Some SF gearing questions

Spyroxion

Hello guys. So I am a returning player so a lot of things are a bit new or confusing to me so I've decided to ask here for some help :D 

So, I am lvling new character - SF, almost done with story (Act 6, damn it is taking a while to do everything but nwm) and after that will need to start working on gearing up. To begin with, I have now soul stage 8, pet stage 6 and badge from ToI, got a lot of materials left, gold and will trove hard (want to whale a bit to catch up to nowadays standards so that wouldn't have problems getting into parties). Now what leaves me confused is accessories. Which ones for which slot I should get? Which ones to get after them? And what upgrade paths I should take?

Also, I am not planing to do it any time soon (unless trove gods will bless me with tons of oils), but i saw that souls now has 2 upgrade paths, which one is for ice build PvE SF? 

Thank you for your answers!

here we go again

bt elemental accesories (skybreak spire), bracelet from naryu sanctum (divine dragon), hm rmb/frost storm/chi burst/counter for ice, and you want to have hm lmb for earth. i dont know what badge you talking about but if its sagewood, thats good, but you need some raven gear to maintain focus for that. sf uses long cd soul until leg badge combinations, thats a long road ahead so stick with that. after stage10 the outcome is rng, if you get 8sec, swap to 1min. its all about that burst :) a lot of sf's are playing with short cd soul with non-legendary badges, dont go that path, its useless.

on bnstree.com theres a bunch of upcoming news regarding the class getting reworked, im not sure when the patch hits our region, and how will it affect us gear-wise, it will cause various rotation changes thats certain, so look out for that, raven gear is the goal to begin with, that wont change.  goodluck

#if you play ice and your toi badge is not sagewood, use blue moon with pulse mystic badge.

15 minutes ago, Inanhesh said:

here we go again

bt elemental accesories (skybreak spire), bracelet from naryu sanctum (divine dragon), hm rmb/frost storm/chi burst/counter for ice, and you want to have hm lmb for earth. i dont know what badge you talking about but if its sagewood, thats good, but you need some raven gear to maintain focus for that. sf uses long cd soul until leg badge combinations, thats a long road ahead so stick with that. after stage10 the outcome is rng, if you get 8sec, swap to 1min. its all about that burst :) a lot of sf's are playing with short cd soul with non-legendary badges, dont go that path, its useless.

on bnstree.com theres a bunch of upcoming news regarding the class getting reworked, im not sure when the patch hits our region, and how will it affect us gear-wise, it will cause various rotation changes thats certain, so look out for that, raven gear is the goal to begin with, that wont change.  goodluck

#if you play ice and your toi badge is not sagewood, use blue moon with pulse mystic badge.

Thank you for partly answering the question. I will note this for end game but what I want to know, on what to start gearing after done with main story. With story gear and just upgraded baleful weapon (I'll go as high as  I can with current mats + 500 trove keys when it launches. Just are the accessories in 21st Trove from BT?). I will have quest accessories so i won't jump to BT or NS instantly.

And yes I have blue moon badge (not at home couldn't check and forgot name).

And also, which soul path is for SF PvE?

After main story you will want to have :

- purple elemental ring from Desolate tomb and the legendary necklace if you ever see it

- purple elemental earring from Naryu sanctum and the legendary bracelet if you ever see it.

- legendary belt from Naryu foundry if you ever see it.

And  most of the time the short soul that is better for long fights/raids. The long one is for bursting in whales vs whales or TOI.

Let me add that after you reach level 55, you should have the blue quest 'Dead refuses to die' (in your letters) that gives you just enough draken cores to get a legendary accessory of your choice.

You keep that for bracelet and you do Naryu Sanctum 10 times to unlock the achievement to buy the bracelet at Zaiwai with the cores because a lot of dps on it.

16 hours ago, Riss77 said:

Let me add that after you reach level 55, you should have the blue quest 'Dead refuses to die' (in your letters) that gives you just enough draken cores to get a legendary accessory of your choice.

You keep that for bracelet and you do Naryu Sanctum 10 times to unlock the achievement to buy the bracelet at Zaiwai with the cores because a lot of dps on it.

One last question I forgot to include. What is best PvE soul shield set up for SF? Full Raven soul shield set?

It's always the ones from the latest raid, so currently the Champion Soul shield, but you can start collecting the Raven soul shields.

You'll get the Raven 1,2,3 sould shields from completing the blue quest that ask you to complete the 3 mini raids of weekly challenge (Dawn of Khanda Vihar, Fallen Aransu school, Snowjade Fortress).

nowadays all classes benefits more with 8/8 ss so its the same situation for us as well.  ive recently learnt info about the upcoming changes so for the future, 8 sec cd soul (ascending and cosmic after) will be the meta for sf, since the focus chi cooldown will be reduced by half.   

checking rankings (f11) also helps, choose your class ranking and check various pvp-pve content top rankings, you can get information about what people mostly use.

Archived