Fortune Falls bugged

DirectorTseng

I've noticed in several runs so far that randomly Fortune falls bugs at the final boss. You are told to CC in order to sober him up and prevent his Defense buff, but half the time the CC bars never open up in order to CC and even if you try they don't register. This has caused several wipes in PT's i've been in so far (and with as many wipes I have run this dungeon more then I ever want to).

Played 2x. And never saw the 4 bars going black to stun him. Someone said  "i hope you all know how to stun" before the start. I tried it, when i saw the bigger aeo (with white bars), but it wasn't working. Then, the one got angry, because it didn't worked. "fu...stun him". Looks like, only he saw the black bars.

But a wipe? I think, he is so easy that you can't get wiped. Even without stun. The fight is just a little bit longer. He's not taking much lp from you. Well, i used ice shield to protect the group at the bigger aeo. Maybe this helped a little too.

When is the best time to stun him? At a curtain % Level? 70%, 30% like Longgui? At his bigger aeo? Or just when you "can" see the black bars?

Bugs?!... the only bugs I saw were latency and bad design.

With a ping 300+ you have less then 1 second to put 4 CCs (preferably stuns) in the boss, which gets increasingly hard if you're one of the few paying attention to it, while avoiding tornados and red circles, if the aggro holder doesn't move him.

The bad design goes for the excessive ambient light and unecessary effects that could make you miss the mechanics.

As for wipes, if the overall dps is low, and no one moves the boss away from the tornados, if the aggro is with a ranged class, and you also mess up withthe CC... well it is a wipe.

He is highest wiping event dungeon. He's a level 50+ dungeon run but with the mechanics not working pretty much only a 850+ pt with a raven or two can dps through the 20 stacks of defense the boss gets. I've run several 750 AP runs with my alts and if we only get similar AP party members when he hits 20 stacks his HP just stops moving and you hit the enrage timer. 

We even had a PT with two ravens and once the 20 stacks hit our DPS slowed to an absolute crawl and we hardly made the enrange timer. Add on the constant vortexs that lag up rigs and lower FPS on top of water graphics, the poggle aoe that knocks you down it can actually be really hard for lower levels to actually complete this dungeon. 

Archived