Why does my FPS drop so badly with a gtx 1080?

Gjunki

I saw a video on some guy playing blade and soul and he played the game on Ultra settings at 4k resolution without any hiccups at all for a solid hour. I have a gtx 1080 and a 3770k cpu and I can barely play for a minute without getting huge FPS drops. Like from 120 FPS to 28 in a matter of milliseconds then it stabilizes again to 100ish. How do I get rid of these frame drops? It makes the game unplayable honestly especially doing hard content where I need every frame to count.

3 minutes ago, noobhere said:

I've read about this problem before, and it's said that this game is highly CPU dependent. And yes it must be because your GPU just can't be the issue, it can't.

I have a 3770k CPU and I used to play this game back in the day on my GTX 680. All of a sudden its a problem? How do I diagnose this? 

11 hours ago, noobhere said:

In this case maybe your GPU doesnt work well with your CPU.

I highly doubt that, I play every other game with ease such as BF1 and Witcher 3 which are way more demanding than Bns. Could be something else... that I know for a fact.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I've heard that server does a small part of your graphic calculations, so that suggests your internet stability and speed might affect your FPS in someway too. Makes sense since your client has to "freeze" the game on your side until client gets the information needed from the server to continue, making it look like you suffer FPS drops all the time.

On 2017. 11. 28. at 6:30 PM, Gjunki said:

I saw a video on some guy playing blade and soul and he played the game on Ultra settings at 4k resolution without any hiccups at all for a solid hour. I have a gtx 1080 and a 3770k cpu and I can barely play for a minute without getting huge FPS drops. Like from 120 FPS to 28 in a matter of milliseconds then it stabilizes again to 100ish. How do I get rid of these frame drops? It makes the game unplayable honestly especially doing hard content where I need every frame to count.

I had this problem on my Amd setup but my drops were stronger like 60 fps to 5 then back up again i managed to fix it with underclocking the cpu then my fps was stable 40~ then now half year later i changed my mother board only and now my fps is fix 91 evrywhere so take look in your motherboard first also i hope you are using 16gb ram becouse 8 is not enough the problem is 99 % in the motherboard or not enough ram

I've noticed this problem as well -- Also GTX1080 w/a 3.2GHz Xeon 6134(Gold)-8core.  One thing that I've noticed w/this game, is that

it ignores the NVIDIA control panel settings.  Used to be by adjusting those, I could get a consistent frame rate, but now those

setting just seem to be ignored even though CLIENT.EXE has its own entry in the games menu.  I am wondering if the DRM solution is locking things like the Nvidia ctl panel out from making graphics changes? 

BTW,  for RAM -- have about 32GB of that and its never even close to used up.

Archived