Update of the Game Engine

CookieDAce

Hi,

hopefully someone of the Dev's will read this!

Is there any possibity for an update of the game engine? I know useing the Unreal Engine 4 will basicly mean to build the game from scrach. But what about the DirectX version?

The used Unreal Engine 3 is capable of useing DirectX 10 and 11, but its still useing DirectX 9c, the core code is from 2007. An update on a newer Version could help with some performance issues.

Someone with better knowlege of game engines told me that he had a look on the used engine, there are by now already some problems, becasue some part like the Z buffer (can't remember the excact name) are calculated by the CPU, but the GPU could handle it better. This should be one of the reasons for the FPS drops. Maybe there are other things aswell, which could be better handleed by the GPU instead of the CPU.

Is there any possibily that NC Soft/ Team Bloodlust will make an update for the game engine and optimize the game?

Or maybe an update of the DirecX Verison of the game (at least like an Option to use a higher version in the laucher like its done with the 64 bit client).

Another interesting point would be the Anti- Aliasing. The implemented Anti- Aliasing just blurres a bit, is there any possibity to implement better Antialiasing?

Hopefully this is read by someone who can give some answeres or maybe get some answers from NC / Team Bloodlust!

With regards

CookieDAce

P.S.

Sorry for my englsih, but its not my native language. :)

They have problems as is to make proper updates without breaking anything, you think they are capable of an engine upgrade?

You have bigger chances for Trumps Wall to be build than the game engine upgrade.

I know, but i guess this problem is related to the base client!

As far as i know and as far as the official announcement were made, we have a modified version of the chinese client!

The chinese client is a modified version of the origional korean client.

So summarized we have a modified version od a modified version of the actual game client!

I can imagine thats the reason that we have so many patch/ update related problem.

But this is not the reason for the actual performance issues we have in the game by now!

My idea was just related to the actual performance issues! Of cause it would be better if we would just have a translated version of the korean client

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 2:43 PM, HateMe said:

They have problems as is to make proper updates without breaking anything, you think they are capable of an engine upgrade?

You have bigger chances for Trumps Wall to be build than the game engine upgrade.

say that again? LUL

Archived