Stop Crying, Learn Poharan Mechanics

NatsumiChan

I can see EVERYWHERE that people are crying because of the new Poharan event. I just want to tell all of you, i've never lost a single Dragon Blood in the dungeon. Let me tell you, only thing what you need is for this dungeon is brain. And some class.

Let's start it,

Team set-up:

Best: - 1 WL

- 1 BB

- 1 Tank

- 1 Resist

- 2 Grab (Best)  / 1 Grab & 1 Healer (Good) / 1 Grab & 1 DPS (Okay)

Good: - 1 WL/ 1 Grab/ 1 BB (2 of these should be in the party)

- 1 Tank

- 1 Resist

- Rest DPS

OK:     - 1 WL/1 Grab/ 1 BB ( at least one of these)

- 1 Tank

- 1 Resist

Advice: Use Mild Dumpling: 4.500 HP, 450 Defense, 450 Health Regen, Heroic Friendship Charm: Critical 200, Defense 200, Health Regen 2000, On critical hit 40 Life drain, Bruiser Charm: 10 AP, Nayru Coin: you can buy Dragon blood with that.

1st Boss: Gate Keeper:

Roles that you need:

- Tank

- Resist

Good to have

- WL

- BB

- Grab

2 best way to kill a boss:

1st: you pull the boss and the adds together and then AOE them fast so you can only focus on the adds.

2nd: For this you need an FM or a BD, the BD/FM will use Grab, bring one of the adds away from everyone and on that add use Unconscious skill. Then you only focus on 1 add and the boss and kill the other add at the end of the fight.

Mechanics:

The boss will jump one and after that he will use Projectiles attack. Stack together and with Assassin/Summoner/FM etc. just resist it. After that he will use 3 heat attacks. Best way to block it with Destroyer/FM or you can also use BD/BM resist. Also a good way is to use Summoner/Assassin party stealth but it can only resist 2 attack so you have to SS/Solo resist the 3rd heat attack. The OK way is everyone solo resist every heat attacks. After that the boss will swim towards the tank, use block to stop him.

2nd Boss: Chef:

Just dps and cc the boss whenever you can. When she uses the Timer Bomb attack, just party resist it. She will spawn an add. Best way: Unconscious the add, Good: + Tank for add who can dps while tanking the add/Summoner cat, OK: just AOE CC the boss and the add at the same time. The add is a single CC add so everyone can CC it.

3rd Boss: Annoying Force Master:

CC the boss whenever you can, careful with the boss AOE attack on the ground. When add spawn you can either kill it or just unconscious it, it has only around 300k HP.

4th Boss: Loli Queen Poharan:

Roles:

- Tank

- Lever

- Range tank

Good to have:

- WL/Grab/BB

- Healer

- Resist

Attacks: There are 2 attacks that you must remember.

1st: Air attack: At this attack Poharan will air the tank and deal massive DMG to him but she is CC able. Try to cc her as fast as you can and if you have grab then grab her.

2nd: AOE Ring: Poharan will jump to the middle and put down a bomb. She will step on it and it will create a ring attack staring from the inside goes outside, and after that from outside it fill come towards inside again. Either you can ss or solo resist it or use party iframe.

Any other attack: You can try to CC most of the attack if you want and grab her so you can get more DPS or just ignore it and dodge it.

Mechanics:

Ice Phase: At first 60% Poharan will jump to the middle. The game will write a message: The steam vents has reached maximum pressure. Either at the left side or the right side the vents will start steaming and one of the lever will be useable.

Standing:

There are vents at: 12/1/3/4/6/7/9/10 o'clock. As i just mentioned before only half of the side will turn on. Which ever side is turned on you can see it just checking which lever are usable. (You have to watch is as it's on the map so where the Poharan's Camp text, that side is North)

Right side turned on: Teams stands at 3 o'clock, tank can stand at 60% either at 1 o'clock or 4 o'clock. (When the adds spawn down the Range tank has to stand either at 1 or 4 o'clock NOT together with the tank. Like this: Tank 1 o'clock, Team: 3 o'clock, Range tank: 4 o'clock)

Left side turned on: Teams stands at 9 o'clock, tank can stand at 60% either at 10 o'clock or 7 o'clock. (Same as other side sharing the vents)

Roles:

- Lever: Lot of people think the levers are bugging but no they are not bugging. You have to time it because if you turn them on they will give you resist only for around 4 seconds. You kinda have to listen the PI PI PI PI background sound to time it. Just need some time and try it.

- Tank: As i mentioned before the tank shouldn't stand with the team at ice phase. The boss will shoot AOE bombs that last for more than 10 seconds. She will use that before the ice bomb will explode so if you manage to move like that you can "bait away" the aoe bombs and then stack with teams. (but standing alone is better because if you messed up you could kill your party)

Adds Phase:

Poharan will spawn down 2 cute Tiger. I do not recommend to kill them because both of it has 2.000.000+ HP and it would take too much time. You can either ignore them and take the dmg from them (They hit quiet a lot) OR use a range tank

- Range Tank: Attack the adds and try to deal like 1% dmg of both add HP and then just run with them around. While you are running try to DPS the boss as much as you can. When ice phase is try not to stand with the party. (Just recommend, easier to survive)

When the Adds spawned down only the range tank should attack them

Hope i could help with this and also hope that you will stop crying now and clear this dungeon.

My favorite set up is:

With friends/Clan (So you can use Voice Chat)

1. Blade Master

2. Assassin

3. Warlock

4. Force Master

5. Blade Dancer

6. Destroyer

Why: You have all the buff and also 2 grab which is A LOT of DPS and you also have a lot of resist.

Good luck with the dungeon, keep farming it guys!

I don't say it's worth or anything. But i kinda had enough that people are crying that NCSoft are bad, fix dungeon, bug, too hard etc. With this at least people will know a little bit more about the dungeon and they can't keep crying it's hard and bugging.

This event it better for lower gear players. Ofc pain in the a** but lower geared ppl can't clear IF yet. Even if they clear it probably they won't have the gold to get it. Last event was both for the higher and lower geared ppl but with this they try to help the lower geared ppl even if it's just a tiny help. U can't expect that HM7-8 ppl will multi IF and get Hexa from that

Low geared players should not focus on obsidians... just saying. Farming materials is waaaaaaay more important on that part. And you can't expect a low level new player to do that dungeon.. They probably won't handle the difficulty.

Well, if what I said didn't change your mind, so be it.. You're not exactly wrong on what you said.. but I still don't agree on that difficulty for a event dungeon that is supposed to be spammed.

Well also good way to get soul shield, for higher gear ppl the PVP one, lower geared ppl can get Raven ss, u can see a lot that ppl can't find raid cuz they have bad gear. At least if they have 5-8 Set BT they have the chance to get it. Anyway i wouldn't spam this dungeon either. Just wanted to help those who had no idea about the dungeon and either they want to spam it for obsi or just getting outfit.

My friends and me are a static group of BM, FM, SUM, SF and two gunners. No soulburn, no blue buff unfortunately. We know mechs from back then and even did well at the first three bosses but we barely managed to kill poharan. We failed countless times not because of her mechs but due to the really unforgiving enragetimer. Not every group has buffs and this dungeon should at least be doable as a full six-man-party with every setup of classes. We wiped several times with Poh having less than 3% of her health. Please nerf the enragetimer just a little bit and this event will be fun for a lot more people.

Archived