20FPS on GTX860M ?

Priscellica

I run almost all the time 90-121 fps @ 29-35 ms

in 24 man Bt I am typically 58-60 fps

Core I5 3.5ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz (water cooled)

2 - Nvidia 1060 xtreme gaming 6gb cards

32 gb memory

512 gb samsung pro M.2

512 Samsung 840 Pro SSD

----------

I have this same set up with a 7800K I7  overclocked to 5.2ghz

instead of twin 1060's, I have one watercooled 1080 which at the time cost almost as much as 2 1060's having the extra cores..  is not such a big deal in BnS.  I suspect  more than anything, my proximity to a uplink to BnS is the one thing that makes my gaming with Blade and Soul so good.

46 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

I run almost all the time 90-121 fps @ 29-35 ms

in 24 man Bt I am typically 58-60 fps

Core I5 3.5ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz (water cooled)

2 - Nvidia 1060 xtreme gaming 6gb cards

32 gb memory

512 gb samsung pro M.2

512 Samsung 840 Pro SSD

----------

I have this same set up with a 7800K I7  overclocked to 5.2ghz

instead of twin 1060's, I have one watercooled 1080 which at the time cost almost as much as 2 1060's having the extra cores..  is not such a big deal in BnS.  I suspect  more than anything, my proximity to a uplink to BnS is the one thing that makes my gaming with Blade and Soul so good.

Could you record yourself playing in 24 man raids + just idling(or hitting dummies) in full or almost full channel in mushin tower on top settings and show cpu usage/gpu usage with msi afterburner? 

Some of the laptops with dual video card might use intel video card for some games.

check your Nvidia control panel and make sure you are using 860m, not the intel integrated video card.

I have old HP Dv7 with 650m and I get 40 fps with shadow turned off.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I'm still looking for a solution to this problem. So far the only development I made was when I was looking at my NVidia settings for the 100th time.

I found this: e71999aeff8ae47654b607538f017340.png

I don't know how to change it over because I told it to use my GeForce card but it isn't. This concerns me because now I'm wondering if, for some reason, my computer is forcing the integrated graphics card to run BnS despite specifying under the 3D settings to use my GeForce card. But I enabled that thing that shows what programs are running under that GPU and when I start up programs after that it says it's running on my GeForce. So I really, really don't understand what's happening here. I've tried everything...

I feel like BnS is purposefully trying to get me to quit x.x

On 19. 7. 2017 at 10:05 AM, Priscellica said:

I could be wrong, but shouldn't my graphics card be capable of handling BnS on max settings without issues?

Nope. GTX860M is like a desktop a GTX650, what was the lowest mid-range GPU... 5 years ago. Your 2,5Ghz CPU doesnt help there either.

17 minutes ago, KzE said:

Nope. GTX860M is like a desktop a GTX650, what was the lowest mid-range GPU... 5 years ago. Your 2,5Ghz CPU doesnt help there either.

Uhh....

b85528430b19de77af7565a3fdc8b407.png

Just one of a few benchmark tests with my specs. Not with minimum, but with recommended. Also I'd like to point out that I've been here since beta and never had issues with FPS until recently...

Most sites say I should be getting at least 60 FPS.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound rude in my reply but I would just like to politely say that I don't think that's accurate. Not the best graphics card, sure, but for BnS? It should be more than fine.

EDIT: This benchmark also asks if it's a desktop or laptop, so that is also taken into account with the report

Just now, Priscellica said:

Most sites say I should be getting at least 60 FPS.

Those sites are garbage, and you see it with our own eyes. And again, this game is not the same, what was at release. There is no point to compare with release requirements.

15 minutes ago, Captain WeebM@ster said:

I recorded myself playing in DKV with no ctrl f and almost everything on top settings if anyone could tell me what exactly is not letting me have 60 fps here that would be great

You have CPU bottleneck.

Just now, Captain WeebM@ster said:

In what way?  I didn't see 4 cores getting to 100% even once in this whole video, the CPU that i had before (i5 4440) was 600Hz slower than this one had less Cache and yet i didn't get fps improvements since i upgraded a week ago. 

The game uses mainly 2 cores, and they are at 100%.

4 minutes ago, Captain WeebM@ster said:

You got any video showing how a better single core speed CPU like i7 7700k or something like that will work here? I tried looking around and i can't find anyone playing without ctrl f

14 minutes ago, Captain WeebM@ster said:

He's playing on a lower resolution with ctrl f on and only getting 15-25 fps more than me, I'm also getting 50-70 fps with ctrl f on and 100+ in areas other than the boss fight

After this you will see whats the problem with game.

5 minutes ago, Captain WeebM@ster said:

I'm kinda stupid so you gonna have to spell it out for me, the 2 cores the game is using never went above 80% yet his avg fps was around 40?  I legit have no idea what caused this so please tell me 

Short answer : your PC is fine, the game is bad

Long answer : old DX9 game, UE3 engine... so it have a lot of limitations, what a new PC cant solve. High single core performance can help a little bit, but it cant do miracles. More objects, effects and damage calculation on screen, less fps you will have.

7 minutes ago, KzE said:

Short answer : your PC is fine, the game is bad

Long answer : old DX9 game, UE3 engine... so it have a lot of limitations, what a new PC cant solve. High single core performance can help a little bit, but it cant do miracles. More objects, effects and damage calculation on screen, less fps you will have.

I sent Support a ticket asking them if its even possible to achieve 60fps under those settings, I'll update the thread once i get final answer  

Archived