Suddenly, laptop is extremely laggy. Please help!

SilverFoxR

Hey all!

So, my girlfriend is having a problem with her laptop. She's been able to play BnS for a while now, but ever since roughly 1-2 weeks ago, it's been gradually getting laggier and laggier to the point where she can barely play. She's tried using pingzapper, but even then, the game is virtually unplayable for her. We're wondering if it has something to do with the last patch, or if it's something more serious, but for the most part, she's unable to do anything save for a little crafting here and there.

For the record, her laptop uses AMD and Intel i7 chips/cards and has been easily able to run the game for over a year up to this point.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Various player (including me) had horrible ping issue after the AWS server migration, someone said that could be our ISP routing to reach the new server location.

Anyway a lot of people has the same issue right know.

Plus there were Ddos attack....

So it could be the sum of both

Hey!

Thanks for the info, although I don't really know if either of those are the case currently. See, both of us often play in the same room on our respective laptops and she has issues where I do not. Mind you, my laptop is newer and better built for gaming, but I digress.

Also, as an additional update, we were trying to figure some things out online and did a speed test for both our laptops and the results were... interesting. While ping and upload speeds were almost identical... my download speed was in the 40s... while her's could barely break 4. Starting to think that there's a major issue there. Gonna check some things, but if anyone has any more advice, I'd be glad to hear it =3

29 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

It appears that we have (at least for the time being) fixed the issue. Seems there were issues with the wireless router and we were able to up the signal strength a bit. Thanks for all the tips though =D

thats why i never play online game wireless. I use an Ethernet cable so i wont get no interference that will cause connectivity issue.

Archived