my gameplay so I will try that tomorrow as well. PvP is a no-go I figure because I'm just not that good and my ping is too high and fps is too low. 

I've also considered going Soul Fighter but I'm not sure which is more viable. Sure, Soul Fighter has range but to be honest I never fight in range with it so in that regard playing the KFM is more logical. If I'm going to be in the fray anyway I might as well be tanking. That's why I also don't like playing the assassin or the other melee ranged characters much. I love playing ranged classed but I hate the stance switching of the Force Master and my friend already uses a Maestro (Gunner). That leaves the Summoner which I might try out sooner or later but I don't like the aesthetics of the Lynn much so chances are high that it will forever remain an alt.

SF and KFM are pretty similar in ping and fps requirements, so tough call on that decision.

200 ms would be fine for most things but not if you spike to 300+ ms as well. It will always make a difference in PvP if you have higher than optimal ping, but that is independent of class.

Would recommend to tune down graphics so you get at least 40+ fps. I know lowering graphics is a sad step, but can make a difference even with good hard ware . My video card is enough to run everything on max at 60 fps, but still I see a positive impact of optimizing settings for battle in PvP.

If your ping is as high as it is, it might be better to change elements from Wind to Fire. Animation cancelling tends to be pretty big for Wind KFM and the higher the ping, the more difficult it'll be to properly anicancel. Fire is less dependant on anicancelling, so it might be within your best interest to consider trying out Fire.

Also, SF (at least Frost) is less reliant on anicancel, but it can be tricky to play. They did buff the ranged stance, but the melee stance does tend to be where your damage and majority combat comes from. Frost does not rely on anicancel at all, so that'll help. With the right HM skills and soul badges, it's just a matter of holding RMB, hitting F whenever it procs, using V when you have 5 chi stacks and Z for burst. You may occasionally have to stance swap to ranged stance (especially if you want to use your healing ability) but mainly, you can focus on being in melee stance.

Archived