Disable Bland & soul TV

DirectorTseng

When ever blade and soul TV is on air FPS drops and Ping skyrockets. Trying to do VT and almost everyone is lagging to the point orbs are being missed and it is leading to constant wipes. Normally I run low to mid 100's ping wise, but as soon as BnS TV comes on that ping skyrockets to well over 200 and the FPS drops to 11 and under. 

There needs to be the ability to disable it completely. If I'm going to watch the stream i'm going to watch it on twitch when i'm not in game, and personally I don't give 2 flips about battle brawls and the PVP matches.. so why does our entire game need to lag and become almost unplayable for a PVP only a very small handful of people care about. 

Do you have someone else on your internet connection -- or maybe someone around you is watching it?   AFAIK, it shouldn't affect your FPS or pings anymore than YT does when they have new video's available.  My pings are usually over 200 though though FPS really depends on how many objects are in my view -- if may monsters, I may be updating their visuals, if many people -- same thing, especially if they are moving around alot (as you would in combat).  How much resolution do you use?  Do you try the battle settings, or "auto", even -- optimize for low-end PC's -- see if they make any difference.

But only way I can see a video slowing you down is if someone else is on your network connect, or if you were watching it and just minimize it (haven't ever noticed the symptoms you are seeing, but could be things are already so slow, I don't notice a slight slowdown? 

Good luck...

Only 11 fps? please that nothing my average fps is 19-20 in combat and if My fps drops it 9-13.....U must be playing nice huh and my ping is 120-160 as well and you see me complaining?? VT always had bad optimization so it prob that.

10 hours ago, Astarae said:

Do you have someone else on your internet connection -- or maybe someone around you is watching it?   AFAIK, it shouldn't affect your FPS or pings anymore than YT does when they have new video's available.  My pings are usually over 200 though though FPS really depends on how many objects are in my view -- if may monsters, I may be updating their visuals, if many people -- same thing, especially if they are moving around alot (as you would in combat).  How much resolution do you use?  Do you try the battle settings, or "auto", even -- optimize for low-end PC's -- see if they make any difference.

But only way I can see a video slowing you down is if someone else is on your network connect, or if you were watching it and just minimize it (haven't ever noticed the symptoms you are seeing, but could be things are already so slow, I don't notice a slight slowdown? 

Good luck...

8 hours ago, F A M E said:

Only 11 fps? please that nothing my average fps is 19-20 in combat and if My fps drops it 9-13.....U must be playing nice huh and my ping is 120-160 as well and you see me complaining?? VT always had bad optimization so it prob that.

Did both of you just skim? I said the entire raid.. that means people that normally dont have issues in VT were suddenly lagging up. The day prior we ran it as a training run and no one was having issues, next day for the official run the entire raid is running 200+ ping... The difference blade and soul tv was on.

This happens every time they broad cast in game. Its unnecessary and only bogs down an already unstable server.

2 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Did both of you just skim? I said the entire raid.. that means people that normally dont have issues in VT were suddenly lagging up. The day prior we ran it as a training run and no one was having issues, next day for the official run the entire raid is running 200+ ping... The difference blade and soul tv was on.

This happens every time they broad cast in game. Its unnecessary and only bogs down an already unstable server.

The phrasing was unclear -- in multiple ways.

I don't know that the video server is the same server as the game server.  For me, I wouldn't think they would be.  However, it still may be adding to network load for some people.  I don't know how it is implemented.   Sorry -- I've never seen the problem you are experiencing, but my baseline ping is almost double yours to start with so it might be harder for me to see a difference.

Good luck

Archived