Fix this already

NineArt

8bsYmDq.jpg

And before you even comment your thoughts and expertise on arena just know the minimum gain in arena is 7 points and also my entire team in that match is a team full of golds and the team we matched against was a team with a gold and silver + silver. The gold player in that team is the one abusing this bug not me. Can't believe had to edit this just to inform many of you of this......

What is this BS that has been going on for weeks and no fix...Why are arena bugs never included on "Known issues"? This has been so unmotivating past weeks. Win get 3 rank points and lose 20+ points with a single loss. How are we supposed to climb like this in a dead que .  And many players are abusing this bug intentionally. 

What is this BS that has been going on for weeks and no fix...Why are arena bugs never included on "Known issues"? This has been so unmotivating past weeks. Win get 3 rank points and lose 20+ points with a single loss. How are we supposed to climb like this in a dead que. And many players are abusing this bug intentionally. 

I really hope you are joking about this. But anyways, I'll explain why this is happening.

By probable chance of who will win in this game, there is a high high chance that you will win by probability based on your rank compared to this. This happens in other ranked games where higher ranked players have a higher artificial chance of winning, therefore if they do win, they get less of a reward since they had the high probable chance of winning. If you were to lose, it would make sense why you would lose so much. If you were to lose to a silver, this is called an underdog win, where the player that has little to no chance of winning against you just based on rank, they will get a huge reward for being able to beat the odds of the match. And since you would be more than likely based on odds to win, losing the game gives you a far greater loss as you're expected to win. 

tl;dr the difference in ranks shown here gives you an artificial much much higher chance of winning this game, therefore since you won, you get less rewarded than you would have gotten based on a game that is much more balanced ( I mean as in if it was a person near your ranking). If you would lose this type of game where you have the higher probably chance of winning, you will lose more.

It's very simple honestly and kind of surprised people still don't know that rankings work this way. You can't just expect to be rewarded 30 points for beating a person who is 200 ranking points lower than you, since you more than likely have the win in the bag, no matter what the other player does. If the rankings was like that, people would have been abusing this shit for a very long time. 

42 minutes ago, BananaNinja said:

I really hope you are joking about this. But anyways, I'll explain why this is happening.

By probable chance of who will win in this game, there is a high high chance that you will win by probability based on your rank compared to this. This happens in other ranked games where higher ranked players have a higher artificial chance of winning, therefore if they do win, they get less of a reward since they had the high probable chance of winning. If you were to lose, it would make sense why you would lose so much. If you were to lose to a silver, this is called an underdog win, where the player that has little to no chance of winning against you just based on rank, they will get a huge reward for being able to beat the odds of the match. And since you would be more than likely based on odds to win, losing the game gives you a far greater loss as you're expected to win. 

tl;dr the difference in ranks shown here gives you an artificial much much higher chance of winning this game, therefore since you won, you get less rewarded than you would have gotten based on a game that is much more balanced ( I mean as in if it was a person near your ranking). If you would lose this type of game where you have the higher probably chance of winning, you will lose more.

It's very simple honestly and kind of surprised people still don't know that rankings work this way. You can't just expect to be rewarded 30 points for beating a person who is 200 ranking points lower than you, since you more than likely have the win in the bag, no matter what the other player does. If the rankings was like that, people would have been abusing this shit for a very long time. 

You clearly....never arena before? If you did you would know what the problem is here. I know how the arena point awards work, the problem here is the gain of 1 point. Do you seriously think I climbed my way up getting 1 point matchs? Originally in arena you're supposed to gain a minimum of at least 7 points awarded in a victory match but tag match is bugged and you get this shty result after a 10 min match. Waste of time. 

If you're going against people who are 1500-1550, why should you be losing? Considering that you climbed super high to the 1700+ range and still getting silvers must mean your teammates are hella low elo. Maybe you should queue with your teammates on an alt or something to help them rank up and you won't get the 1-5 point wins from silvers, unless you guys are doing the "super secret strat" that when you queue with a bronze or silver player you get 20+ points from someone who's 1600 and you're 1700. I don't see how it's a "bug" per se, but I think it's just the game compensating for no one around your elo range lol

image.png 

edit: had to find the right picture, you see that the elo difference is like probably like 100-120 in this lol, but i dont think you should get awarded more than 5 points for such an elo discrepancy

49 minutes ago, NineArt said:

You clearly....never arena before? If you did you would know what the problem is here. I know how the arena point awards work, the problem here is the gain of 1 point. Do you seriously think I climbed my way up getting 1 point matchs? Originally in arena you're supposed to gain a minimum of at least 7 points awarded in a victory match but tag match is bugged and you get this shty result after a 10 min match. Waste of time. 

I've actually arena'd various times before. I'd suggest if you want to get more than 1 point, stop trying to abuse silver team queues and expecting to get 30+ points from it and queue in your rank so you can actually climb. Like I said before if you would have read my response, the amount you can gain is based on the DIFFERENCE in your ranking versus your opponents rankings. If you are queueing against nothing but silvers, you should expect to get little to nothing in point gain with a 200+ point difference. If you were to queue in your own ranking like you should be doing, then you would be gaining the original amount of points around 10-20. I don't understand what you're complaining for, because THIS is how rankings work. You can't just expect to be bosses to top 5 from playing nothing but mediocre to bad players. Be a little sane please, it isn't that hard to understand. Queue in your own rank or keep on complaining about the 1 point gains in a ranking you shouldn't even be queueing in.

I'd also like to point out that this happens in more than just 3v3, so I doubt that there is an actual set amount of minimum points you're supposed to get. I've gotten a 2 point gain from WWV after winning 4 matches with over 75 points each. Unless you can provide actual credible evidence that it's supposed to be a 7 point min gain, there's no way I can believe your word.

e867fd263eb819c08ebcff3c5f7ad47a.png

• Amraith changed the title to Fix this already
15 hours ago, NineArt said:

8bsYmDq.jpg

What is this BS that has been going on for weeks and no fix...Why are arena bugs never included on "Known issues"? This has been so unmotivating past weeks. Win get 3 rank points and lose 20+ points with a single loss. How are we supposed to climb like this in a dead que .  And many players are abusing this bug intentionally. 

What is this BS that has been going on for weeks and no fix...Why are arena bugs never included on "Known issues"? This has been so unmotivating past weeks. Win get 3 rank points and lose 20+ points with a single loss. How are we supposed to climb like this in a dead que. And many players are abusing this bug intentionally. 

The only thing that I see here, you who is abusing the arena by queuing against low ranked people by making your team of low silver while you high rank.

Your team will get punished for that btw, your team will get 1 point as well because of you.

And you know what , I like how the system work here by punishing low silver and high golds like you who win games by grinding on noobs by rewarding you with almost 0 points.

If you want to get a 15+ points in your win, then get team around your rank and queue don't bring some silvers and try to get high lmao.

But just don't lose your rank when you have match against team in your power ;)

Btw that not bug and doesn't need fix, it fair trade for people who like you that want to grinds noobs.

14 hours ago, nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said:

If you're going against people who are 1500-1550, why should you be losing? Considering that you climbed super high to the 1700+ range and still getting silvers must mean your teammates are hella low elo. Maybe you should queue with your teammates on an alt or something to help them rank up and you won't get the 1-5 point wins from silvers, unless you guys are doing the "super secret strat" that when you queue with a bronze or silver player you get 20+ points from someone who's 1600 and you're 1700. I don't see how it's a "bug" per se, but I think it's just the game compensating for no one around your elo range lol

image.png 

edit: had to find the right picture, you see that the elo difference is like probably like 100-120 in this lol, but i dont think you should get awarded more than 5 points for such an elo discrepancy

SMH do you guys even arena if you did you would know the minimum points is 7 points per win no matter what. And right now its a bug since this has not been happening for about a month long and it was never announced in a patch note. 

29 minutes ago, Valiant said:

The only thing that I see here, you who is abusing the arena by queuing against low ranked people by making your team of low silver while you high rank.

Your team will get punished for that btw, your team will get 1 point as well because of you.

And you know what , I like how the system work here by punishing low silver and high golds like you who win games by grinding on noobs by rewarding you with almost 0 points.

If you want to get a 15+ points in your win, then get team around your rank and queue don't bring some silvers and try to get high lmao.

But just don't lose your rank when you have match against team in your power ;)

Btw that not bug and doesn't need fix, it fair trade for people who like you that want to grinds noobs.

I'm not the one abusing the game rofl, my entire team was gold but we got matched against a team that had 2 silvers and 1 gold. The gold player in that team is the one abusing the bug because he gets matched against us at the chance of only losing a point while if he wins against us he will get a ton more. SMH do you guys even arena if you did you would know the minimum points is 7 points per win no matter what. And right now its a bug since this has not been happening for about a month long and it was never announced in a patch note. And I know its a bug because I and everyone who sleeps in arena knows how its done and they will tell you its a bug. It's not caused by rank difference just to let you know. and no one wants to waste their time grinding noobs especially towards the end of the season when we need to rank up. And just because you get matched against a team that is way lower than you doesn't mean they are noobs.....everyone in arena plays alt toons and are veterans at it and slip up and you're losing a ton of points. 

14 hours ago, BananaNinja said:

I've actually arena'd various times before. I'd suggest if you want to get more than 1 point, stop trying to abuse silver team queues and expecting to get 30+ points from it and queue in your rank so you can actually climb. Like I said before if you would have read my response, the amount you can gain is based on the DIFFERENCE in your ranking versus your opponents rankings. If you are queueing against nothing but silvers, you should expect to get little to nothing in point gain with a 200+ point difference. If you were to queue in your own ranking like you should be doing, then you would be gaining the original amount of points around 10-20. I don't understand what you're complaining for, because THIS is how rankings work. You can't just expect to be bosses to top 5 from playing nothing but mediocre to bad players. Be a little sane please, it isn't that hard to understand. Queue in your own rank or keep on complaining about the 1 point gains in a ranking you shouldn't even be queueing in.

I'd also like to point out that this happens in more than just 3v3, so I doubt that there is an actual set amount of minimum points you're supposed to get. I've gotten a 2 point gain from WWV after winning 4 matches with over 75 points each. Unless you can provide actual credible evidence that it's supposed to be a 7 point min gain, there's no way I can believe your word.

e867fd263eb819c08ebcff3c5f7ad47a.png

Did you even read the initial post? And the fact that your tagging me a BG ranking shows you clearly don't arena. I'm not the one abusing the game rofl, my entire team was gold but we got matched against a team that had 2 silvers and 1 gold. The gold player in that team is the one abusing the bug because he gets matched against us at the chance of only losing a point while if he wins against us he will get a ton more. SMH do you guys even arena if you did you would know the MINIMUM points is 7 points per win no matter what. And right now its a bug since this has not been happening for about a month long and it was never announced in a patch note.  And I know it's a bug because I and all those who been doing arena for a long time know how its done and haven't been experiencing a gain of less than 7 points until recent days.

40 minutes ago, NineArt said:

I'm not the one abusing the game rofl, my entire team was gold but we got matched against a team that had 2 silvers and 1 gold. The gold player in that team is the one abusing the bug because he gets matched against us at the chance of only losing a point while if he wins against us he will get a ton more. SMH do you guys even arena if you did you would know the minimum points is 7 points per win no matter what. And right now its a bug since this has not been happening for about a month long and it was never announced in a patch note. And I know its a bug because I and everyone who sleeps in arena knows how its done and they will tell you its a bug. It's not caused by rank difference just to let you know. and no one wants to waste their time grinding noobs especially towards the end of the season when we need to rank up. And just because you get matched against a team that is way lower than you doesn't mean they are noobs.....everyone in arena plays alt toons and are veterans at it and slip up and you're losing a ton of points. 

Then what happen here that your entire team was between 1700-1670 while that silver team was around 1500 and the gold member they got was around 1600 hardly.

And for your little question about we know arena, I have been playing arena since beta and that is normal for arena to get under 7 if the gap between the ranks is huge.

And you think that gold member lost a little number ? No he lost alot of points while his silver mates lose the same amount the lose point of match like that could cause them around 7-15 points losing.

And I refer to noobs here who is very low ranked and can't bypass a certain rank, People like you and me playing on alt or not can bypass a certain ranks so we not noobs but the new players, old player who didn't master pvp or hate pvp is noobs in term of pvp that why they all low.

I know you going to say now not my fault the game put me against low players, Welp it not yours or game problem it more of low pvp players in this game, queue for tag match and 1v1 is pretty dead special compared to old days.

And that come to many factor include unbalanced match, classes, stupid rewards for pvp, no events for arena at all and maybe the fact that no one care about pvp no more cause it items sucks and useless plus to that the rusty server and game engine that ruin pvp experience for many people making them hate to pvp anyway.

the issue is from the game, he didnt do anything wrong, matter of fact is that we make sure that our points are around the same within a 30 points difference max, so if i was 1700 the lowest one in the group can be 1670 not less, we make sure of this to get fair matches and to get matched up with people around our ranking. 

the player on the other team is abusing this bug by playing with silver ranked people because if he lost he won't lose much and if he won he'll win a lot of points, its simple math no need for screenshots and to try to explain that NineArt is wrong is just funny.

the game matches you depending on the highest player rank, thats always been known, this bug sucks especially that match we played vs a timeout assassin just to get 1 point at the end. funny

30 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Then what happen here that your entire team was between 1700-1670 while that silver team was around 1500 and the gold member they got was around 1600 hardly.

And for your little question about we know arena, I have been playing arena since beta and that is normal for arena to get under 7 if the gap between the ranks is huge.

Haha been playing since beta but mentions that you get under 7 points if the gap of ranks is too huge....no sir, you don't get under 7 that is the minimum even now go do 1v1 you wont get under 7....this bug is only in tag match right now. And it has only been happening recently. I have never seen it happen before. And no that gold player didn't lose much points because of his team mates. And yes people like us playing alts can bypass a certain rank but ranks always reset and you start from the bottom although you are very pro. A pro can have a low rating too before climbing their way up. And also that gold player can be 1700+ with this bug. I seen someone 1800+ abuse this bug like this. 

2 hours ago, NineArt said:

Did you even read the initial post? And the fact that your tagging me a BG ranking shows you clearly don't arena. I'm not the one abusing the game rofl, my entire team was gold but we got matched against a team that had 2 silvers and 1 gold. The gold player in that team is the one abusing the bug because he gets matched against us at the chance of only losing a point while if he wins against us he will get a ton more. SMH do you guys even arena if you did you would know the MINIMUM points is 7 points per win no matter what. And right now its a bug since this has not been happening for about a month long and it was never announced in a patch note.  And I know it's a bug because I and all those who been doing arena for a long time know how its done and haven't been experiencing a gain of less than 7 points until recent days.

Yes I did, various times. You keep bringing up this "7 points minimum per win". We're the evidence??? Where in this whole game does it say explicitly you're supposed to gain at the minimum 7 points??? Unless you can provide ACTUAL EVIDENCE, not just your bullshit claim because you think you have more experience than everyone else responding to you on this thread, I will not believe your claim. You can't just blatantly say something like that without providing actual evidence from someone like an actual developer saying it's supposed to be at a 7 point minimum. I asked you this in my last post, and you went straight past it, STILL claiming the same shit without providing evidence I was asking for. Sure, you might have not been the one abusing the point system, as I can believe you if the other team had 1 gold and 2 silvers, but that's not the point of THIS thread here. What you're complaining about after thoroughly reading your post various times is that you're complaining about getting only 1 point from a team that is consisting of probably a 1530-1580 point average, while you're team is queueing at about a 1700 range I can assume. The fact that you think you should be gaining more than 1 point is really idiotic as THIS is how rankings work. If your team has the advantage, you WILL gain less from winning; that's just how it works. You claim to know how to the system works yet you're still expecting to get more than a couple points from winning from people who more than likely are stuck at a silver/gold barrier of tags. Cmon dude, anyone can see where the flaw in the logic is at. I can trust that you aren't the one trying to abuse, but when you're saying here that you're expecting more than a couple points from a gold vs silver game can really only make you assume that you're trying to push for a much more skewered rating system where mediocre people can get to high plat or so just from killing people who can't even get into gold. Yes, there is an issue with the queueing system where you can get placed in a silver game if they have a single gold. Yes, there is an issue where not enough people are playing so the game compensates by opening the queueing range past 150+, and you get queued against people you wouldn't want to be queueing against. Unfortunately, these issues cannot be fixed unless you queue at peak hours or unless ncsoft decides to fix the way the system averages rates for tag queueing (which keep in mind is near impossible to actually fix without creating even more issues). BUT, that's not what this thread is about. What you are focusing on here is not the queue nor the difference in rating being a problem, but that you're EXPECTING to get 7 points minimum from a queue you shouldn't even be queueing in the first place, and expecting to not get an average of 1-5 points from a 200+ rating difference range in these types of matches. 

Also, the reason I provided the wwv picture is to show you the most immediate example I had of it happening in more than just tags. Just because you think it only happens in tags (because that's probably all that you play) doesn't mean it doesn't happen in other ranked PvP gamemodes. As the nyaa person also provided, it can also happen in 1v1's, so your logic there is obviously wrong. Not to mention, just because I provided a picture of 6v6 PvP DOES NOT mean I don't do arena matches; have a brain please, this is getting really irritating having to get this information through your thick skull.

Did you know that maybe the ranking system actually might be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed because of the fact that according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly? Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

3 hours ago, NineArt said:

Haha been playing since beta but mentions that you get under 7 points if the gap of ranks is too huge....no sir, you don't get under 7 that is the minimum even now go do 1v1 you wont get under 7....this bug is only in tag match right now. And it has only been happening recently. I have never seen it happen before. And no that gold player didn't lose much points because of his team mates. And yes people like us playing alts can bypass a certain rank but ranks always reset and you start from the bottom although you are very pro. A pro can have a low rating too before climbing their way up. And also that gold player can be 1700+ with this bug. I seen someone 1800+ abuse this bug like this. 

As everyone that did answer you here, game never said the limit of points of is 7 if winning.

And myself from like couple of months in a 1v1 when i was gold and did vs a silver player, pretty low I did get around 3 points or 4.

So yah it normal.

Archived