We can fit 5 new classes in... but how?

SilverFoxR

Hey, all!

With rumours spreading around of 2 new classes in the game data in Korean version ("Archer" and "Warrior"), I was curious into seeing what element combination they could fit. After mapping out the 6 elements and their potential combinations, I came to the conclusion that, unless a new element is added to the game, they have the capability to add 5 classes total to fill the remaining elemental combos:

Fire/Earth

Lightning/Earth

Lightning/Frost

Wind/Frost

Wind/Shadow

Seeing as the current ideas implemented into the game seem to involve taking existing weapon types in-game and making classes out of them (as we've seen from Gunslinger and the possible upcoming "Archer"), it's logical that the potential "Warrior" is likely one of the three remaining weapon types we see from NPC enemies (Spear, Sword & Shield and Hand Axes). With that, we can fill up 4 of those 5 slots.

So, I leave this up to to discussion... which element combinations do you think would fit the four potential weapons in-game? Additionally, if a 5th class was announced with a whole new weapon type, what would you like to see... and which of the remaining elemental combo would they have?

Personally, I'd probably like to see it like this:

Fire/Earth - Sword & Shield

Lightning/Earth - Staff (as in bo staff)

Lightning/Frost - Spear

Wind/Frost - Hand Axes

Wind/Shadow - Archer

Again, I leave it up for you to think of your own combos and classes. Let's see what we can come up with!

Assuming new classes will continue to be released some time in future, then we actually only have two more choices of elements: Wind/Ice and Earth/Lightning.

The reason is to balance the demand on certain element and class-specific weapon materials from Raven King/Hive Queen. For now, the release Gunner has tipped off the balance of 9 classes, with the scale leaning toward Fire/Shadow and Ferocity/Rancor that are now available for 4 classes, while other elements and weapon materials only have 3. So no more combo that involved Fire and Shadow. That leaves us with Ice, Earth, Lightning and Wind to shuffle around.

We need two more classes to re-balance the situation. One of the element combo will use Energy/Barb, while another will use Animus/Husk. However, like I said above, we can only have Ice/Wind and Earth/Lightning in order to not cause unbalance in element accessory demand, while still provide new element build. We cannot have Ice/Lightning, because it will make another combo being Earth/Wind, which we already have (a.k.a Summoner).

Kozuki raises a valuable point, and it still contributes to the discussion of "what we think could happen in the future." 

I'd, personally, really love to see an Archer class but I'm not particularly interested in any of the others made out of pre-existing weapons. I'd kinda like to see a brand new class entirely, and I'd like to see one that's Yun-exclusive, as they're the only race that don't have an exclusive class. In all honestly, I don't really expect either to happen.

BUT, I could see Archers filling the Earth/Lightning spot & the Animus/Husk weapon mats. In my perfect world we'd get some kind of fan-wielding Yun-only class that could use Frost/Wind & the Energy/Barb.

• 3 months later...

Welp, Warrior is a certainty now (giant sword class) which I like, giant swords, that's the dream xD

Archer is almost a certainty as far as the online discussion goes.

I really want to see a spear using class, like Cu Chulainn from Fate, or Karna xD

I wouldn't mind seeing a Scythe wielding class either, but I doubt that's going to happen. Spear just makes more sense.

Archived