Trading channel - to keep /f free of spam?

SixtyNine

Why doesn't this game have a trading channel?

We do have f5, yet it's impossible to keep people from trying to sell their items on public channels. They will keep spamming here and disturb the order of a channel intended for something entirely different. Punishing people that try selling on /f chat to keep it clean would be unwise and futile.

Even I have bought from /f chat, sometimes more than I buy from f5. Not necessarily because it's cheaper (since they want to avoid the market fee) but because sometimes you don't even realize you need something until someone advertises it.

Even though I agree and am not against the fact that people sell their stuff on a public chat, I sometimes wish to follow an interesting conversation that happens on faction which gets spammed by sales.

So the most logical solution is to create a public chat intended for trade only, and only then start punishing the people who spam it on faction, region, etc. as well.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because if you make a trade channnel it wont get as much attention as faction chat does.

And in all honesty the only thing that would get rid of the spam would be if they made premium reduce the selling fee on marketplace by 100% .

Trading channels work just fine, at least they used to. Lineage 2 has a trade channel that worked as it was supposed to until the Brazilian population of the game decided that was now their shout channel. Before that it was the main shout channel to find armor and weapons being sold as shops could create a macro that shouted for them even if they were AFK. 

Archived