Frost FM gear questions

xMajix

So I played back in Feb '16 when game was newer. I stopped right before the level 50 increase so only played FM Frost back then. I loved it, and I love it now still.  Looking for gear suggestions(Mystic/Soul Badges/Soul Shields) for this build. I have no intention of being Fire, so would I even need to work toward any HM skills since they pretty much benefit Fire?

Any info would be helpful so I can focus on what to farm.

Ty

For soulshields avoid BT soulshields unless you want to play 6v6 or until they buff it (and they will)

Get 5set MSP soulshields and 3set of something that gives you crit damage, like xanos soulshields. And keep them until you can get VT soulshields

Mystic badge revelation is the best so far for pve

Soul badge get magnum asap and then fuse it with the purple soul badge

An alternative build would be to go full VT, with legendary mystic badge and purple+lime soul badges. But its too early for this build

Hm skills: get HM 2 and you're set. Maybe HM impact stage 1 too. 

Sephy answered most of it, but for fused soul badge, you have a few options. You can go limitless or undying (or arcana, but strongly suggest against it at this point). Limitless is more useful right now for the coldsnap cd reduction, but since Taechun ss 3-set will make the cd reduction obsolete, Undying will be BiS. So that's up to you, you can go limitless if you don't mind defusing and refusing the badge once you get the new ss.

• 2 weeks later...
Am 10.2.2018 um 00:33 schrieb MrBubbles:

Sephy answered most of it, but for fused soul badge, you have a few options. You can go limitless or undying (or arcana, but strongly suggest against it at this point). Limitless is more useful right now for the coldsnap cd reduction, but since Taechun ss 3-set will make the cd reduction obsolete, Undying will be BiS. So that's up to you, you can go limitless if you don't mind defusing and refusing the badge once you get the new ss.

You mentioned the right badges but it's the other way. Undying is the best now and with the next raid ss Limitless will be the best.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb redthrasher:

Hi. A short question. Why do I need HM 2? I don't seem to run out of focus during cold snap. 

Well, you don't need it at all costs but you will most likely run out of focus sometimes. 1 beam without HM skill costs 2 focus during cold snap. If it crits you get 1 focus back. You can spam at max. 2.5 times per second. That's 2.5 focus cost per second if everything crits. Cold snap also gives you 3 focus every 2s. Together it means you will lose 1 focus every second if everything crits. For every non-crit you will lose 1 additional focus. If you got a soul which provides 2 focus per second it's not much of a deal. Even with a soul which gives you 1 focus per second it's no problem. But you won't have your soul up always if you need it so you will lose focus. You also can't rely on weapon chi regeneration.

So in the end normally you shouldn't run out of focus very fast but you will sooner or later especially if you don't have the gear for high crit rate. No BT earring, higher weapon and not above 55% crit rate from shields will make your crit rate stay not as high as you want it. The Hm skill isn't needed to play the build but sooner or later it's very recommended because spamming beam is where your damage comes from and if you can't do that, well, you know. The next raid ring will remove the focus problem during soulburn because it gives focus every second but everyone who can care about that content won't miss the HM skill for sure.

Archived