What budget intel cpu for Blade & Soul?

Zaishen

Hi guys, i would like to swich from amd FX8x to intel because the mmo games are working pretty bad with amd, can you recomend me an intel cpu (Second hand DDR3 based if posible, DDR4 is to expensive for me..) for mmorpg wich not bottleneck my gpu? i have this config: 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (MSI Armour)
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (4.4GHZ)
MOBO: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
Memory: 12 GB RAM (11.96 GB RAM usable) (1600) (2X4GB, 2X2GB)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III 
PSU: FSP Rider 650w
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (SSD OCZ ARC 100 120GB SATA-III 2.5 inch)

That means you'd have to switch mobos too. I'd go for a K series i5 cpu that still utilizes DD3 and a B85 chipset since they can now OC with a BIOS revision or 87/97 chipset if you really want to OC. That's a problem there though. You're not running dual or quad channel because you have mismatched memory. Also get an SSD or M.2 for much faster real world speeds or put BNS on it.

Like @Skyhaven said, the game isn't optimized. If this game was something like Far Cry 5 or something else, then maybe it would make a big difference. But this game isn't that sort of game, you can have a rig capable of running most games at max out settings like Far Cry 5 and still have massive lag issues in this game. And it isn't always the hardware, or your own connection that is the problem. I've noticing more and more it being lag associated with NCSoft's side. You maybe able to avoid the issues somewhat by using a ping helper like WTFast or PingZapper, but even them will still experience a lag spike from time to time, which isn't ping related but server side issue it seems. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pft, it's not better. Practical difference (as of in games) between ddr3 and ddr4 is miniscule.

As for the 2xxxk-3xxxk series - not worth it for BnS, while 4770k/4790k are tumbling down in price and still rock the kind of architecture that can drive the game properly (if we low bar enough, since this game can't run properly by design), aka lots of transistors for the kind of math that UE2.5 utilizes most.

As for the "wait" thing - one year of suffering with current rig and you won't even have the desire to play the game by the time you get a brand new top mid-high end pc. Why do you think OP asks for suggestions now? Obviously not cause he's playing comfortably atm and he doesn't want to put up with the annoyance any further, but still upgrade in a sensible manner. So don't give him the techpowerup newbie treatment...

[edit]In fact, it's more than likely that we won't be seeing any groundbreaking latency and speed improvements until we see the photonic I/O system make it's debut. And that will not happen for commercial components in at least the next 5 years.

Archived