Elemental or Critical damage

kymura

1 hour ago, kymura said:

so im kinda new on this game so im wondering which one is better, the critical damage or elemental damage pls help !Insert other media

You want critical damage first since its easy to come by, but elemental damage is something you want to target that also balances with critical damage. too little critical damage and your overall dps isnt so impressive, where low elemental damage, or none makes your non criticals really lackluster. Finding a balance is something you have to do, but more critical damage is the safer option. however until you reach raiding gear, you can use elemental rings/earrings/necklace from EC/DT/NF.

The elemental ring is compareible to the draken ring if you can keep up on critical damage, since it gives about 11% elemental damage(the most out of the heroic but not the most useful), and elemental damage scales with critical hits and outside of them, where critical damage doesnt make every AP better and better, it only makes what you have now and multiplies it more- so thats why you need to find that balance if you have to choose.

The heroic elemental earring is solid and highly recommended by anyone since its much better than the trueboss and pinnacle earring- about 10%+, slightly more in damage, lastly is the necklace- this is where critical damage might be too low, once i dip down into 220%, i start to have damage falloff, compared to the 240-250%+, i will say this- the stronger your skill is before modifications, the better elemental damage is (for kfm, comet strike, a heavily augmented cyclone kick, or 8 piece smite benefits from elemental dmg more than critical dmg, when you have lower damage, critical dmg is better ).

My recommendations before legendary black tower is the  heroic elemental ring and earring. necklace is experimental and varies with builds and rotations- so get the draken necklace to make up for the lack of crit dmg the other 2 have.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, Ylkrad said:

You want critical damage first since its easy to come by, but elemental damage is something you want to target that also balances with critical damage. too little critical damage and your overall dps isnt so impressive, where low elemental damage, or none makes your non criticals really lackluster. Finding a balance is something you have to do, but more critical damage is the safer option. however until you reach raiding gear, you can use elemental rings/earrings/necklace from EC/DT/NF.

The elemental ring is compareible to the draken ring if you can keep up on critical damage, since it gives about 11% elemental damage(the most out of the heroic but not the most useful), and elemental damage scales with critical hits and outside of them, where critical damage doesnt make every AP better and better, it only makes what you have now and multiplies it more- so thats why you need to find that balance if you have to choose.

The heroic elemental earring is solid and highly recommended by anyone since its much better than the trueboss and pinnacle earring- about 10%+, slightly more in damage, lastly is the necklace- this is where critical damage might be too low, once i dip down into 220%, i start to have damage falloff, compared to the 240-250%+, i will say this- the stronger your skill is before modifications, the better elemental damage is (for kfm, comet strike, a heavily augmented cyclone kick, or 8 piece smite benefits from elemental dmg more than critical dmg, when you have lower damage, critical dmg is better ).

My recommendations before legendary black tower is the  heroic elemental ring and earring. necklace is experimental and varies with builds and rotations- so get the draken necklace to make up for the lack of crit dmg the other 2 have.

how do you get that other legendary earring that isn't the elemental one from BT??

Archived